What do woman in there 40/50s find attractive in men? What gets your attention

Michaelroyale

• Author
Michaelroyale

Thankyou will take all this onboard and remember to use this great advice in future Thank you all once again. ...mike?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Michaelroyale

What are woman in there mid to late 40s and 50s really after now and really want in a new relationship and what are your dreams and goals for the future second time around.?

Depends on what they experienced in the first half of their life.

For me, I married when I was 20 and divorced by 24 when I found my husband having sex with other men (yes, plural).

The subsequent 25 years were a series of long- and short-term relationship that never produced children, stability, or marriage. I had basically given up on marriage when I met a guy when I was 48 (who had already had three marriages himself) and both of us dismissed the concept of marriage but somehow it felt right.

What we wanted in our relationship was someone who would be free of the drama and angst of previous relationships, companionship along the lines to have someone to share similar interests (for us, it is musical performances, theater, the arts, and historical lectures as well as travel, flying, and reading).

He wasn't expecting someone to help raise his pre-teen kids and I wasn't expecting to want to help raise his kids, but we all got along better than expected so that is now a focus until they go off to college (only a few more years).

We are looking at a retirement that will include living for extended periods of time in foreign countries and learning about those places we are hoping to live.

• Like 1

I own a house, have a career and money so I wouldn't be looking to "build a future" with someone. If I was single today it would be looking for some nice young 30 to 35 year old that's looking to have some fun ;)

• Like 1

Same for me. I own my own future, not looking to mess that up by building something with anyone else. So for me, strictly independent lifestyle situations. No cohabitation, no kids, no marriage. I'm fairly comfortable single so he needs to bring some vitality and fun to the table. I've looked after my health he needs to have similar body shape\health\appearance and a flexible outlook on life. Emotional maturity is a must, anyone still looking for their mom (or an aged care nurse) needs to keep looking. :laugh:

Ideal age group for me is 30 & up. But I tend to find men in early 30's closer to my requirements in terms of health\lifestyle\vitality etc. I'm not against someone based on age but it's really hard to find a 40 something who isn't completely clapped out in the health stakes.

Edited by Buddhist
  • Like 2

Married 15 years followed by 10 years single.

I was (using past tense cause I found him) looking for a man with no drama, no hang-ups, easy-going, enjoys life, knows how to laugh. The only thing I am looking to build with him is a strong fulfilling loving relationship, the rest I've already built for myself.

Moderator note: We've merged a few threads on similar topics. The latest post is quoted below. ~6

What are woman in there mid to late 40s and 50s really after now and really want in a new relationship and what are your dreams and goals for the future second time around.?
  • Author
Michaelroyale

Thankyou for your replys that's very interesting reading from you all.

Take care

Michael