Any Multidating Tips???

More people are single than ever because women now don't have to rely on men for financial support or even to have children. You can blame the social media, the OLD but the fact is, our society is evolving...

That's one way to look at it, however, I doubt it's ONLY factor that goes into it. I do believe social media is another culprit. People have access now to more people than ever before, and it's definitely not making things any easier...

... and has been for a number of years way before the advent of internet and online dating.

Pretty much since the raise of feminism and the sexual revolution of the 60s, too.

Women don't need to rely on men ? fine and vice versa : there's a trend these days about ''Men going their own way''. I'm not one of them. I want companionship, a partner, a lover.

Right. And none of that has anything to do with needing a partner for financial support. People still want companionship and love because they're human. Does anyone really think women who aren't needing a man for life's necessities anymore negates needing and wanting a partner anyway? You don't turn into a robot just because you're financially independent. But as a side note, it's still not easy out there for single women, yet. But that's another story.

There are just many things about modern life and new trends in dating making it harder to pair up than ever before... over half the population is single, was the last tidbit I heard..

P.S... MGTOW is just a hate group. Pay no attention...

Edited by Fair
Cookiesandough
Its not that I'm not sold yet, its just that 2 dates isnt enough time to be convinced of much, you know?

I really don't know xD but that makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Author

Third date = Great success

It was so freaking fun. Ballroom dancing is an amazing date, you get to have your hands all over each other, laughing at yourselves, face to face, body to body.. it was so cute :love:

The second I got there I was joking about how I dont know any of these dances (he's already had one class) and he asked if I wanted to get together again to practice (we hadnt even stepped in the building :laugh:) so I said, ya. It was so fun dancing with him. His arms are niceeeee ;) He's tall too and I'm short (5'1) so it was fun with him spinning me around :love:

After the class he asked when we could get together. I asked if Saturday worked for him. He said, yup. He's paid for the last two dates without even letting me pay for the tip so I mentioned cooking dinner for him and what I could cook (everything!) he got all excited. So I'm going to show off my bomb cooking skills and we can dance afterwards in my living room :love:

Guy #2 (Saturday) canceled on me today. The excuse might be legit. He texted me a few days ago saying a friend passed away so today he said his friends funeral is this Saturday. I dont care if its legit or not because....

With guy #1, I'm starting to... care :sick: So I'm not really feeling like seeing other people right now but I might... I dont know. I just feel good about this guy and I dont feel the need to go on other dates

Btw, my Dirty Dancing, Penny shoes were fabulous! ;)

Edited by Disillusionment373
  • Like 5
  • Author

Fourth date = Even Greater Success

I made him a 5 star meal. In his man eyes, he fell in love :laugh:

He did the dishes

Then we watched, American Hustle

After, we danced around in my living room

We settled down on the couch which turned into our first kiss/makeout session :love:

The finale.... we are now exclusive and taking down our profiles :bunny:

• Like 8
Fourth date = Even Greater Success

I made him a 5 star meal. In his man eyes, he fell in love :laugh:

He did the dishes

Then we watched, American Hustle

After, we danced around in my living room

We settled down on the couch which turned into our first kiss/makeout session :love:

The finale.... we are now exclusive and taking down our profiles :bunny:

Sounds very promising :)

I think.being exclusive and focusing on one for a bit is a good idea.

Just don't go getting ahead of yourself and planning the wedding yet ;)

• Like 1
  • Author
Sounds very promising :)

I think.being exclusive and focusing on one for a bit is a good idea.

Just don't go getting ahead of yourself and planning the wedding yet ;)

Hahaha! :laugh:

Thanks joseb!

I'm actually doing a great job being realistic and taking things a step at a time. Took me 2 years to get here! :laugh:

He deleted his profiles today, I deleted mine. What helps my neurosis is dating someone who does what they say they're going to do and doesnt set off my spidey senses :D

• Like 3
  • Author

It's so funny I created this thread with the intent to multidate and I never did :laugh:

Thanks to everyone of you for your feedback, advice and support

You guys are awesome! :D

• Like 2
Cookiesandough

That's really sweet. But I think what's even better is how awesome your dates have been. I don't know. I've never been asked by a guy to do ballroom dancing (might be the guys I'm choosing. Really bad) but he sounds like a romantic type. And all the dates just sounds so romantic and picturesque. The dancing.. . I'm so happy for you !

• Like 2
  • Author
That's really sweet. But I think what's even better is how awesome your dates have been. I don't know. I've never been asked by a guy to do ballroom dancing (might be the guys I'm choosing. Really bad) but he sounds like a romantic type. And all the dates just sounds so romantic and picturesque. The dancing.. . I'm so happy for you !

Thanks Cookies! :D

I highlyyyyy recommend ballroom dancing for a date idea!!!

Maybe not the first or second date. But def the third or fourth. We signed up for the same class so outside of our typical dates so we see each other every Thursday for the ballroom dancing class. I'm not going to lie, I was really nervous about it :laugh: But theres something about getting outside of your comfort zone with the person you're dating that works wonders. Plus, with dancing you get to touch each other and move to the steps with each other. After the makeout session last night, this Thursday is going to be even more awesome :love: We have each other's numbers ;)

If the guy you date doesnt suggest it (I dont think a lot of guys would) YOU suggest it. One thing I've learned about dating is to take the initiative sometimes ;)

• Like 2
  • Author

Forgive me for this little rant. I had a 9 hour clinical today and I'm on 4 hours of sleep. I'm super tired and thus feeling irrational

I havent heard from him since Sunday when we set up a date for Saturday along with our Thursday dance class

I'm starting to have feelings for him so not hearing from him for the past 2 days makes me nervous. The communication has dropped down since Sunday.

Someone tell me I'm being crazy and slap some sense into me

What has been the pattern for communication between prior dates? Do you text or talk on the phone frequently? I'd say 2 days does seem like a long time, but I'd need more info. I'm only going on my personal experience which is once I'm exclusive with somebody we communicate daily.

• Like 1

Dis! Chill!

Get some sleep, and if you don't hear from him tomorrow, then contact him and ask if you're still on for your date.

Now go to bed! :)

• Like 3

Hey Dis, it's great that you're starting to care, but yes just chill :)

This is very consistent with the way he has approached dating you the whole way along, eg texting minimally and mainly to arrange dates. It sounds like you're seeing him tomorrow night for the dance class if I got it correct? So what is there to talk about, he may be letting the excitement build for the actual in person contact.

My guy does this exact same thing and even when I try to text a big paragraph, he says "tell me in person :)" (which is very very healthy and REAL interaction).

It's only one day until the date, so just let it play out. If you feel you need more texting, like maybe once a day or whatever, it's fine to let him know that too... BUT DO IT IN PERSON! After 4 dates or so, it's fine to state an expectation of yours regarding texting, if you really think you need it.

• Like 1

He wasn't an active texter to start with so I think its all fine :) I mean I don't see actual concern, which will be something like a drastic change in patterns.

Forgive me for this little rant. I had a 9 hour clinical today and I'm on 4 hours of sleep. I'm super tired and thus feeling irrational

I havent heard from him since Sunday when we set up a date for Saturday along with our Thursday dance class

I'm starting to have feelings for him so not hearing from him for the past 2 days makes me nervous. The communication has dropped down since Sunday.

Someone tell me I'm being crazy and slap some sense into me

• Like 1
  • Author
What has been the pattern for communication between prior dates? Do you text or talk on the phone frequently? I'd say 2 days does seem like a long time, but I'd need more info. I'm only going on my personal experience which is once I'm exclusive with somebody we communicate daily.

Communication has always been slim

Anywhere from 3 to 1 day of no talking

It never bothered me before

• Like 1
Communication has always been slim

Anywhere from 3 to 1 day of no talking

It never bothered me before

Then you need to chill out. There is absolutely nothing wrong...

• Like 1
  • Author

My brain is just fried

I have clinical at an inner city school and it was so sad today. This 10 year old girl at the school is a paraplegic and has this really complex, motorized wheelchair. After I straight cathed her today and she said she saw something crawling on her wheelchair. It was a roach. I tried to kill it then a swarm of them came crawling out. She was so embarrassed and I felt so bad. Her mom is less than vigligant about her care.

One kid had ciggarette burns all over his back. We had to call DCF.

It was just a hard day :(

• Like 1
The next date is Thursday night...not tomorrow night. Dance class

Ohh, in my head Thursday was tomorrow :lmao::lmao::lmao: Lack of sleep shows.

It is awesome that you texted him. You're exclusive - no need to keep tabs on who's next to text. Hope he responds soon so you can sleep well!

• Like 1

Poor girl :( No words for the mom who let her be...

My brain is just fried

I have clinical at an inner city school and it was so sad today. This 10 year old girl at the school is a paraplegic and has this really complex, motorized wheelchair. After I straight cathed her today and she said she saw something crawling on her wheelchair. It was a roach. I tried to kill it then a swarm of them came crawling out. She was so embarrassed and I felt so bad. Her mom is less than vigligant about her care.

One kid had ciggarette burns all over his back. We had to call DCF.

It was just a hard day :(

• Like 2