Why?

SixxChick

Heatemyheart89

Hiya

I agree with this , it is so hard . My ex treated me horribly , yet he wants no contact with me and he's over it ? Great !!!

However ,we are two different people - incompatible in EVERY way . He is on his path , me on mine . We are now irrelevant to each other . The way I see it is someone will want my love and probably another woman will want what he has ( or hasn't ;) got to offer )

It gets easier .

• Like 4

It is tough, it is absolutely brutal. But in the end you have to respect the other person's request for no contact. It was really hard for me, I spent two months trying to plead my case for friendship at the very least. He accuse me of being a narcissist and wanting to keep him in my life for my own selfish reasons. He has taken no responsibility for his role in our demise and that is frustrating and sad but that is what he needs to do to deal with what happened. I will never get closure, he will never understand my side of things and we will never speak to each other again. It took me a long time to accept this. This is the first week that I feel free from the pain of losing him. I sent him a letter telling him exactly how he hurt me with no expectations of a response or anything. Somehow that did it for me. I also forgive him and I don't hold any anger toward him, life is too short and I wish him the best. For me it's easier to think of him in a good and positive life instead of with hatred.

• Like 1

It is tough, it is absolutely brutal. But in the end you have to respect the other person's request for no contact. It was really hard for me, I spent two months trying to plead my case for friendship at the very least. He accuse me of being a narcissist and wanting to keep him in my life for my own selfish reasons. He has taken no responsibility for his role in our demise and that is frustrating and sad but that is what he needs to do to deal with what happened. I will never get closure, he will never understand my side of things and we will never speak to each other again. It took me a long time to accept this. This is the first week that I feel free from the pain of losing him. I sent him a letter telling him exactly how he hurt me with no expectations of a response or anything. Somehow that did it for me. I also forgive him and I don't hold any anger toward him, life is too short and I wish him the best. For me it's easier to think of him in a good and positive life instead of with hatred.

Why do you think I gave up on relationships. I no longer date, talk to women or want to be in another relationship. I won't have to worry about this stuff again. The rest of you who continue the path, good luck.

• Author
Why do you think I gave up on relationships. I no longer date, talk to women or want to be in another relationship. I won't have to worry about this stuff again. The rest of you who continue the path, good luck.

I'm out too.

• Author

I'm out too.

But, what about OUR decision that was disregarded and thrown to the wind? The decision that was in favor of trying to work it out no matter what it took. And that it is impossible to come the realization that a person who once meant so much to us no longer exists. Why does our decision have to go by the wayside in favor of theirs?

Because it takes two to make a relationship work. If one party no longer wants to try, then it's just a waste of everyone's time.

Also, if the relationship involves hard work "no matter what it takes", it's just not worth saving. Good relationships aren't that difficult.

• Like 2

It honestly sucks that it is so one-sided. It makes me so angry and upset when I think about it.

I dated my guy for 6.5 years, I stood by his side for life's ups and downs, I moved to two different states with him for his job (one of them being on the other side of the country), I took low paying jobs in the meantime because this was all for him and our future so I was wiling to take low paying jobs so he could get all the experience needed for HIS job, I sold half my closet on eBay and postmark for extra money, and in the end, he just broke it off with me because he didn't feel that "spark" anymore. I told him we could fix this. I said we could schedule more date nights, go to a therapist, go online and find couple games that could ignite that spark we had going for the past 6 years.

He told me there was nothing that could be done and he didn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. He didn't want to work on anything, so I was forced to move back home. He hasn't texted me in 3 months. We blocked each other on every social media account. I'm hurting and he's moved on already with another girl.

It just hurts that after so many years together with mutual respect and love, that it ended like this. That he didn't give me a chance to fix things...that he didn't give me the respect to talk to me at all when I got home. Going from dating someone for 6+ years and being best friends to going absolutely cold turkey is upsetting and hurtful and it honestly blows my mind.

• Author

Someone on this forum once posted something to the effect that if person reveals who they are, you should believe them.

I have not adhered to the NC rule as I have manged to coerce my ex to pay me back the money he owes me on a monthly basis. This has been going on for almost two years with another two to go (unless he can get a loan ... yeah, right). Amazingly, although he kicked and screamed in the beginning, he IS coming through. The reign of terror in him runs deep. But, if he would have considered what I do for a living, he should have thought twice about exactly who he was screwing over.

Anyway, via text, after he told me he left a payment under my front door mat this month, I thanked him and asked him what happened to the guy I once knew. The answer to that question is in the title of this post. There you go. I got my answer, and at least some semblance of closure.

There were many other "revelations" that came straight from the horse's mouth during our relationship. Such gems as, "You're too good to me." And "I don't deserve you." Looking back on it, I was so blindsighted and mistook love when it was really desperation.

The moral of the story is, when they tell you who they are, believe them.

P.S. I'm sorry that I forgot who on this forum posted that thought. But thank you.

• Author
It is a famous quote

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

~ Maya Angelou ~

Ah, yes. Thank you!

ManyDissapoint

My ex just told me the same thing three weeks ago! Is there a dumpers manual somewhere for cheesy yet painful things to say to the brokenhearted?

• Like 1

Wait--I don't get it. Were you basically asking him what happened to the douche-canoe he was when you dated him, because his vigilance at repaying you the money he owes is in contrast to the behavior he exhibited in your relationship? And then was he saying that that guy is dead and gone as in, he has gone on to become a better man?

• Author
Wait--I don't get it. Were you basically asking him what happened to the douche-canoe he was when you dated him, because his vigilance at repaying you the money he owes is in contrast to the behavior he exhibited in your relationship? And then was he saying that that guy is dead and gone as in, he has gone on to become a better man?

Douche-canoe (LOL)? Yes.

Better man? No.

He knows I could crush him in court because I have a trump card I could play.

I'll just take the monthly payments at this point.

Plus, I just started charging him interest. Hey, what do I look like? A bank?

:p

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

When we want someone so bad into our lives, and they don't want us.

It hurts really bad.

Discuss.

P.S. I just realized. I used the word "bad" twice.

Edited by SixxChick
  • Like 3

Its because of our genetic makeup and social programming.

We are social beings, with a strong drive to bond with others.

Bonding is pro-survival.

We hunger for each other.

When that hunger can't be satisfied, we feel pain.

Thats my take on it, anyway.

Take care.

• Like 3

I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out how to take her off this unreachable pedestal. But I can't, she was nearly perfect for me. Every conflict/fight we had was from my doing and my stubbornness to admit I'm wrong l.

How the hell do you get over the perfect person for you, when you're the one that pushed them away m?

• Like 2

I don't know either, except to say I think I've reached the point that I don't care either way if I have someone or not in my life.

• Like 2

At what point is it not so much about that person specifically but more to do with what we are missing within ourselves? If it is taking quite a long time to heal and the pain and sadness become unhealthy (a good portion of it is healthy), it's time to seek answers elsewhere. I believe that for some a breakup triggers deeper, unexplored stuff. And it's easy to point to an ex and say to ourselves, "you leaving is the reason I am this way." Partially yes. But if you find that you cannot move on its most likely not even about them eventually. That's not to say you don't love, miss, and still yearn for your ex.

• Like 1

The rejection by the one who you pictured your future with and shared special times and intimate moments with hurts terribly. I cope with it daily and it's an awful feeling. I try to focus on my blessings in the present and be grateful for the positive things in my life even though I feel the loss of the relationship.

• Like 1