Struggling guys told to "date-within-your-league"

For those on here who STILL think it is about "leagues":

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/genie-bouchard-still-dating-guy-lost-super-bowl-bet-194226648.html

She: Tennis pro. He: College student. I suppose he is good-looking, but surely this woman has her pick of plenty of good-looking guys, including professional athletes. My point is that you have no idea whom someone you are into will be attracted to, and you should not rule yourself out just because you do not check some set of boxes. In fact, attraction tends to have little to do with said checked boxes.

Very often guys, it is instead about just putting yourself out there and taking your chances.

Edited by Imajerk17
... but surely this woman has her pick of plenty of good-looking guys, including professional athletes.

Not necessarily.

Female celebrities often bemoan the fact, guys are scared to ask them out and as a professional tennis player she probably doesn't get much time to date.

Women will often "fit into" the busy schedules of professional sportsmen, men are less likely to want to "fit into" the busy schedules of professional sports women.

• Like 2
Not necessarily.

Female celebrities often bemoan the fact, guys are scared to ask them out and as a professional tennis player she probably doesn't get much time to date.

Women will often "fit into" the busy schedules of professional sportsmen, men are less likely to want to "fit into" the busy schedules of professional sports women.

How many celebrities do you know to make this claim.

BarbedFenceRider

Coming from the fire service perspective. Had plenty of lookers for weekend hook ups. It was bragging rights for them I suppose. But the reality was, when they made it known there was to be no relationship, due to income. The truth was set in stone. I spent many years just to fling and not be serious. We used to call it the 911 club. Back of ambulances, top of fire trucks...lol

Seriously though...3 of 4 guys in our shift were divorced and we knew the other was just not admitting the messing around. Very nihilistic.

My wife and I dated for over 7 years before I committed to her and her alone. She knew of the other girls, but she persisted. When I went though my bout of PTSD and getting out of the fire dept. She was the one who stuck by my side. All the others disappeared instantly. Very telling. That woman is the one who I was going to marry. And she cooked very well..."Fastest way to a man's heart" and all...lol

Was she up or down the league?...Unknown. She is pretty to look at. She is successful with her career. A great mom to my kids and is a very social person. So now, that we are older, plenty of guys look at her. Seeing security, no drama, family orientated. And she cooks! I guess lots of guys I talk to these days spend lots of money on eating out all the time....Home cooked awesomeness beats that any day.

And of course, the rest of it is history which you guys know.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs
  • Like 2
Not necessarily.

And so what you seem to be saying is that a woman in this supposed high league accepted a date from a so-called average guy, because otherwise she'd be dateless--he is that rare guy that deigned to not be intimidated and ask her out anyway. Doesn't that prove my point that leagues the way LS talks about hardly matter. Seems to me that the guy's CONFIDENCE carried the day

And yet in spite of all this, I assure you that there are PLENTY of men who would STILL love to take Gene Bouchard on a date, despite her "busy schedule".

I think your post misses the point of what I was getting at, @elaine. My point is that going by "leagues" is NOT helpful to anyone. If you are interested in someone who is in a supposed higher league, give them a chance to get to like you back. Precisely what the guy in the story I linked in my post #106 did. People go for others who are mismatched in regards to looks, income, even social skills all the time. Until you take a chance, you have NO IDEA what she is really looking for, The LS take on "leagues" be damned. Don't try to make the decision that they can't be interested in you for them!

Edited by Imajerk17
  • Like 1

People do date, marry, have long happy marriages, with

spouses out of their league.

Because one person did it, means that for everyone that

was successful ninety nine others fail.

Though one will never reach the stars if they never attempt

to.