The problem with "nice guys"

A nice guy always has more room on his plate. He loves to please. Thrives on small compliments. Gifts are always appreciated. Ask size first ;)

"Can I live in my small apartment with no man to share costs but I can do what I want, whenever I want to do it, or would I rather "put up with" any old man and have more spending power?"

But it is often not so cut and dried, so extreme, she may be living a perfectly good life with a nice house, and a man may not actually add that much to it as far as she is concerned.

Not everyone dreams of a luxury yacht in the Caribbean.

I think most women who are "desperate financially" will always go down "the man" route, but those who are picker, who can take men or leave them, who are holding out for "a good one" are most likely happy financially, (whatever their particular financial status may be), they do not feel they NEED a man to pick up the tabs.

And I also think some women who are reasonably well off financially, are in no mood to hand it all over to any old man either no matter how "nice" he may be, another reason for pickiness.

No one says to accept any old man just to have a man.

Yes she can have the big house in an upscale area and is doing

well financially and does not need a man for money.

Though sadly there are many women in high paying careers and

do not need a man for money yet they will not accept a man that is not

in the money. Again another example of a woman that rather complain

and stay single because the only men that she can get are financially

below her.

Because a woman is well off financially does not mean she has

to hand over her money to her husband. Just another empty excuse.

When I married my wife I did not care that she was not in a

high paying career and most likely never would. She had everything

to be a good wife and mother.

It was my job to go out there and bring the money home.

Yes she has worked except for the short time off due having two

kids. And her money was a big help.

• Like 1
No one says to accept any old man just to have a man.

Yes she can have the big house in an upscale area and is doing

well financially and does not need a man for money.

Though sadly there are many women in high paying careers and

do not need a man for money yet they will not accept a man that is not

in the money. Again another example of a woman that rather complain

and stay single because the only men that she can get are financially

below her.

Because a woman is well off financially does not mean she has

to hand over her money to her husband. Just another empty excuse.

Why does it matter to you what choices a woman makes about who she dates? It's her life after all.

Most of these women who have the I don't need a man mentality are pretty anti-male period so it is good if they remove themselves from the dating pool. I wish male bashers would stay as far away from us as possible.

• Like 1
Most of these women who have the I don't need a man mentality are pretty anti-male period so it is good if they remove themselves from the dating pool. I wish male bashers would stay as far away from us as possible.

I think you'll find that women who don't like men already don't bother with men. Now, if you could persuade men to stop complaining about not being able to find girls who they don't respect anyway, we could be on to something.

Looking at much of what men have written on this thread, it's clear there's no love lost between them and the opposite sex. I really don't know why they want a girl when they hold such disdain for womankind.

Edited by basil67
  • Like 2
I think you'll find that women who don't like men already don't bother with men. Now, if you could persuade men to stop complaining about not being able to find a girl who doesn't like them anyway, we could be on to something.

I know some misandrists who are in relationships with men and these are young women. A friend of mine's wife has been becoming more and more hateful since the election and I tell him to get out now before you become the target of her rage because it will happen. Another friend of mine went a date with a woman who was wearing a proud misandrist T shirt.

I do agree with you that men shouldn't want a woman who doesn't like them anyway. Even if you do manage to get one you will just be walking on eggshells the entire time around her. Who needs that?

• Like 1
I know some misandrists who are in relationships with men and these are young women. A friend of mine's wife has been becoming more and more hateful since the election and I tell him to get out now before you become the target of her rage because it will happen. Another friend of mine went a date with a woman who was wearing a proud misandrist T shirt.

I do agree with you that men shouldn't want a woman who doesn't like them anyway. Even if you do manage to get one you will just be walking on eggshells the entire time around her. Who needs that?

I thought we were talking about the women who have no need for men not liking them anyway. The ones who are married are a different kettle of fish....just like the misogynist men who marry women.

Either way, those who cart around hate, disdain or a lack of respect for the opposite sex have no business being in relationships.

• Like 2
I think it is in your own point of view. As a nice guy myself, I would not go after any woman that is in to "Bad boys". Why put up with all the baggage? As a nice, whole, put together guy, I am worth more on the market. Real nice guys go fast, they find other good women and marry settle down and have kids. Leaving the women who are into "Bad boys" to wonder where are the nice good guys are when they want to settle down. They deserve what they get in the end. For the guy who is nice, do not sell yourself short, hold out for that woman that complements you. You ideas of fidelity, honor and being a good husband and mate are worth more then you can know.

What you really need is self confidence. Have that, and the rest will follow.

Nicely stated!

Looking at much of what men have written on this thread, it's clear there's no love lost between them and the opposite sex. I really don't know why they want a girl when they hold such disdain for womankind.

Isn’t there a saying about eventually hating what you worship?

Anyway, I think the disdain comes from pressure, plain and simple - pressure to measure up to some self-imagined standard of masculinity that involves being able to hook up on a regular basis. When I was single, I wasn’t miserable because I didn’t have a partner. I was miserable because I imagined that others viewed me as a loser because I really struggled to get dates when it seemed so much easier for everyone else.

Isn’t there a saying about eventually hating what you worship?

Anyway, I think the disdain comes from pressure, plain and simple - pressure to measure up to some self-imagined standard of masculinity that involves being able to hook up on a regular basis. When I was single, I wasn’t miserable because I didn’t have a partner. I was miserable because I imagined that others viewed me as a loser because I really struggled to get dates when it seemed so much easier for everyone else.

But do you not think some women have the same problem getting dates?

We always hear about the "hot" women with men falling at their feet, we rarely hear about the average and below average women in the looks dept., the shy women, the socially inadequate women, the women left at the end of the dating queue, the women who no-one really wants to date...

It is not just a male problem, though men it seems do most of the shouting about it...

If "nice guys" are really that desperate I am sure there are loads of lovely women out here who would love some attention from men.

• Like 2

I agree with this. The same can be said for men with the same approach to relationships. Some men think that they are more masculine if they treat women poorly. I've noticed that men who are unsuccessful with women end up feeling very bitter towards us.

There's no strength in having a bad attitude. I don't know why some women think that they are "strong" if they are rude and hateful all the time. They have an axe to grind with men and they seem to enjoy punishing men just for being male.

Nicely stated!

Nope. That's no good post.

Lots of people are "nice". But "nice" doesn't turn women on and make them interested in you. Just like plain old boring nice Jane plain does not turn me on or interest me. You want to be a little bad, a little wild, and a nice guy at the same time. You want the woman to look at you and go, " this guy is way too happy and having too much fun. I will hook him and try to change him into something he is not and make him miserable.".

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

It seems like the people who can do without romantic relationships (and even prefer it) will never be completely understood by the people who cannot do without romantic relationship and vice versa. In general, I don't think the choice to be single has to do much with misandry/misogyny.

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 3
I agree with this. The same can be said for men with the same approach to relationships. Some men think that they are more masculine if they treat women poorly. I've noticed that men who are unsuccessful with women end up feeling very bitter towards us.

There's no strength in having a bad attitude. I don't know why some women think that they are "strong" if they are rude and hateful all the time. They have an axe to grind with men and they seem to enjoy punishing men just for being male.

It's because they are incapable of seeing male/female relationships through anything other than a hostile lens. They can't even fathom that some men and women actually like each other and enjoy each other's company romantically and otherwise. They can only see a gender war and they must be the winner.

• Like 1
Why does it matter to you what choices a woman makes about who she dates? It's her life after all.

FRIST:

Because it is their own choices that keep them single.

SECOND:

Non stop complaining that they can't get "the" man they want.

Third:

They ignore that the reason they are "still" single is they are only

willing to date a man that they can not get because they do not

bring to the table what is needed to close the deal.

There are many men that want to marry a Jennifer Aniston or a

Scarlet Johansen, even a Victoria Secret model. They can not

even get into the places where the level of this women socialize.

They know they will never be able to be in their social circles so

no accidently on purpose meeting them and chatting them up.

Never be co-workers.

Damn, average-man will not even be able to get a woman that is a

"10" on looks, with a high six figure income. So they face reality and

marry within their league.

If facing reality is good enough for us men. Then facing reality

is good enough for women.

• Like 2
FRIST:

SECOND:

Third:

Never be co-workers.

Yeah, but since it's their choices that keeps them single, that means they don't care that much if they are single.

But there's plenty of "invisible" women out there who never get interest from men, but they're not nearly as vocal about it. It's not like there's not a match out there.

FRIST:

Their life choices have nothing to do with you. I still can't see why the way someone else lives their life bothers you so much.

SECOND:

If you hang around people who complain to much, that's on you. Find other friends.

Third:

Never be co-workers.

Again, how does any of this affect you? And if if doesn't affect you, why hate it?

Neither men or women have to face reality if they don't want to. If they want to be fussy and single, it's their life and their choice. Providing their choices aren't illegal, people have choices as to how they live their lives.

Nice guys live and let live. Nice guys support diversity of choice and eschew judgment of the choices of others.

Just outlining the problems here ;)

• Like 1
Nice guys live and let live. Nice guys support diversity of choice and eschew judgment of the choices of others.

Just outlining the problems here ;)

As someone who happens to have a long term partner who acts just as you describe, I fail to see the problem.

Edited to add: I know you've got a wink emoticon, so I know you're joking around. Just not sure who you're aiming the joke at or what it's about.

Edited by basil67
  • Like 1
As someone who happens to have a long term partner who acts just as you describe, I fail to see the problem.

Edited to add: I know you've got a wink emoticon, so I know you're joking around. Just not sure who you're aiming the joke at or what it's about.

There is no problem. You have your man basil...women and men have each other in a relationship or not.

I haven't participated in this thread so far because I'm not sure what it really means.

I know nice men and nice women. The truth is that I don't know any person who is truly 'nice' who isn't paired up.

What does that mean, I don't know....and I don't want to talk about it.

One thing I know for certain, I will not judge people or make decisions about their character based on whether or not they are in a relationship or not.

'Nice guys,' get good women. Fake people, men and women, get the same.

• Like 1
  • Author
'Nice guys,' get good women. .

maybe but those 'good' women walk all over them

If you say so.

Maybe the idea of a 'good/nice' man and the idea of a 'good/nice' woman is subjective. Always will be...lol.

Truth, I still don't know what the deal is with this thread. All my gf's are married and they are not complaining or cheating.

The only single guy I know is a catch...but horrified at how forward and aggressive the women are.

That's all. Nice guy being taken advantage of or overlooked...don't know any.

ladies. any guys walking around endlessly repeating how he's such a nice guy -- you can bet your crumpets they ain't as nice as they preach. :p

• Like 3

So in your view, all nice guys have no spine and are unable to stand up to a woman. You don't think very highly of men, do you.