Is he being rude?

girlinNYC

• Author
I’ve recently started casually chatting to a guy on Bumble. He’s quite attractive so I’m interested in speaking to him but I’m trying to decipher whether he’s throwing shade at me or acting mysterious for now to ‘stand out.’

I told him he has a nice smile, he responded saying I have a nice pout (I hardly pout in my photos.)

He asked me what kind of lawyer I want to become, I said family law and he said ‘divorce and heartbreak, interesting ?

I haven’t replied yet but before I further a conversation I’d ideally like some insight as to whether he’s being rude or just playful. I would rather be a recluse than waste my time with another who isn’t serious.

Didn’t expect so many replies. Thanks for all your comments. Apologies if I haven’t responded to all, but I have read them all. Great insights all round.

Couldn’t have summed it up better. I’ll happily admit I misinterpreted. I threw some banter back, he responded quite well and has started asking open ended questions. It was more than likely a stand out technique, rather than something malicious. Definitely stood out as I’m used to guys fawning from the get go (which I find unappealing!)

You mean he doesn’t appear to be some awful human being who wants to chip away at your self confidence?

I admit, that was sarcastic!

I’m not even sure it was even much of a technique, other than attempting a little humor.

Like I’ve said, a pout can be cute to some guys.

• Author
You mean he doesn’t appear to be some awful human being who wants to chip away at your self confidence?

I admit, that was sarcastic!

I’m not even sure it was even much of a technique, other than attempting a little humor.

Like I’ve said, a pout can be cute to some guys.

Yep, I’ll admit for the 100th time if I have too that I misconstrued it.

Just taking it one day at a time, being objective in the process

Yep, I’ll admit for the 100th time if I have too that I misconstrued it.

Just taking it one day at a time, being objective in the process

That wasn’t directed towards you, girlinNYC! I thought you had a pretty open mind.

It’s directed towards the over reaction that happen on LS threads from time to time. I’m poking fun at some of the posters.

• Author
That wasn’t directed towards you, girlinNYC! I thought you had a pretty open mind.

It’s directed towards the over reaction that happen on LS threads from time to time. I’m poking fun at some of the posters.

Some are very temperamental, that’s for sure!

"Honi soit qui mal y pense" Do you know what this means?

Shame on him who thinks ill of it

Edited by kendahke
  • Author
Good luck Girl, Have fun!!

He asked me a few questions, didn’t reply back and the conversation expired/deleted itself after 24 hours. How Bumble works to avoid ‘ghosting’

Was fun while it lasted!