Looked through boyfriend's phone, now upset - ?

Eternal Sunshine
In other words you are asking us how to not feel hurt when he's hurt you. Only time can fix it. It's not your job to rebuild the trust, it's his. He is the one that needs to work on himself, not you.

Everyone has a little bit of good in them, it doesn't all make them fit to be part of a relationship. Criminals love their children just as much as honest citizen, alcoholic and drug addicts love their mom and deep down have good hearts but it doesn't make them good bf and gf.

Someone that 'cheats' or 'lies' or 'maintain emotional friendships with females' because he cannot manage his stress can be a good person at heart, but that doesn't make him boyfriend material.

Keep in mind, he did it once and he promised it was over and here he is doing it a second time. Chances are he'll do it again, he'll just be better at hiding it.

This is very well said. I had a bit of trouble extracting myself from my last relationship because of this "good heart" issue. My ex was also "good" and "kind". I met many of his long term friends and they all LOVED him. He was the first person they called for help of any kind. He also adores his daughters and vice versa.

But... he smokes weed to the point of nearly passing out with his young daughters in the house. He lied all the time, to me, his friends, his daughters, his ex and everyone...I am sure that if you talked to him, he would say that he had the best of intentions. He is still a very poor choice for a bf or a partner for me or anyone else.

• Like 1