How Old or Young would you Date

MoreThanThat

F late 40's.

My relationships for the past 10+ years have all been with men 10+ years younger. Not intentional but most of the men around my age or older seem to either have so much baggage or there's a good reason they are single.

• Like 2

I am 22, i dated 20 as youngest and 34 oldest.

iv dated few woman that were much older then me, ae range 30+

and to be honest i preffer company of older woman rather then younger girls that are my age.

They are a lot more sensitive, interesting, kind and experienced and great to be around. The only sad thing is that i cant seam to find a woman that would like something more serious.

I received a lot of compliments from the older ladies i dated and i would date woman up to age of 45, im afraid that older then that wont be interested in anything more serious... but im always up to try :)

i love to love!

I'm 31, the youngest I've dated is maybe like a year younger? Oldest I've dated is almost 44. I have never been into younger men, I always liked older.

Cookiesandough

When I became more cognizant of it, I noticed that I find some older men VERY attractive! Less common than men my age, but they are there. Happy

• Author

My buddy BD is dating a woman that is 50. He is 46. I saw her pic on FB and she looks 38. Its all about looking good inside out.

Visually I want us to look like we are in the same group. So that is 30/40 something.

• Like 1

Mid 30's female here. Last guy I dated was in his mid 20's. Good looking, great job, a little immature but seemed to be an old soul at the same time. Crazy chemistry at first, but I have to lead so many things in many areas of my life, I didn't want the responsibility of always having to lead the relationship, too. Call me old-fashioned, but I think the man needs to take initiative at some point, and I had done all of the initiation in the beginning of our relationship and he had a hard time with planning dates during our relationship. Anyway, he wasn't up to the task and we fizzled out after 9 months because neither of us were very good at communicating what we wanted/needed and he just didn't care to try.

So I think I'm done with guys in their mid 20's. I may go 28-40.

MajesticUnicorn

I am a 22 year old female.

For relationships: I don't date anyone who isn't at least 21. If they can't order a glass of wine at dinner with me, I just feel old. My cut off age is probably somewhere around 25-26.

For hook ups/whatever: Probably as young as 20, old as 30.

l have some weird thing goin on. l'm early 50 but it seems anyone that seriously likes me is usually early 30s , they usually think l'm a lot younger .

But l think that's too young bc l'd be worried about her mid lifing or God knows what else later on.

My only gf since my divorce was 40sbut really good for her age and still really youngish and that really suits me so l think somewhere 40s is good for me.

• 1 month later...
Righteous_Redd

Soon to be 50 year old female here. Don't look or act/feel it. I tend to attract much younger or conversely much older men. However, my age range is as young as 40 or as old as maybe 56. I don't like extremes either way. Average age I seem to find myself with is about 5yrs my junior. I'm comfortable and confident enough in myself that this isn't an issue. My next statement makes me feel a little shallow but sex being important to me as it is in a relationship, I prefer dating younger men so that erectile issues aren't a problem. Anytime I've dated older men, the sex is disappointing and one sided or ends way way too soon for me to receive anything from it.

• Like 1
greymatter
Soon to be 50 year old female here. Don't look or act/feel it. I tend to attract much younger or conversely much older men. However, my age range is as young as 40 or as old as maybe 56. I don't like extremes either way. Average age I seem to find myself with is about 5yrs my junior. I'm comfortable and confident enough in myself that this isn't an issue. My next statement makes me feel a little shallow but sex being important to me as it is in a relationship, I prefer dating younger men so that erectile issues aren't a problem. Anytime I've dated older men, the sex is disappointing and one sided or ends way way too soon for me to receive anything from it.

I can relate to and feel the same about a lot of this. My dating age range was 45-55 and I was finding very few interesting men. I broadened my age range which is now 37-56 and I seem to like men in the early 40s the best. I was married for many years to a younger man and my ex-BF was younger so that is just what works, but if an amazing 56 year old came along, that would be just fine as long as everything worked well between us. I agree that sexual function is an issue and I don't want to be with someone who, starting out, has issues in that area. It's too important to me for that part to be really good.

• Author

I am 46 and people have told me my age range is basically from 24 to 36. I got told that I look 18 the other day.

I need someone with a lot of energy that can handle and thrive on going to music concerts. Working out and going for long walks. I am not a homebody. I can't even handle watching TV for the most part anymore. It better be riviting to get me to watch a TV show these days.

greymatter
I am 46 and people have told me my age range is basically from 24 to 36. I got told that I look 18 the other day.

I need someone with a lot of energy that can handle and thrive on going to music concerts. Working out and going for long walks. I am not a homebody. I can't even handle watching TV for the most part anymore. It better be riviting to get me to watch a TV show these days.

I am a few years older and hear what you are saying. I am very fit and at a very healthy weight and walk 35-40 miles every week. My last boyfriend was younger and he could barely keep up with me. :-) I don't watch TV either though do like to watch movies. The bottom line is that age is just a number and it is who the person really is, that matters.

I'm 39 and I would date as young as mid 30s - as long as he does not want to have anymore children, and as old as mid 50s. Either way, there must be a solid amount of common ground that connects us.

crystalstevens

I'm 26 yo female. I've always found older men (10+ years older than me) more stimulating to talk to and super attractive. If I was single, I would definitely keep my limits for both hooking up and dating men 10-12 years older.

However when I was 20 I hooked up with a 48 y/o

Throughout my entire dating life however, I've only dated guys +/-2-4 years apart.

My current husband is 4 years younger though.

If I was single, I would definitely keep my limits for both hooking up and dating men 10-12 years older. Older men just seem... more attentive and most of them are attractive. (Sigh)

• Author

At 46. I think the best age for me is basically 33 to 53. If I had to shave off the ages. 37 to 47.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a 30 year old guy.

I generally date between 20 and 35. But I'm refining my thoughts on that currently.

20 has been too young. Too much of a generation gap.

30+ has been problematic with women pushing hard for marriage.

25 seems to be a good age for me in general. Mature, looking to settle into something, but not got baby fever.

I don't really have age restrictions. I am 38, so I would date an 18 year old because she is legal age. The oldest woman I have met in person that I found attractive was 54, so I will say that is likely my limit.

Dating in your 30's is really good for a man. You can kinda date pretty much anyone you want. Younger ladies and older ones all seem to be ok with you in your 30's.

That was comforting! haha

If I could see into someones future I'd pick one who retains their good looks as they age. Though my age range is 18-30, I'm 29. If they act childish it is a turn off for me, but some people do this regardless of their age. I think younger women are more attractive. Those who are attracted to older looking people must be happier as they know their partner just appreciates in the looks department.

Just out of curiosity, how frequently are you finding these mid-30s women being attracted to 22 year olds? Where do you meet them? How does it play out? What do they find so appealing about you? Because no woman I know over 30 (or 24, for that matter) would ever want to date a 22 year old male.

Please elaborate.

This is so not true. Women are dating this young and purely for the sex. Why do men think they are the only ones who appreciate smooth skin and a tight body?

I'm pretty open to most ages. 1st husband was 11 years older. 2nd husband was 19 years younger.