My EA has transitioned to PA plus I've asked for divorce

• 4 months later...
  • Author
I'll try to keep it short. this man hunted me down (through social media). It all started flirty and we even sexted. but the more we know each other the more it becomes mellow and romantic and less and less "sexy".

We've said a few "i love yous" here and there, we've kissed. He keeps telling me I helped him find "his voice" again, that I'm the closest thing he's had to a best friend in a long time...

If it was only sex, I would have already given it to him (and he knows this), what would he get out telling me all of this?

the connection is genuine, it really is. But what does he actually want?

A year later, the answer is that he didn't know it himself when he first approached me. A lot of drama later everybody is in a good place. The kids love being around each other (although that was expected) and my relationship with them is going very smoothly. A year ago I would never had thought that kissing that man (that I just wanted to kiss to know how it felt to kiss someone else) would lead to the most loving and fulfilling relationship I've ever had.

I guess affairs sometimes are the way to meet a "soulmate" but because of how they work it's impossible to tell. The pain caused and the guilt will always be part of them but eventually we all get there (we did!) His exW has a boyfriend that she loves very much by all accounts. My exH is still looking but he's more at peace with everything else. He accepts he took me for granted for the whole time we were married and that I did the right thing (not the affair but leaving). I hope he finds someone one day.

Every now and then I get little glimpses that what we did was the right thing (definitely not the way to do it) but that were right for each other and we always were.

1 whole year and bragging? I don't think you should be writing a book about the secrets to a successful relationship quite yet. Good luck.

• Like 1