How Old or Young would you Date

female 30, Id date 4 years younger and about 5 years older. Ideally id like to date someone within a 3 year age range, not significantly older or younger. Although I did have a fling with a 20 year old when I was about 26 which was fun, but definitely would not have lasted. I would consider dating someone 36+ if we clicked but that's not an ideal situation for me. Im also one of the few people that understand or acknowledge that men have a reproductive clock as far as risk factor goes after the age of 40 and I dont want to deal with that when Im ready to have kids, which wont be for awhile. Also, a lot of people subscribe to the idea that older men are automatically more mature and stable because theyre older, but after knowing, meeting and being friends with a lot of guys I see that that is not true at all.

I'm in my early 30's. I could probably go mid-20s at the youngest if I was looking at long-term potential. The occasional 21 or 22-year-old might be an exception, depending on how much they've got figured out.

But for the most part, I can't really view girls that age or younger (basically, college-aged) as serious potential relationship material. And that's fine. People that age are allowed to be a bit naive or even dumb. They just aren't appealing to me past a superficial level.

However, I would probably feel hard pressed to go much older than say, 35ish, just because I do want to eventually have a family. I think, at that age, things could potentially feel pressure to be fast-tracked a bit, just because time is of the essence.

It's tough, though. Despite there being a lot of progress in social norms for my generation, it's still common to see a lot of women my age or younger getting increasingly nervous about being single. It's amusing, but also unsettling to me, when I hear a 20-year-old kind of fretting because their friends are getting engaged or settling down. It's like, whoa, lady, don't be so envious. Most of those relationships will be dead or on life support in a few years. But I digress.

Also, as a guy, I marvel at the ability a lot of women have to engage in a serious LTR with a man who is noticeably older. I see some of the age-gap relationships out there and just can't envision linking up seriously with a woman who's 10 or 15 years older than me.

• Author

I will state my age range again. For fun as long as I am attracted to her I would say 27 to 67.

Realistic 36 to 50. To be honest. Unless a woman is low key and chill between age 20 to 27. Forget it. Same with guys. I think that people between the ages of of 18 to 27 should just get their career under their belt and have fun and travel. Not get married and have kids. Burn all the self centered stuff out of your system.

Also, as a guy, I marvel at the ability a lot of women have to engage in a serious LTR with a man who is noticeably older. I see some of the age-gap relationships out there and just can't envision linking up seriously with a woman who's 10 or 15 years older than me.

That's because men often value fertility and youthful beauty in a woman.

The women who choose older men are looking for emotional and financial stability. They want a man who is more seasoned and can offer them perks that are absent with men in their age group or younger.

• 2 weeks later...
todreaminblue

female 48 this year have dated men three years younger......30 years older i dont really date for age...i try to date intellectually stimulating...confident ....emotionally mature men...not a fan of much younger as i worry about maturity levels and interests....im a geek.......and because of my experiences......older men are normally a bit more understanding..have had quite a few young guys eventually ask.....them showing fear ....makes me feel motherly........the long term relationships i have had are close in age.....it was more about confidence than age.....for me anyway....i like guys who are old school and court..not afraid to ask a woman out or feel so entitled they feel like gods gift....no games..younger guys often think pua works..and negging crap...older guys show appreciation and respect more ...well..not on;line but in real life yes.....deb

Edited by todreaminblue

I'd go ten years up or down in theory, but actually I prefer people my around my age, more in common and feels balanced.

• Like 2
  • Author

For me. Its all about activities. I want to be with a woman, that I can at least go to rock/jazz/folk concerts. Check out cool resturants. Not just sit around. I have female friends that are within 10/20 yrs of me.

The one that is 65 is very warm to me. the 35 is good, but sometimes lacks that warmth. I see younger women come off to me as entitiled. They think that most guys are weak and will do whatever they say. So sometimes Age is relevent.

I would like a woman that was born in the 70's. That just feels right to me. As long as we look good together. We also get along and have common interests. Thats all that matters.

Edited by Mysterio
  • Like 1

I'm 41 and I question anyone that puts some arbitrary age limit on relationships. Obviously, I can see generational differences and emotional maturity differences possibly being an impediment to a LTR. But then again, I have had relationships with 20 somethings where we had a great connection and 40 somethings that were so jaded and bitter that any connection was impossible for me.

At the end of the day, I can't see seeking or denying a certain age if there is mutual attraction and you have that vague and elusive "connection".

• Author

Most People are friends and stay within their age range. I am 45. I doubt that I will try to date a 20 yr old or a 70 yr old. Its too out of my age range. If I factor what I want. So my limit if controlled is 30 to 50 or so.

Again its all about what you have in common ground. Romantically I will have a natural age limit. Friendship wise. I will have a more wider limit.

• 2 weeks later...
Cookiesandough

I thought I wouldn't date more than 5ish years older, but I recently was attracted to a 39 year old. He looks like my ex and not 39 (whatever that means, 39 is still young) but that's over almost 15 years my senior. Instead of daddy issues I got ex issues

• Like 1

As a women, would you be afraid of people name-shaming you if you date someone 20 years your senior?

I am kind of in a dilemma. Guys around my age (+/- 10 years) either are not attracted to me or they just want a you-know-what.

Edited by youdunsay
Added more info
  • Author

I have a make friend that is 4 yrs younger. I have a older female friend that is 20 yrs my senior. I am 46. I feee like Mr. 4 yrs younger. Our age differences are more extreem. He seems way more into his video games and digital entertainment more than ever.

Ms. 65 soon to be 66. She and I are 20 yrs apart and I think we click. When we have lunch together every 2-3 months. Its usually 3 hours.

I think its all about connection. I am more introspective and want the best for my life. That may make me a bit more in the pocket for some people more than others.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a 22 year old male, I only date older women. I like em mature, curvy, and delicious. I like 35 year old milfs because they know how to **** so they can teach me a few moves and ride me on the washing machine. Plus I herd like women are in their sexual prime in their mid 30s.

normal person
I'm a 22 year old male, I only date older women. I like em mature, curvy, and delicious. I like 35 year old milfs because they know how to **** so they can teach me a few moves and ride me on the washing machine. Plus I herd like women are in their sexual prime in their mid 30s.

Just out of curiosity, how frequently are you finding these mid-30s women being attracted to 22 year olds? Where do you meet them? How does it play out? What do they find so appealing about you? Because no woman I know over 30 (or 24, for that matter) would ever want to date a 22 year old male.

Please elaborate.

• Like 1
kiss_andmakeup

Female; 29. Married. If I were single, probably my age up to 10-ish years older. Unlikely that I would (seriously) date someone younger.

35 female

My ex ex was 45. My ex was 25.

I would like to date a men around 35. But so far I have only dated 27 yr olds. :(

Just out of curiosity, how frequently are you finding these mid-30s women being attracted to 22 year olds? Where do you meet them? How does it play out? What do they find so appealing about you? Because no woman I know over 30 (or 24, for that matter) would ever want to date a 22 year old male.

Please elaborate.

I think he was being smug. On the previous page the same poster said he liked 18-25 yr olds.

• Like 1
Sloppyseconds

I think it has to do with the maturity level on everyone's part. I have had relationships with guys from 3 years younger to 22 years older than I. It truly depends on how you connect, what goals you each have, and where along each other's plan you happen to fall. In all but one of those,I was the younger party. My current relationship happens to be both of us the same age, similar life goals and the most compatible in every regard. There really is no right answer to what the proper age should be, but you have to feel that proper connection.

blockrockinbeat74

Female, 42 - for a fling, 32ish to 52ish.

For a RL, 38 to 46, preferably as close in age as possible. I find men in their 40s to be at their absolute hottest.