Struggling to find the truth

I could also be interpreted as her not watching you sound judgemental.

Saying he'll pop up again doesn't mean she supports the affair.

Therapists aren't there to police your morals and values.

Every therapist is different, and just because they are a therapist, that doesn't make them good at their job.

One thing I found helpful when seeing a counselor was to be very upfront about what it is you want. You are an important part of the process ( the most important part) and you have every right to ask questions, make comments and let your therapist know if you feel they are going down the wrong road.

This is just my opinion, but a good therapist is there to guide you in your exploration of yourself and whatever your issues may be. they are not there to tell you what to do our push their own values/agenda on to you. if you feel that is what is happening and you don't like it, try and speak up.

Thanks for the update, scout.

Would you say you're getting anything out of therapy? I kind of think that if you've been seeing her for a couple of years, it's easy for that relationship to become stale unless you're continually actively setting goals and working towards them. Maybe you should address that with her next time if you don't feel like there is any progress being made. And if you feel like she's a trigger for you, consider finding a new therapist. It's not a bad idea to get a new perspective from someone.

Regarding your MM, are you happy with how things are going? How has it been impacting your other relationships and your inner life?

• Author
Thanks for the update, scout.

Would you say you're getting anything out of therapy? I kind of think that if you've been seeing her for a couple of years, it's easy for that relationship to become stale unless you're continually actively setting goals and working towards them. Maybe you should address that with her next time if you don't feel like there is any progress being made. And if you feel like she's a trigger for you, consider finding a new therapist. It's not a bad idea to get a new perspective from someone.

Regarding your MM, are you happy with how things are going? How has it been impacting your other relationships and your inner life?

Hi Big Sky Blue and everyone who cares! :)

I think I have outgrown my therapist. I have been seeing her for two years. I guess I was afraid of letting go of her in case something happened with MM. I think like many people here, it comes in waves, sometimes I really miss him, like last week. This is embarrassing, but I was out at an event last week. It was an event with people from the same industry (it's kind of a small industry within a larger one). Anyway, a few glasses of wine and I texted him. Now this is the cringeworthy part, and I haven't even told my therapist, I told him I loved him. I don't know why I did that and I just cringe thinking about it. I don't like the way I act when he's involved, I feel like a stupid teenager instead of an almost 50 year old woman.

I decided that he is no good for me, and I have to try the NC thing again. I am going to try very hard not to text him. I won't block him, because I know how bad that feels. Kind of rambling here, but I think I may finally be ready to move on. (famous last words....:rolleyes: