2 months of NC

• Author
My guess is that he wants to hurt you for one of the following: (a) he cares and you hurt him by leaving and his instinct is to hurt you back; or (b) he's one of the @sshole MM for whom it's all about control, and now that you have a little bit, hes angry and wants to get it back.

My xMM did this when I first cut contact. His email back to me started with a paragraph where it was clear he just wanted to hurt me. Comparing me to an addiction, calling me an indulgence, describing me as a bit of fun that had been overshadowed by guilt, and making sure I knew he had reconnected emotionally with his wife and was happy. It was quite the paragraph. I imagine I hurt him and messed up his plans of having a long distance mistress, and he wanted to make sure I walked away with a big ole slap mark on my face. Why? I dunno. Cruelty?

Seriously, though, f@ck your MM and mine and all the rest of them. Personally, I think we all escape a worse fate. Being their wife.

He escalated and sent me an e-mail saying that his attorney will speak to my attorney. Ridiculous...