Had a fantastic date, is this okay to send the following day?

amazonrambo

• Author
Intrigue is fine but every time? It gets old after a while. Please be more straight up. Save the mystery for once in a while. It’s only fair to give her a preview plus she may suggest alterations to the date that might make it more pleasurable for her.

Remember, you need to consider her needs and wants too. Don’t get too caught up in your game of trying to win her heart. Let it happen naturally.

If I get the chance of a third date, I'll do just that and avoid all that mystery stuff. Not all together, but sparingly. When she asks me questions, I don't ALWAYS act mysterious. Sometimes I'll leak a bit of information about myself but not too much.

I called at half 2 and sent that text at half 3. Nearly 11pm and not had a reply yet, so I'm hoping I get a response tomorrow and it's because she takes ages like she has been doing. If not I guess I can assume she isn't interested and just drop it altogether if no reply after 2 days?

I don't want to overthink, if it happens it happens. If I'm going to be ditched over too much walking then it wasn't worth pursuing if it was over something so simple. But lesson learned in the future, whatever happens.

• Like 1
  • Author
This exactly.

OP, again, are you reading from a pua script about this mystery thing? You need to adjust what you do based on what's happened (very obvious hints about wanting to know what the date is from her, and a very obvious dislike of too much walking, for example)

You are overanalyzing stuff like how much she crossed her arms (pua bodylanguage lesson maybe?) and not observing the glaringly obvious.

The mystery/fun element is great when it's done naturally, and in small doses. Not when it's forced on someone every time, and feels part of a play manual.

So use more sparingly :)

I don't use it everytime. When I set up the first date I mentioned bowling. In person when she asks me questions I'll mix it up, so I'm not constantly doing it but I do feel I could tone it down.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
If I get the chance of a third date, I'll do just that and avoid all that mystery stuff. Not all together, but sparingly. When she asks me questions, I don't ALWAYS act mysterious. Sometimes I'll leak a bit of information about myself but not too much.

I called at half 2 and sent that text at half 3. Nearly 11pm and not had a reply yet, so I'm hoping I get a response tomorrow and it's because she takes ages like she has been doing. If not I guess I can assume she isn't interested and just drop it altogether if no reply after 2 days?

I don't want to overthink, if it happens it happens. If I'm going to be ditched over too much walking then it wasn't worth pursuing if it was over something so simple. But lesson learned in the future, whatever happens.

If you're ditched, I doubt it will be because of the walking. It will be because she's seen through your inability to BE YOURSELF!! This whole cheeky mysterious shtick is not sustainable in a relationship!

• Author
This is all scripted and it's not going to work out well if you don't stop. It's not intriguing or mysterious, it's contrived and comes off as insecure and desperate. Any connection you are hoping to make with her is going to have to come from an authentic place within you. If you do anything, listen to the women on this thread who are telling you to stop this.

Okay, I'll stop it.

Do you think I've messed it up now and that's it? Apart from the hinting about the walking, everything else on date #2 went fantastic. Smiling, laughing out loud in the restaurant, letting me caress her hand, holding her around the waist, kissing her at the end and she kept lingering around.

Obviously if I continue what I'm doing it'll get worse.

CautiouslyOptimistic
Okay, I'll stop it.

Do you think I've messed it up now and that's it? Apart from the hinting about the walking, everything else on date #2 went fantastic. Smiling, laughing out loud in the restaurant, letting me caress her hand, holding her around the waist, kissing her at the end and she kept lingering around.

AR, I'm curious.....in the long term relationships you've had, have you had a tendency to analyze every move your partner makes the way you analyze every move your dates make, everything they say?

That's good. I think you're on the right track but need to make some modifications (which it appears like you're doing or at least will try to do going forward).

Main thing is just to relax. If it works out with her, great. Then it was meant to be. If it doesn't, guess what, an even better match is out there somewhere for you.

I feel we over complicate dating. It's just all about honest open communication and two people having fun. When we get caught up in the nuances of this and that, should I call or text, what do I text and how long should I wait to text... all that is just BS that will drag us down.

Look at the best relationships. Do you think people are posting on forums about next steps to take? No, they're happy spending time together and they're comfortable in their own skin. There is no second guessing. If an issue arises, you communicate with your partner to arrive at a solution that benefits all parties.

The best thing I ever did with my dating life? Honestly? It was to stop posting play by plays on places like LoveShack, and telling my real life friends EVERY SINGLE LITTLE DETAIL. After a while, you just kind of figure it out as you figure yourself out (i.e. your wants and needs, your expectations, likes and dislikes, etc.). It kind of is trial and error. The key is to embrace the journey and know there will be speed bumps along the way. But if you keep trucking on and trust the process, just live your life and eventually someone will make their way into your life. Now I can't guarantee this will work for everyone all of the time, but take it from me. I'm a guy who has psychoanalyzed my dates to the very minute detail, I'm a guy who was single for over 12 years but I recently stopped posting my play by plays here and just lived my own life. Now I'm in a loving relationship almost 3 months in. If it can happen to me then I'm sure it can happen to others.

• Author
If you're ditched, I doubt it will be because of the walking. It will be because she's seen through your inability to BE YOURSELF!! This whole cheeky mysterious shtick is not sustainable in a relationship!

I'm not being so mysterious that she knows nothing about me, I still tell her little things about me when she asks but I don't give too much away, too soon. Everything I do in person is natural and I don't plan it. I walk down the street with her and whatever comes into my mind, cheeky or not, is thought of in that moment and not pre-planned. I am acting the way that I act with other people I know in my life, even at work, not acting different for her. I feel like I'm pushing it a little too far, but it's all natural joking and who I am..

I do overthink though and I plan what I could do because I'm worried things will go wrong. Maybe that makes me appear like I'm trying too hard out of panic.

I mess things up whatever I do, so no surprise.

• Author
I feel we over complicate dating. It's just all about honest open communication and two people having fun. When we get caught up in the nuances of this and that, should I call or text, what do I text and how long should I wait to text... all that is just BS that will drag us down..

I think the advice you find for that online are for people who act too needy, desperate, put women on pedestals, etc and to gain some self control.

I know I had that HUGE problem when I was younger. What I've read has helped me be more self controlled and actually more confident with women. Granted, I'm not perfect and still making mistakes but I'd rather be where I am now than where I was five years ago, even a year ago! I've seen a huge improvement following it, but you can follow that advice too much and forget who you are, become a robot, etc.

Okay, I'll stop it.

Brother, I hope you re-read your post in the quote there. It's a page from my old playbook and trust me, that is a playbook of non success, lol.

You said "OK, I'll stop it" and then you immediately ask more analytical questions. I know it's hard to stop, and I know you'll only stop once you get to that personal point in your life where it's a mindset of "OK you know what, I got this on my own. Whether I "fail" or "succeed" doesn't matter so much as trusting my own instincts."

I don't want to tell anyone what to do but the best thing I ever did for my dating life was going DARK on sharing my dating details with others (i.e. LS, coworkers, friends in real life, etc.)

I feel all this overanalysis is a self fulfilling prophecy. When you find the right girl, she'll make it easy for you. She'll be in contact and she'll reciprocate. It becomes as natural as breathing. If you have to overthink then either:

1. She's not the right match

or

2. You're not quite ready yet and as a result will push her away, even if she is a suitable match.

Dating is about being confident in who you are, being authentic to who you are and finding a suitable match at the right timing of both people's single lives. It's tricky since you can't always control the last part. But you CAN control self confidence and being in a healthy ready to date mindset.

• Like 2
  • Author

The best thing I ever did with my dating life? Honestly? It was to stop posting play by plays on places like LoveShack, and telling my real life friends EVERY SINGLE LITTLE DETAIL. After a while, you just kind of figure it out as you figure yourself out (i.e. your wants and needs, your expectations, likes and dislikes, etc.). It kind of is trial and error. The key is to embrace the journey and know there will be speed bumps along the way. But if you keep trucking on and trust the process, just live your life and eventually someone will make their way into your life. Now I can't guarantee this will work for everyone all of the time, but take it from me. I'm a guy who has psychoanalyzed my dates to the very minute detail, I'm a guy who was single for over 12 years but I recently stopped posting my play by plays here and just lived my own life. Now I'm in a loving relationship almost 3 months in. If it can happen to me then I'm sure it can happen to others.

Wow, that makes complete sense.

I've always told myself if I'm posting on forums like these, something is wrong. Evidence shown when I went nowhere near this forum in my last relationship and as soon as I did, it went downhill. I also speak too much to other people about my dating which continues my overthinking.

From now on, if I have a problem I'll deal with it myself so I'm not inspecting every move that happens.

I hope it works out with this girl and I haven't messed it up, but that'll be my fault and I'll embrace it, move forward, etc.

If I don't hear from her by Wednesday I'll reach out saying that I assume she doesn't want to continue going on dates and I'll respect that, if she changes her mind she knows where I am. Not sure if that's the best way but I'd feel better leaving it at that as if she isn't interested she'll agree or ignore. If she is, she'll correct me.

• Like 1
  • Author
Brother, I hope you re-read your post in the quote there. It's a page from my old playbook and trust me, that is a playbook of non success, lol.

You said "OK, I'll stop it" and then you immediately ask more analytical questions. I know it's hard to stop, and I know you'll only stop once you get to that personal point in your life where it's a mindset of "OK you know what, I got this on my own. Whether I "fail" or "succeed" doesn't matter so much as trusting my own instincts."

I don't want to tell anyone what to do but the best thing I ever did for my dating life was going DARK on sharing my dating details with others (i.e. LS, coworkers, friends in real life, etc.)

I feel all this overanalysis is a self fulfilling prophecy. When you find the right girl, she'll make it easy for you. She'll be in contact and she'll reciprocate. It becomes as natural as breathing. If you have to overthink then either:

1. She's not the right match

or

2. You're not quite ready yet and as a result will push her away, even if she is a suitable match.

Dating is about being confident in who you are, being authentic to who you are and finding a suitable match at the right timing of both people's single lives. It's tricky since you can't always control the last part. But you CAN control self confidence and being in a healthy ready to date mindset.

I get you, I meant I'll stop the "mysterious/intrigue" stuff though. I'll stop overthinking now, if she likes me she'll want to see me again or get in touch.

I am worried I will push the most perfect girl away from me, because we click so much in person and I'll be honest, our chemistry feels electric. I know I'll find someone else, but also worried I might not. Never thought I'd meet a girl like this though, so never know what's around the corner.

I kind of feel like she could do better than me though, like I'm not where I want to be with my career, I haven't got my car yet when most people have. Those are things I'm working to though and I hope she's patient for me to get to my goals if she does continue seeing me.

I'll work on changing my mindset, slowly but surely.

Wow, that makes complete sense.

I've always told myself if I'm posting on forums like these, something is wrong. Evidence shown when I went nowhere near this forum in my last relationship and as soon as I did, it went downhill. I also speak too much to other people about my dating which continues my overthinking.

From now on, if I have a problem I'll deal with it myself so I'm not inspecting every move that happens.

I hope it works out with this girl and I haven't messed it up, but that'll be my fault and I'll embrace it, move forward, etc.

If I don't hear from her by Wednesday I'll reach out saying that I assume she doesn't want to continue going on dates and I'll respect that, if she changes her mind she knows where I am. Not sure if that's the best way but I'd feel better leaving it at that as if she isn't interested she'll agree or ignore. If she is, she'll correct me.

Congrats! Now you're really getting it. You said it yourself from personal experience. I think these boards are fine to post on once in a while to seek outside perspective, but it becomes an issue when you go on and on about every single thought or action. It becomes too much. Places like LS is not inherently bad, but it can be if we abuse it.

Glad to help. I see a lot of the old me in this topic which is why I'm sharing with you my experience. I used to be just like you (see my post history for further proof... I especially invite you to read the one entitled "After 4 dates, my lady friend told me she wants to take it slow" which I started on July 3, 2016).

I don't want you to go down the same path if I can help it. It's amazing if you read that topic of mine I alluded to above. EXACTLY ONE YEAR LATER, when I got myself in a healthier state of mind and loved myself for who I was and didn't place my self-worth in my dating life, I met the woman who would eventually become my current girlfriend. ONE YEAR ON THE DOT. I doubt that would be the case had I created a monster thread about her (I didn't. Instead I trusted myself and lived life naturally -- if she wants to accompany me great if not I ain't going to die). I sincerely hope you get to that point too where you can relax and not want to overanalyze every last detail.

It may not happen overnight, but I know you'll get there. When you do, I'm willing to bet you too will find yourself in a happy relationship.

• Like 2
  • Author
Congrats! Now you're really getting it. You said it yourself from personal experience. I think these boards are fine to post on once in a while to seek outside perspective, but it becomes an issue when you go on and on about every single thought or action. It becomes too much. Places like LS is not inherently bad, but it can be if we abuse it.

Glad to help. I see a lot of the old me in this topic which is why I'm sharing with you my experience. I used to be just like you (see my post history for further proof... I especially invite you to read the one entitled "After 4 dates, my lady friend told me she wants to take it slow" which I started on July 3, 2016).

I don't want you to go down the same path if I can help it. It's amazing if you read that topic of mine I alluded to above. EXACTLY ONE YEAR LATER, when I got myself in a healthier state of mind and loved myself for who I was and didn't place my self-worth in my dating life, I met the woman who would eventually become my current girlfriend. ONE YEAR ON THE DOT. I doubt that would be the case had I created a monster thread about her (I didn't. Instead I trusted myself and lived life naturally -- if she wants to accompany me great if not I ain't going to die). I sincerely hope you get to that point too where you can relax and not want to overanalyze every last detail.

It may not happen overnight, but I know you'll get there. When you do, I'm willing to bet you too will find yourself in a happy relationship.

Yeah, I overthink way too much.

End of the day, if she's interested in seeing me again she'll respond to my text and meet up. If not, then so be it, she couldn't have been that interested or chose some other guy, and I only want someone who is wanting to make the effort to see me. Like you said, they make it easy for you.

If she doesn't respond to my date request by Wednesday evening, I'll delete her number so I'm not tempted to text her again as I'm not chasing someone who doesn't seem into it, shown by her lack of response (if we get to that stage). If I texted her again, I'd send something needy anyway, so best not to.. Even if she never got my recent text, she'd have seen my missed call so that's twice I've initiated contact. She wouldn't ignore me if she was actually interested, but going off her recent response rates I'll probably get a reply tomorrow at some point. If not, then something is up but I'll just make my life easier and assume she just preferred someone else.

Edited by amazonrambo
  • Like 1

I am so confused!

She said the word 'mystery' then when I asked you said she knew exactly what you were doing on the dates. Then later it seems she doesn't know and you like to keep the intrigue up.

Either she knows and you are discussing what you do - and therefore take into consideration what she wants to do or she doesn't know.

I'm stunned that it took several comments from her, bleeding ankles and feet and then several more comments on here for you to 'hear' what she is saying about walking in heels.

Do you listen to her? Do you value and take into account her opinions? Do you ever give her an opportunity to air an opinion about what she would like to do on a date?

I'm stunned that it took several comments from her, bleeding ankles and feet and then several more comments on here for you to 'hear' what she is saying about walking in heels.

ITA. It shouldn’t take several comments from her and several posts here for the OP to actually hear what his date is saying.

That’s why I think that the advice to not overthink and avoid posting is good but might not be what the OP needs right now. Honestly, the OP probably would have planned a walking tour for their next date if he hadn’t gotten advice here to cut down the walking. J/k, but seriously, the OP needs to listen to his date and stop worrying so much about his cheeky grins, one-liners and “building intrigue.”

Eternal Sunshine

In my experience, by the time you get the urge to post on these forums, it's already gone downhill.

When it all clicks, contact and making plans flows so naturally that you never have to post about a thing :D

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic
the OP needs to listen to his date and stop worrying so much about his cheeky grins, one-liners and “building intrigue.”

Yes. This is exactly why I said this behavior is not sustainable for an actual relationship.

It involves crazy golf, but I’ve not known one person to hate that.

Doesn't golf imply a lot of ... walking?

Pick another date, something where you both get to sit. This will be your third date. What about something as simple as a nice dinner out? Ramp up the romance, not the mystery.

• Author
I am so confused!

She said the word 'mystery' then when I asked you said she knew exactly what you were doing on the dates. Then later it seems she doesn't know and you like to keep the intrigue up.

Either she knows and you are discussing what you do - and therefore take into consideration what she wants to do or she doesn't know.

Do you listen to her? Do you value and take into account her opinions? Do you ever give her an opportunity to air an opinion about what she would like to do on a date?

The first date I mentioned we were going bowling initially, but I didn't tell her where else we were going at that point. When we were on that date, after bowling I suggested going to a bar to get a drink.

On the second date I asked when she was free, she suggested Saturday. I then confirmed the details and she replied asking if this was another mystery date, then she asked if we could do Friday instead. I phoned her and mentioned I was going to book an escape room (as on the first date she suggested she liked them) and we confirmed it.

When we were on the second date, she knew where we were going but not the restaurant. I kept that a surprise, but asked her if there was certain types of food she didn't like. She said as long as it wasn't spicy. We got there and she enjoyed it.

Prior to both dates, I mentioned the first place where we were going, but I wouldn't tell her where we'd be going after

Asking her out on the third date was the first time I've not told her what we're doing. However I told her we're meeting at this shopping mall which includes golf, aquariums, activities like that.

On the dates I did ask if her ankles were okay, I joked around too yeah but I did show sympathy. Whenever she mentioned it, which was around 2-3 times we'd be close to the venue and we'd sit down there for 2-3 hours. We wouldn't walk more than 10-15 minutes at one time, I guess that's why I didn't see it as a huge problem but guess I'll have to re-consider this in the future.

That's assuming I get another chance and I haven't put her off. We're coming close to 24 hours without a reply from her, so I think I've messed things up, oh well.

Edited by amazonrambo
  • Author
Doesn't golf imply a lot of ... walking?

Pick another date, something where you both get to sit. This will be your third date. What about something as simple as a nice dinner out? Ramp up the romance, not the mystery.

Mini golf, not actual golf.

We went for a romantic dinner at a restaurant on the last date. It involved me carressing her hand, us playing footsy under the table, etc.

CautiouslyOptimistic
Mini golf, not actual golf.

We went for a romantic dinner at a restaurant on the last date. It involved me carressing her hand, us playing footsy under the table, etc.

Is there a reason you can't do JUST a romantic dinner? Why does there have to be an activity first?

Is there a reason you can't do JUST a romantic dinner? Why does there have to be an activity first?

Dinner and a movie is a classic for a reason...

On the dates I did ask if her ankles were okay, I joked around too yeah but I did show sympathy. Whenever she mentioned it, which was around 2-3 times we'd be close to the venue and we'd sit down there for 2-3 hours. We wouldn't walk more than 10-15 minutes at one time, I guess that's why I didn't see it as a huge problem but guess I'll have to re-consider this in the future.

OP have you never had a blister on your foot? Have you never played any sport and gotten a blister? It’s extremely painful and walking even for 2 minutes is excruciating.

You don’t need to see it as a problem, you need to hear her when she says it’s a problem and then act accordingly. No one wants to complain on a first or second date or seem disagreeable, which is why she didn’t say, look all this walking is destroying my feet, get an Uber or I’m going home. Instead she jokingly offered constructive criticism 2-3 times. The first time she mentioned it, you should have offered to get an Uber, even if you were two blocks away. Seriously. (She probably wouldn’t have taken you up on it if you were that close, but it shows that you are considerate and are listening.) And then when you left that venue you should have gotten an Uber to the next spot.

Anyway, the good news is that she put up with all that pain with a smile on her face for two dates now, so I think it looks good that she likes you.

Also, isn’t it cold where you are? Maybe save the mini-golf dates for the summer.

• Like 2
  • Author

I find just sitting across a table awkward after a while, plus it's hard for physical contact/touching, etc to happen naturally.

A few things we talked about when dining was our families, how long our parents had been married. She said she wasn't into the whole marriage stuff and didn't think it was important, but if she did she'd have a double-barreled surname. She asked me and I said I'd like to get married as I was raised by my parents who saw it as being important, but told her in this day and age it wasn't as important as it used to be, as long as you have a secure relationship, etc.

We also mentioned "party tricks" so she showed me how she could go cross eyed, I showed her how I could wiggle my ears. We then got on to other party tricks and she I asked if I could do one with my body, I said yeah but I didn't feel comfortable in telling her right now. She kept asking and being intrigued, asking if it was something sexual. I jokingly said she could keep guessing but I wouldn't say as I didn't feel/comfortable or it was appropriate right now.

I think she tried reverse psychology on me and said "I bet it's something boring" so I then said "Well you may find out eventually".

There was also another moment where she said "I bet you really like me, I can tell you really like me!". I said "Maybe I do, maybe I don't!" and we laughed. She said "No I think you do!". I jokingly said "Well, you're in my top 3". She asked was it the top 3 of girls I was dating. I corrected her and said "No, no, just in general". She was then teasing me on it but I told her I was just teasing.

We had moments like that, but a lot of the conversation was about getting to know each others interests, likes/dislikes without all the mystery and intrigue. There was genuine conversation.

Just thought I'd mention this if I've done anything wrong here as well.

• Author
Dinner and a movie is a classic for a reason...

OP have you never had a blister on your foot? Have you never played any sport and gotten a blister? It’s extremely painful and walking even for 2 minutes is excruciating.

You don’t need to see it as a problem, you need to hear her when she says it’s a problem and then act accordingly. No one wants to complain on a first or second date or seem disagreeable, which is why she didn’t say, look all this walking is destroying my feet, get an Uber or I’m going home. Instead she jokingly offered constructive criticism 2-3 times. The first time she mentioned it, you should have offered to get an Uber, even if you were two blocks away. Seriously. (She probably wouldn’t have taken you up on it if you were that close, but it shows that you are considerate and are listening.) And then when you left that venue you should have gotten an Uber to the next spot.

Anyway, the good news is that she put up with all that pain with a smile on her face for two dates now, so I think it looks good that she likes you.

Also, isn’t it cold where you are? Maybe save the mini-golf dates for the summer.

We had a romantic dinner on the recent date, I carressed her hand, played footsy, etc. I avoid movies when dating as all you do is sit in silence and you can't get to know each other.

I understand the pain now you say it but I guess I'll have to factor this in the future regarding the uber. Whenever I've dated a girl and taken her to bowling or an escape room, they always wore comfy shoes or trainers, guess maybe that was the type of girl I was used to dating.

Yeah everything else went amazing, but we're now hitting 24 hours without a reply. I know she's at work teaching today, but I'm hesitant in receiving a reply this evening. She had yesterday evening to reply. I just feel like she now sees our dates as too much walking and hurting her feet, rather than having fun with me. I did say in my text there will be a lot less walking and that I feel bad for making her ankles feel sore these last two weeks.

Also, the mini golf is inside, not outside.

• Author

Well, a whole 24 hours have gone by and no response to my date request. Clearly she isn't interested despite showing every sign on our last date. Can't force her to like me, but would have been nice to have some clarity.. Like she doesn't feel it or even an excuse like she's busy this weekend, but silence...

I'm disappointed because every girl I date never lasts past two dates, I'm almost certain I have this "two date curse" because they always collapse after the second date. I thought finally I met a girl I click with, electric chemistry, comfortable with her, no awkward silences, passionately kisses me showing every sign in the book, I might just make it to date #3! But nope..

Life goes on, her loss. I fully appreciate all your advice guys, but I'm done now.