Why?

SixxChick

I cried so damn much over the end of a relationship and the loss of a man in my life this entire summer.

Why?

I was mourning the loss of the idealized image of "us" that I had in my brain.

I now view this former relationship and man in reality - a learning lesson and a closed chapter.

The breakup was a blessing.

• Like 2
  • Author
At what point is it not so much about that person specifically but more to do with what we are missing within ourselves? If it is taking quite a long time to heal and the pain and sadness become unhealthy (a good portion of it is healthy), it's time to seek answers elsewhere. I believe that for some a breakup triggers deeper, unexplored stuff. And it's easy to point to an ex and say to ourselves, "you leaving is the reason I am this way." Partially yes. But if you find that you cannot move on its most likely not even about them eventually. That's not to say you don't love, miss, and still yearn for your ex.

I've explored myself for too long.

I guess I became too giving.

I can't do the math anymore.

I cried so damn much over the end of a relationship and the loss of a man in my life this entire summer.

Why?

I was mourning the loss of the idealized image of "us" that I had in my brain.

I now view this former relationship and man in reality - a learning lesson and a closed chapter.

The breakup was a blessing.

BINGO!!!! I was doing the same thing. Once I worked through that in a genuine way I began to turn the corner finally. These are human beings. Not Gods. I was fine before she came into my life. I will be fine now that she is gone.

• Like 1
BINGO!!!! I was doing the same thing. Once I worked through that in a genuine way I began to turn the corner finally. These are human beings. Not Gods. I was fine before she came into my life. I will be fine now that she is gone.

It really is true what they say - don't give one single person so much control of your happiness.

This summer was horrific in that I mourned so damn hard. My eating, sleeping, and other day-to-day routines were all disrupted. All over someone who actually did me a huge favor by moving on. Like most of us, it took me a while to see it that way.

• Like 2