Why don't women just ask guys out to make dating much easier in general?

NJ123

I think the majority single mothers would not be single by choice. I think many of them would much prefer for their marriages to have succeeded or for their partners to be alive.

Likewise, a 30yo can also possibly be at home due to extenuating circumstances. Having lost all their money due to no fault of his own, being a carer for disabled or aging parents, having lost their job or marriage and needing a bit of time at home while they get back on their feet. I've seen numerous posts where a person is in an abusive relationship with no money and we tell them to go home to where it's safe and they can recover. I don't see any of these things as being a lifestyle choice.

So true. The constant I've noticed in many of these discussions is that people like to make assumptions and generalizations about others. And it's often that process of assuming and generalizing that eliminates options.

• Like 1
I don't get why it has to be the way it is for. It feels like in 2016 the whole entire structure of dating has changed due to social media & online dating apps, but the one thing that would probably improve things is if women would finally start asking guys out just as much as men ask women out. I just don't get why they don't do it, or not anywhere as much as men do.

If she likes you and is attracted to you, she will come to you.

providing you act in a confident non-desperate manner when you flirt with her a bit before turning your attentions on someone else.:D

I personally like getting women to chase and do.

When they decide to pursue me things go much more smoothly.

Especially the hotter women.

Every guy they meet is trying to get in their pants asap.

Me, i'm just trying to see who they are and showing them a fun time out.

You show them you are different than the other guys and then they want to know why.

Then they are making an actual effort to go on dates with you and really get to know you.

The only downside to this approach is you need to be patient and have other things going on in your life where meeting a woman won't monopolize your every waking thought and cause you to chase.

A FWB doesn't hurt either. :)

I've tried it. It didn't make things easier.

It only makes thing easier for *you* if the women you are attracted to, are the ones to ask you out. Unless you like rejecting people (I don't).