Ladies, is my size a deal breaker?

Over the years, I have come to really believe that any man who isn't able to get women consistently truly either has a serious social deficit, ranging anywhere from crap personality to clinical disorder, or that they are not fishing in their own pond. All you have to do is go to Walmart to see couples paired up at every attraction level. It's when guys (or women) are unable to desire someone at their own attraction level that they fail. And I'm not saying it's all their fault. I'm a bit that way myself. But I'd rather be alone than with someone I'm not attracted to, and I'm good with that. But if it's really important to be with someone, then I hope for others that their loneliness motivates them to love those not initially most attractive to them. Otherwise, they will be lonely forever.

Fortunately, social skills can be worked on, though those with serious social disorders are among the last to admit it's them that has a problem and to seek help for it. Anytime you have someone who insists the rest of the world is messed up and at fault for their situation, that person likely has a disorder they need to address. And we hear that a lot here, and I have seen it often enough in real life.

• Like 1
Gloris25 post #40,

Well, it's true.

And I'll tell you something else - when one of them dropped his pants I thought I was talking to an elephant........;) so don't believe all the rubbish you hear about small men being "small"...

I love a parade!

For me personally it would be a deal breaker, only because I am about 6'0.

I wouldn't mind someone who was a little shorter but I do prefer to feel smaller compared to the man.

Each to their own though. My cousin is probably the same height, if not shorter and actually just married a girl he met on OLD who is 6'2.

Girls are also generally shorter than men, so that is on your side. I unfortunately don't quite fit into the average height which makes it difficult. So many girls like tall men even if they are 5 foot 5. I see memes on fb of people saying no to anyone under 6 foot. Please, it is so pretentious.. I bet half those girls are short. Do you really need someone a foot taller than you? I also think its really disrespectful to shorter guys.

RedPurpleOrange

It's sad but true that short guys are at a distinct disadvantage. I feel lucky to be tall, I've spoken to many women and 90% of them always aim for taller guys. They want to feel 'safe', they want a guy to be 'manly'...it seems height is a big visual component of that. Taller guys DO have an unfair advantage. Genetics aren't fair.

I've been trying to be wingman for a guy at work. He's 5 foot 2. Intelligent, late 20s, super-funny guy, really nice, outgoing, chatty, good-looking, good head on his shoulders. And the ladies look at my greying 41 yr old ass instead and I hate it*!!!!

(*well, I LOVE it, but that's not what is *supposed* to be happening in this case!)

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

Taller guys that puff their chests out thinking they have some sort of "bonus points", just because they are tall kinda crack me up...

They don't understand women in the least bit....Being tall won't help any guy if he aint shyt,,,,and that's the bottom line...

Conversely the world is full of shorter guys that do quite well with women..The way some people talk its as if any guy shorter than 5'11"should be banished to the Island of Misfit Toys or something...:laugh:

Utter nonsense....

Just go to the nearest place where couples congregate...You will find tons of shorter guys in happy relationships with gorgeous women...

TFY

• Like 3

People who have traits that are out with what most consider "normal" and "average" are going to struggle.

So whilst women tend to go for taller men then a guy who is 6'5" plus is going to struggle as is a guy who is less than 5'5".

Its not impossible, but he is only going to be attractive to a niche band of women who are themselves not of an average height or to women who do not really care about the height of their men.

He will be considered not so attractive to the average crowd who will tend to see his height as too tall or too short.

Taller guys that puff their chests out thinking they have some sort of "bonus points", just because they are tall kinda crack me up...

They don't understand women in the least bit....Being tall won't help any guy if he aint shyt,,,,and that's the bottom line...

Conversely the world is full of shorter guys that do quite well with women..The way some people talk its as if any guy shorter than 5'11"should be banished to the Island of Misfit Toys or something...:laugh:

Utter nonsense....

Just go to the nearest place where couples congregate...You will find tons of shorter guys in happy relationships with gorgeous women...

TFY

I'm 5 foot 9, and have literally never had any issue. It's not something I ever think about.

One of my best friends growing up was about 6 foot 3, and couldn't pull in a brothel.

Height is just cheap dominance. However, I agree that it must be difficult for really short guys - like under 5 foot 5 or something.

Now as for the size of a d*ck, the sort of woman that places a significant emphasis on this is probably going to be a pump and dump anyway - an "experienced" girl tell, if ever there was one. Once again, it's only going to be an issue if there's something weird going on, like if you have a chode or a needled*ck.

Edited by Jabron1
I'm 5 foot 9, and have literally never had any issue. It's not something I ever think about.

Because at 5'9 you are dead on average, so height isn't an issue for you.

thefooloftheyear

I'm 5'6" and never had any problem...(shrug)....I had a 5'1!" gf years ago...

Its been my experience when it comes down to stuff like this women will say one thing......then do the opposite.....

Men are measured by success and confidence.....not a yardstick....

TFY

Yeah, I know it's average. But, the way you hear women talk, you'd think that anyone under 6 foot will automatically be off their F-list, as though it's some big deal. Same thing with stuff like 'flowers' or whatever.

Yeah, I know it's average. But, the way you hear women talk, you'd think that anyone under 6 foot will automatically be off their F-list, as though it's some big deal. Same thing with stuff like 'flowers' or whatever.

...the way you hear some women talk...

...the way you hear some women talk...

A significant enough amount for the expression to become cliche.

People who have traits that are out with what most consider "normal" and "average" are going to struggle.

So whilst women tend to go for taller men then a guy who is 6'5" plus is going to struggle as is a guy who is less than 5'5".

Its not impossible, but he is only going to be attractive to a niche band of women who are themselves not of an average height or to women who do not really care about the height of their men.

He will be considered not so attractive to the average crowd who will tend to see his height as too tall or too short.

I tend to agree w/elaine in general. It's not that being tall is a bonus exactly, it's that being in the common/normal range will yield the most attention from similarly common/normal ppl (which is where the population bunches up so numbers are on your side), and the further from it you are the more difficulty you'll have. Same is true for women really - a 6'2 woman will have more challenges than a 5'5 one, same with a 4'9 and so on.

• Like 2

I'm 5'5 and 117 lbs and my size will be unattractive to a lot of women and that's fine, I don't mind because I am not interested in attracting women, I just want to attract and keep one woman. If you don't make your height an issue, it won't become an issue. I know I'm short and skinny, but I am happy and secure in myself and that shines through and helps me attract a some women.

Reality.Check
No its called variation. I also said that 80-90% of women wouldn't be interested not 100%. Seriously, people really need to understand Darwin Ian evolution before they post with reference to it.

Who is this Darwin Ian guy?

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Author

I swear to god, it seems like all the girls I know are into tall well-built masculine guys. I'm 21 and it seems like all of the girls who are my age or a little younger want men who look like they're 25 to 30 and also big. Even the girls who are short and cute, many of them want their men to tower over them.

And let's put it this way, i'm quite the opposite of big or tall. In fact, i'm shorter and smaller than the majority of women. I'm like Steve Rodger before he became Captain America. Well i'm not as skinny as Steve Rodgers, but i'm pretty short and a little bit underweight.

If I were born a woman, i'd be considered hot. But the fact that I was born a man and i'm so short and small, i'm like a shunned outcast with women. Not to mention i'm also pretty shy and being inexperienced with women is also a turn off.

Edited by Dark Horse
normal person
I swear to god, it seems like all the girls I know are into tall well-built masculine guys. I'm 21 and it seems like all of the girls who are my age or a little younger want men who look like they're 25 to 30 and also big. Even the girls who are short and cute, many of them want their men to tower over them.

Biology and Darwinism. Women are attracted to men who they think will be able to protect and provide for them. That's why women like strong, confident, providers and not short, passive, weak, ineffectual men.

And let's put it this way, i'm quite the opposite of big or tall. In fact, i'm shorter and smaller than the majority of women.

Sorry? I'm not sure what your point is. You've got to play the hand you're dealt. If you're not strong, be smart. If you can figure out how to adequately provide something of value to a women (be it money, entertainment, intrigue, humor, or some combination of those things and other things) then your height will be less of a problem.

If I were born a woman, i'd be considered hot. But the fact that I was born a man and i'm so short and small, i'm like a shunned outcast with women. Not to mention i'm also pretty shy and being inexperienced with women is also a turn off.

So you're not tall. It isn't the end of the world. Control what you can control. Work on what you can work on. I would also suggest not being shy. It's very much within your control.

• Like 1
RecentChange

Why do guys want tiny, thin, feminine women?

Why don't they like tall, muscular, broad women?

Because tall and muscular are masculine traits. And smaller and refined are feminine traits. Look at the animal kingdom. Males tend to be larger, more muscular ans agressive. They compete with each other for the females which are smaller lighter build, and not as agessive.

Hey, tall women complain about men wanting short women. Heavy women complain about men wanting petite women.

I am not exceedingly tall, but I am 5'6", muscular, solidly built with broad shoulders.

I am never going to be a little petite thing. Ain't happening.

And I want my men to be larger, and more masculine than i am, so that I don't feel like the masculine one!

Do you want a women who is larger, stronger, and more masculine than you are? Or would you prefer someone your build or smaller?

Edited by RecentChange
  • Like 6
  • Author

Do you want a women who is larger, stronger, and more masculine than you are? Or would you prefer someone your build or smaller?

I woudn't mind to be honest. It really doesn't take a lot to be stronger than me, then again because i'm so light it would make sense that I woudn't be able to generate as much strength since most grown men out-weigh me by 50-80 pounds.

I actually like tall girls with cute faces. It doesn't matter to me what height you are, if you have a cute face then I will probably like you. But I will admit I tend to be attracted to short and petite girls around my height with cute faces.

There's this one girl at work and I think she has gorgeous eyes and she's probably at least 6 inches taller but I don't care, i'm going to ask her out anyways. If she says no, i'll be leaving to a different state anyways in about a month.

Edited by Dark Horse

Big, buff guys are attractive. Strength is attractive, and that is the physical embodiment of strength.

But lots of women also go for the skinny rock star, so...???

Confidence. Channel your inner Jagger. You'll be fine.

• Like 1
BronzeAgeJaeger217

For me the main thing I hate about women is how they have to be attracted to guys that are leaders or just guys that that take the lead or guys that have good leadership skills, never understood why they instinctively and innately look for leadership in men

major_merrick
But lots of women also go for the skinny rock star, so...???

Confidence. Channel your inner Jagger. You'll be fine.

This. I'm a lesbian. I still fell for a friend of mine. He wasn't tall or buff - he was actually about average height and skinny-to-average. It was his attitude. Not cocky, just confident. He's not aggressive, but he also doesn't take crap from anybody. He's not really very strong, but he can out-think most men in the room and isn't ashamed of it. He's had good looking girlfriends one after another, and is now married to TWO adorable wives.

Mostly, I guess what I'm getting at is this - if you're a man, be a man. Act the part, be confident, but do it with moderation and class. You'll become popular if you put yourself out there. If you're a woman, be a woman. Unless you're a sexy tomboy, in which case, be the best you that you can be.

BronzeAgeJaeger217
You guys really need to get over the fact that you weren't born with the same genetics as some of those other guys. Really, now. Grown men do not sit around and complain that they aren't strong and buff, they hit the gym and become strong and buff.

Women like men, period. Whatever you are, be it short, tall, thin, buff, own it. Instead of sitting around complaining about what you cannot have, go out and be the best man you can be. Women will respect you for it.

How come a guy shouldn't resent women for being attracted to masculine, dominant, take-charge guys? How come it doesn't make women bad women for being attracted to those types of guys?