So humiliated over begging texts

Rachel39

yes i guess if i thought he was having a hard time it might take the edge off knowing that he most likely isn't is when i start feel worthless.

I think it's time you stopped thinking or worrying about what he's doing/not doing, feeling/not feeling.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I thought I'd just check in and give an update on how things are for me 7 months on.

As you all know I have had such a hard time with this breakup and had some great advice and somewhere to come to talk when I've been at my lowest

So now at 7 months I've come to a place where I'm ok, I no longer want to be with him. I'm now getting over him I don't think about him day and night like I have done up until just last week. When he does cross my mind it's from a place of thinking That he wasn't right for me !

So in between this I've managed to pass my course, I have a part time job, I am going to mindful meditations every other week .... I have a therapist who I have just managed to see once a week and I have just found a life coach who I must say with just one session helped so much. She was fantastic and will be going to see her every two weeks to go through my past and then focus on my future goals etc

I have finally deleted all our pictures it was extremely hard especially with children on them it just didn't seem right but after 7 months I feel it needed to be done and I feel if been respectful in doing so and in taking my time as they meant so much to me.

I sent him a text a while back to say that I wanted to make peace with all this that I loved him and accepted the relationship is over and gone, that he had a massive part in my life and I hope at some point in the future we could be at a place where we can communicate on friendly terms.

I didn't get a reply, I knew I wouldn't. I guess it was my closure for my self and I truly want that piece and I now feel I'm in a place that I have it.

I have no interest in dating anyone else and I'm concentrating on my son my education and my career and travelling....

I could possibly have days where I slip again who knows but I'm taking each day for what it is and not thinks no anout the next.

I can say I don't talk about him to people or want the discuss the relationship I had and try to figure out what went wrong... I'm no longer heartbroken or sad ....

For the first time in such a long time my moods and personality is stable and that's peace in itself ☺️

• Like 5
Weathersf1

Great job. 7 months for me too and I feel a bit better but no where I need to be. Taking it a day at a time. Some days are better than others but overall the direction is positive so that's a good sign.

I often wonder how different life used to be and could have been but it's a pointless exercise. I read a quote by Winston Churchill " if you're going through hell, keep going". That about sums it up.

Come a long way but still a long way to go.

• Author

It's not easy.... At all ! I guess it really does take time amongst trying to do other things to help along the way.

If I had the life I had before I met him I would be so depressed, it's studying changing my career that has helped me see some positivity and a goal....

Some people say you lived before him you will be fine, before he came along my life was a mess so no way would I want o go back to that now !!

Just have to keep meditating... Pershing my goals and having positive people around me !! I don't speak to any of my friends or family about it and never really have .... !!

Hope your doing things to help you move forward

• Like 2
If I had the life I had before I met him I would be so depressed, it's studying changing my career that has helped me see some positivity and a goal...

If I have learned anything, we don't know where our lives will be from one day to the next. I thought my life was going to turn out a certain way with my ex. And now, here I am, back in school getting my masters like you and looking to move on to a different job in my field. I would never have dreamed of taking this road a few years ago, but I'm really glad I am where I am. You're doing all the right things. Creating a new life is so important.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
  • Author

I always promised myself that at some point I would come back here and update.

I took some time out to work on myself and my issues! Iv had a course of cbt which I didn't think was helping but near the end, something just clicked.

I decided to heal myself and not date anyone until I was in a good place mentally and emotionally. My priorities changed and iv worked on my education. Iv meditated a lot :), iv taken days out on my own to the beach, cinema, road trips, sound baths, I believed I needed to feed my soul! it has helped me so much

Removing facebook from my life has been one of the best things I have ever done and I have no intentions going back on.

I have now met someone, we have been together 8 months :) we just work so well together and it's just super easy with him!

I have learnt so much from that breakup, about myself, why I found myself in the same situations why I dated the same types of men. (unavailable) They were all my issues and id of never dealt with them had we of not split up, I was so unhappy even whilst with him, I was always looking for someone to fix me. I decided to fix myself and it's been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done for myself.

I finally have some peace in my life, in my head and heart and that is the most wonderful thing.

To be able to come here and post continuously without been judged when I was heartbroken and been given advice from others in similar situations was amazing to have and I am truly grateful.

I am living proof that we heal and move on

• Like 9

Thank you for updating your thread. I am a new member within the past month so wasn't familiar with your story, but it's nice to hear that everything worked out in your life.

I really am glad that you found some happiness dear. We have all been there with the beggning texts and "crazy behavior".

I hope someday I can find the same happiness you have found with another person.

wishyouneverleft
I always promised myself that at some point I would come back here and update.

I took some time out to work on myself and my issues! Iv had a course of cbt which I didn't think was helping but near the end, something just clicked.

I decided to heal myself and not date anyone until I was in a good place mentally and emotionally. My priorities changed and iv worked on my education. Iv meditated a lot :), iv taken days out on my own to the beach, cinema, road trips, sound baths, I believed I needed to feed my soul! it has helped me so much

Removing facebook from my life has been one of the best things I have ever done and I have no intentions going back on.

I have now met someone, we have been together 8 months :) we just work so well together and it's just super easy with him!

I have learnt so much from that breakup, about myself, why I found myself in the same situations why I dated the same types of men. (unavailable) They were all my issues and id of never dealt with them had we of not split up, I was so unhappy even whilst with him, I was always looking for someone to fix me. I decided to fix myself and it's been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done for myself.

I finally have some peace in my life, in my head and heart and that is the most wonderful thing.

To be able to come here and post continuously without been judged when I was heartbroken and been given advice from others in similar situations was amazing to have and I am truly grateful.

I am living proof that we heal and move on

That is such a great story. I too agree that we too have some fault in the people we choose and are drawn too. We can't put it all on the partner. I truly wish you the best. Please update us when he proposes :)

This site is great and it does help.