Vacations over

• Author
msoptimistic

Thanks for support and encouragement. I think the "friend" comment still has me in a bit of shock. If I think about how many times I had something I wanted to say but didnt because I knew deep down that his response would break my heart it is amazing. I knew he was where he wanted to be but I wanted to wait it out till she left then be there still begging for crumbs. Little did I know that there are no words or no actions that could have made that happen. I kept trying to be exactly what he needed and wanted when what he needed and wanted was in his bed every night. I am physically and emotionally exhausted and I brought it all on myself by using denial and justification to make myself believe something that was never there. Talk about poor judgment......

56 and married to 28 yr old with 4 previous marriages to his credit...really? But I guess those failed marriages had nothing to do with him having other "friends" around? OK, sarcasm phase has begun!

• Like 2
...sarcasm phase has begun!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

The Kubler-Ross change-curve (not her more popular 5 stages of grief model) probably best addresses this:

shock

denial

frustration

depression

experiment

decision

integration (aka sarcasm!!!)

• Like 1

He's been cheating on a woman half his age since she was 24. She could do so much better than a man who should be grateful to have a young wife, young enough to be his daughter. What a prize. Poor woman.

• Like 1

1x = amazing

2x = extreme torture

After that no mas.

I stuck with a 6 month deadline because who can live through another planning of a vacation that is not going in the correct direction for you. At least you have a M hope you can pull it all together!!

ladydesigner

msoptimistic sending you big high fives! I think you are living up to your username now! Onwards and Upwards! Keep that man in your rear view mirror where he belongs. He wonders where his friend went :sick: oh boy!

• Author
msoptimistic

One question...about his W which is actually none of my business...she is 28 years younger than him but shes not exactly the "hot trophy wife" that some may think. She is quite a bit overweight, never dated prior to him and I must admit, at my worst I stalked her pretty heavy and she was never included in any activities with her own class reunion nor are there any social media posts that show social activity with anybody but him or her immediate family. Maybe she is just really really private but he always said he married her because her family was friends with the family who owns the business where he works and she "understood" his long hours and stress. I have this little inkling that he was the best she thought she could do. Again, not my business and though I have always felt she was getting a really raw deal, she agreed to it. I have no intention of telling her anything although I have wrestled with the idea many a time over the past almost 4 years. I mean really, we met on their 1 month anniversary. If I were her I would want to know but I'm me and I dont feel its my place to tell her...at least not right now in anger. So I'm feeling pretty guilty about this...his daughter is 36...which makes it seem even more weird. I feel like I hurt a child by getting into this when she was 24 (like someone pointed out). I do wish there was a way to help her...any suggestions or live with that guilt and move on.

I'm not sure if you're still in the affair or not. I don't see this is the end for you with him.

His wife must have been desperate to marry him. People rarely marry a man twice their age unless he's loaded or she's desperate. If neither he'd have to be some adonis or have a lot going for him.

• Like 1