Me and My Girl

• Author
Hah, notice how most of the negative comments are from women..

Yes, there are a lot of younger women who go through a phase of having crushes on older men. I have had a few of these types of relationships. They are usually very casual. Women at that age are experimenting with all kinds of men. It is fun to be part of their experiments :p.

Don't get too serious and possessive or she will run. But you can't be joe cool either. It is a delicate balance. But I don't know, late 40's seems to be kind of the cutoff for dating women in their 20's. And you usually need your own place if it is going to be a somewhat of a sugar-daddy/ mentor relationship. Young women can be "less than monogamous" at times, and that is the natural order of things. Could you deal with that?

I love this dynamic with younger women. But then again I know that such arrangements are not meant to last, and that is just fine.

interesting post. yeah, the sugar daddy thing.. i don't think i can be that type of person. i am just not cut out for that kind of thing. i suspect her intentions are purely innocent.

CautiouslyOptimistic
Hah, notice how most of the negative comments are from women..

Ah no. They are from people who value fidelity.

• Like 4

Did you ever see the mental health professional that was suggested that you see in your May thread.

In the space of one forum thread, you talked about:

- Kicking your son (and actually did it)

- Considering raping your wife in her sleep

- Considering seeing a hooker and taking pictures of it :confused: (why do you need that for a divorce?) #47

Now you are going to church with your family one minute, then suggesting dating a woman 30 years your junior the next... In what world is that normal behaviour for a married man with two quite young kids? Boy 12 and daughter 8.

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic
Did you ever see the mental health professional that was suggested that you see in your May thread.

Now you are going to church with your family one minute, then suggesting dating a woman 30 years your junior the next... In what world is that normal behaviour for a married man with two quite young kids? Boy 12 and daughter 8.

Omg. OK, OP, you have major issues. Get some help. Out.

• Like 4
if you only knew how miserable the house i come home to is. a constantly pissed off and moody wife. always screaming at me and the kids. i spend my days at work as long as late as possible to offset having to come home to that and get accused of being an absent father.. its just an endless vicious circle and downward spiral that seems to lead to a bottomless pit.

Your married why are you not with your wife what happen to you both. You have to be there for your kids don't cheat them out of love and respect. Your life has to be put on hold so you should be there for your wife and kids. What your going to do is make the wife and kids cry, because daddy has a hot young 20 year chick now. Even if you divorce your wife which I doubt very much you would do. This gives you an excuse to cheat on her and your kids. Everyone is affected. Why have kids in the first place if your not going to be there for them. Why you looking for another woman you just going to break her heart as well you got a wife already she must be upset with you as well. What a mess you have there on your hands.

Absolutely agree with everyone else.

You are a married man. Not to mention the fact that you are old enough to be this girls father. You have no business chasing a 20 something year old girl. This is disturbing.

Get your divorce, get some counselling, and then maybe look for someone who is at a similar stage in life. Leave this girl alone.

Edited by BaileyB

I'm in a similar situation. Currently going thru a divorce and dating a much younger woman. I'm 41 and she's 25. Yes, we are in different stages in our lives but honestly things are AWESOME. We joke about the age gap but we both want similar things out of our relationship together. She's also super intelligent and already has her first masters degree and working on her 2nd before starting her PHD.

That may, in fact, be a differentiator for our relationship though because guys her age are still living with their parents with no direction in life.

Can it work? YEP.... Will it work??? Who the hell knows unless you take the chance.

CautiouslyOptimistic
I'm in a similar situation. Currently going thru a divorce and dating a much younger woman. I'm 41 and she's 25. Yes, we are in different stages in our lives but honestly things are AWESOME. We joke about the age gap but we both want similar things out of our relationship together. She's also super intelligent and already has her first masters degree and working on her 2nd before starting her PHD.

That may, in fact, be a differentiator for our relationship though because guys her age are still living with their parents with no direction in life.

Can it work? YEP.... Will it work??? Who the hell knows unless you take the chance.

But, which came first, the divorce, or starting to date the woman?

Could you imagine? This girl telling her friends about the guy she is dating.

Well ya' know, he's as old as my daddy, he abuses his son and admitted to having fantasies about rapping his wife, a desire for hookers, but he's such a cool guy! We have tons of fun together.

Oh yeah and he's married.

IF, if this girl was actually interested in you, I would hope to God she had a father or a brother who would personally show you how you don't deserve to get involved in a young girls life.

I know my dad would beat the crap out of him if a man like you came sniffing around me or my sister.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
response to deleted post ~T
  • Like 9
But, which came first, the divorce, or starting to date the woman?

It wasn't the divorce. ;)

Seriously, I don't understand why young girls date older men. There is nothing more disturbing than an older man who chases a woman half his age...

Had either of you come around my house when I was that age, my father (the retired police officer) would have sent you packing.

Edited by BaileyB
  • Like 3

Seriously, I don't understand why young girls date older men. There is nothing more creepy than an older man who chases a woman half his age...

Had either of you come around my house when I was that age, my father (the retired police officer) would have sent you packing.

Unfortunately, it wasn't the divorce. I did things ass-backwards and I do regret that. However, for the first time in 4 years I'm really happy so at the end of the day it's been good for me.

Going back and reading about the OP in this thread though and YIKES

CautiouslyOptimistic

Seriously, I don't understand why young girls date older men. There is nothing more disturbing than an older man who chases a woman half his age...

Oh, I don't know. 41 year old men can be quite sexy, so I get it. However, it's just dating. She'll grow out of it as he ages.

Oh, I don't know. 41 year old men can be quite sexy, so I get it. However, it's just dating. She'll grow out of it as he ages.

I guess too that I'm in awesome shape as I've been bodybuilding for 20+ years and I'm a good looking guy.

CautiouslyOptimistic
I guess too that I'm in awesome shape as I've been bodybuilding for 20+ years and I'm a good looking guy.

Oh, well that changes things. Looks ARE everything, after all! :laugh:

• Like 2
I really wish LoveShack had the Gif option.

I wish LS had exceptions to breaking the guidelines for people like him. I have so many jokes in my head but can't use any of them! I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!!

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic
I wish LS had exceptions to breaking the guidelines for people like him. I have so many jokes in my head but can't use any of them! I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!!

And, again, I need a GIF! :laugh:

• Like 1

Sure, but not if you are in your early 20's... I would never have considered dating a 40 year old man in my 20's... I certainly would never have considered a serious relationship with someone old enough to be my father. But, maybe that is just me.

And yes, she will grow out of it as he gets older... time stops for no one.

CautiouslyOptimistic
Sure, but not if you are in your early 20's... I would never have considered dating a 40 year old man in my 20's... I certainly would never have considered a serious relationship with someone old enough to be my father. But, maybe that is just me.

And yes, she will grow out of it as he gets older... time stops for no one.

Unless you're a body builder with a great body ;).

• Like 1
  • Author
I have no issue with what consenting adults do but you shouldn't be cheating like this.

gezz louise. how is this cheating??

i am texting this person who is an adult about art and homework assignments. i am not sleeping with her or sexing. how the hell does this qualify as cheating? all i came on here is to ask for advice to be able to tell if a much younger woman is showing interest because its been so long and i have no clue anymore. as i am out if touch and definatly out of touch when might be going through a 20 year olds mind.

so what the hell are you blabbing about.. any time i have any sort of minimal interaction with a female socially i am supposed to stick out my arms and yell, 'hold on there, i am a married man with kids'.

CautiouslyOptimistic
gezz louise. how is this cheating??

i am texting this person who is an adult about art and homework assignments. i am not sleeping with her or sexing. how the hell does this qualify as cheating? all i came on here is to ask for advice to be able to tell if a much younger woman is showing interest because its been so long and i have no clue anymore. as i am out if touch and definatly out of touch when might be going through a 20 year olds mind.

so what the hell are you blabbing about.. any time i have any sort of minimal interaction with a female socially i am supposed to stick out my arms and yell, 'hold on there, i am a married man with kids'.

LOL! Yes, that's how marriage vows work :). Sorry if you don't like it. And YOU are the one who titled this thread, DATING a younger girl.

• Like 7
  • Author
Well it is certainly revalent to the conversation.

Could you imagine? This girl telling her friends about the guy she is dating.

Well ya' know, he's as old as my daddy, he abuses his son and admitted to having fantasies about rapping his wife, a desire for hookers, but he's such a cool guy! We have tons of fun together.

Oh yeah and he's married.

IF, if this girl was actually interested in you, I would hope to God she had a father or a brother who would personally show you how you don't deserve to get involved in a young girls life.

I know my dad would beat the crap out of him if a man like you came sniffing around me or my sister.

Cool. So let me get this straight, you would ask the big tough male members of your family to beat up to a pulp some guy because of something you think you saw posted on an online forum which you think you assume you are 100% sure is true, just because, well, you know everything on the internet means something and is true. Of course.

Or are you saying you are going to ask them to beat him up to a pulp because he is older than X number of years than you and your sister? (mind you, we are all on here discussing adults and people way over 18).

In which case the big question of the day for you is, what is that magic number which is the cutoff point where a guy in your books dosn't deserve to get beaten to a pulp and have his face smashed in by your dad and brothers? 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? Oops.. what happens at 16 years older?

• Author
LOL! Yes, that's how marriage vows work :). Sorry if you don't like it. And YOU are the one who titled this thread, DATING a younger girl.

Yeah right, I am not going to be shouting out at every woman that says hi to me, "yo, stay away, I am taken". I would be the biggest fugin loser on the planet.

So, is that what you do? When the guy at the parking lot says hi, you go, "no, don't talk to me, i am a married woman"?

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
Cool. So let me get this straight, you would ask the big tough male members of your family to beat up to a pulp some guy because of something you think you saw posted on an online forum which you think you assume you are 100% sure is true, just because, well, you know everything on the internet means something and is true. Of course.

Or are you saying you are going to ask them to beat him up to a pulp because he is older than X number of years than you and your sister? (mind you, we are all on here discussing adults and people way over 18).

In which case the big question of the day for you is, what is that magic number which is the cutoff point where a guy in your books dosn't deserve to get beaten to a pulp and have his face smashed in by your dad and brothers? 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? Oops.. what happens at 16 years older?

Your ridiculous deflections aside, my personal opinion is 10 years. As long as both are over 21. Teenagers should only date within 2-3 years of their age range.

• Like 1
  • Author
Unfortunately, it wasn't the divorce. I did things ass-backwards and I do regret that. However, for the first time in 4 years I'm really happy so at the end of the day it's been good for me.

Going back and reading about the OP in this thread though and YIKES

gee thanks. I guess I could play the game that most lurkers on here are playing and keep creating new accounts and posting as different people. But whats the point? This is a community forum where you vent and discuss and vent and ask for advice.

I am fairly certain it will lean to nothing with this girl. There is too much of a age and mental gap between us, regardless of the shared interests in culture.