Over before it ever really began...

• Author
Jimmyjackson

The breadcrumbs continue...its 2:30am and I'm home alone sober, just got a text "why are you not out?". Obviously I'm sober and she's out drinking so I'm not gonna respond but these texts seem to be a regular occurrence when she gets drunk! 5 months on from 3 months dating I'm surprised she still bothers. Just thought I'd update. Ps it's a bank holiday in the U.K, hence being out on a Sunday.

• 2 months later...
  • Author
Jimmyjackson

Almost 9 months and I'm still not over it, wtf is wrong with me? It's mentally draining I just want to be free of it. I still think about a girl everyday I dated for three months, nearly 9 months ago!!

I've tried therapy for the last 4 months and i don't feel any different. I want to meet someone else, I know there are plenty of girls out there and if I met another it would make me realise this last one isn't so special. I've not been with anyone since her, sure, I could go out and grab a one night stand but I genuinely don't want to, I want something more. It's like I've forgotten how to speak to girls, My confidence is rock bottom. I go out and see lots of attractive girls but I just don't know what to say, I feel really lost.

People on this site are getting over failed marriages and long term relationships, yet here I am whining over a short fling that happened months ago...stuck in the past. I don't know what to do. Why does this feel like the end of the world when it obviously isn't?

• 7 months later...
  • Author
Jimmyjackson

Hey so I’ve not been on this site for a good few months. Hadn’t spoken to this girl for almost a year and I’ve been doing good - seeing a couple of girls. However, on Friday night I was out and I bumped into her and ended up chatting to her and her friend a lot throughout the night as they kept coming over to me. They both ended up back at mine and I tried to kiss the girl this thread is about when I was drunk, she declined but wanted my number as she has a new phone so I gave it to her.

Anyway, she left and I get these texts from her telling me she wishes she had kissed me but she is going through some stuff and has just moved back to the UK this last week or so and is trying to settle again. I assume she went back to her ex and moved abroad for a bit where he was and it hasn’t worked out. I told her no problem and I was sorry for trying to kiss her, she told me she was glad I did and she thinks she feels the same but wants to be sure? Says she wants to ‘talk for a bit’ first?

We had been texting a lot yesterday and it was good to speak to her again, all of a sudden a lot of feelings for her returned and now I’m confused. She says she is back in the UK for good and I did suggest going for coffee one day to which she said it would be a great idea and agreed. I’m just not sure what to think? My gut tells me I’ve bumped into her when she’s fresh out of her relationship (again) and once again it is bad timing and I should leave it alone. A small part of me wants to pursue this again and that part is shouting the loudest in my head if that makes sense?

I didn’t speak to her/see her for a good ten months but over the Christmas period she did randomly like a few of my photos on social media, which are like months old at random hours in the morning (likely drunk) then unliked them the next day. This happened about 3/4 times but I never reacted to it or anything. Perhaps I’ve been on her mind, I don’t know?

Anyway, I’ve not texted her today I’m just letting her come to me if that’s what she wants and giving her space and she claims she has been going through a lot this past year. Is it worth me entertaining this or should I go back to ‘moving on?’

I would not not contact her, but if she does contact you and its not after say 11 at night and she's sober, then I guess you could then entertain the idea of responding if you think the message is worth it. Worst thing you could do now is start chasing her. She needs to show serious interest.

• Author
Jimmyjackson
I would not not contact her, but if she does contact you and its not after say 11 at night and she's sober, then I guess you could then entertain the idea of responding if you think the message is worth it. Worst thing you could do now is start chasing her. She needs to show serious interest.

Yeah, I mean we did text all day Saturday sober and it was good to speak to her again. No word from her yesterday and like you say I am just letting her come to me if she wants to.