Smoking weed in dating

fitnessfan365

Haha.. Yes you are seriously wrong in that case. ;)

But in general, people aren't always going to agree 100% of the time. So disagreements do happen in relationships. This doesn't automatically equal a red flag or lack of compatibility IMO. A red flag for me would be the inability to communicate and resolve things quickly. My GF and I don't always agree, but we always talk about it and put it behind us.

In terms of major arguments - There was the one time when we were in Chicago when she fell and didn't want me to help her up. She had just broken her ankle and was in a state of shock more than anything else. Then this time around which I mentioned here. It's her time of the month and we had just finished a really brutal hour workout on the track. So exhaustion and hormones = a shorter fuse. But a few hours later she called me to apologize, we had a good conversation about it, and now it's settled. There's honestly been 10x more drama people have been trying to stir in the thread..LOL

Okay. Thanks for clarifying ...I completely respect that.

But then back to an earlier question ....if you've talked about it and resolved ...why this thread?

That's what a bit confusing.

That was a rhetorical question, no need to answer really...

Wish you the best FF!

• Author
fitnessfan365
Okay. Thanks for clarifying ...I completely respect that.

But then back to an earlier question ....if you've talked about it and resolved ...why this thread?

That's what a bit confusing.

That was a rhetorical question, no need to answer really...

Wish you the best FF!

Well so I can satisfy curiosity, I created the thread literally after I got home from the track. Then we talked about it later, and it was settled that same day. So I didn't really feel the need to keep coming on and repeating myself over and over and over. I do appreciate you trying to keep the thread on track/subject though. People on LS do have a tendency to go off on subjects in threads. I remember that thread I made a long time ago about how women dress on dates. At least 30x I was trying to get the thread back to the topic it was created for..LOL

But yeah my life has been WAY busier than it used be. A long term relationship, independent clients in the AM, gym training nights, plus my own workouts, etc.. Since it's Sat, I finally have a few hours to actually come on and post a bit. However, then I have a workout later and my GF and me have a date night. ;)

Well so I can satisfy curiosity, I created the thread literally after I got home from the track. Then we talked about it later, and it was settled that same day.

So you're just gonna let us hang and not tell us how it got settled? It's nice to know the conclusion after investing our time in a thread.

• Like 2

In terms of major arguments - There was the one time when we were in Chicago when she fell and didn't want me to help her up. She had just broken her ankle and was in a state of shock more than anything else. Then this time around which I mentioned here. It's her time of the month and we had just finished a really brutal hour workout on the track. So exhaustion and hormones = a shorter fuse. But a few hours later she called me to apologize, we had a good conversation about it, and now it's settled. There's honestly been 10x more drama people have been trying to stir in the thread..LOL

I remember that thread. So it resolved between yourselves, as this issue has, without any need for help?

Maybe you'd find you don't need to post these issues here at all if you just give it a day or two and give yourselves a chance to work it out.

• Like 2
  • Author
fitnessfan365
So you're just gonna let us hang and not tell us how it got settled? It's nice to know the conclusion after investing our time in a thread.

Isn't that exactly what I did though? I came on here today and posted the update that it was settled. I know that I used to be able to come on here every day back when I was only working 15-20 hours independently. But now that I am doing early mornings starting at 6am, in addition to working as a staff trainer in a gym until 11pm and time with my GF, my own workouts, time with friends and family, etc.. I just don't come on the forums that much anymore.

Since it's Sat, I finally had some free time to come on. Also, one of my main objectives with the thread originally was just to see if weed had ever become an issue in anyone else's dating life. But the majority of the people that posted turned it around on me saying I was trying to "change her", etc.. Since I'd already clarified myself multiple times and Katie was the only one seeing what I was saying, I didn't feel like repeating myself over and over. That's why I wasn't surprised when I saw that one of the moderator's came into the thread steering it back on topic.

Edited by fitnessfan365

FF come on, you had plenty of opportunity to post the update before today. You were back on here many times after you originally posted, defending your position that you are not trying to change her.

Why didn't you tell us then you had talked and worked it out? Why let us go and on?

Not to mention.....it appears you only posted the update in response to my assertion that you may be co-dependent, and that she calls the shots outside the bedroom.

Don't mean to give you a hard time, but come on now.

Isn't that exactly what I did though? I came on here today and posted the update that it was settled. I know that I used to be able to come on here every day back when I was only working 15-20 hours independently. But now that I am doing early mornings starting at 6am, in addition to working as a staff trainer in a gym until 11pm and time with my GF, my own workouts, time with friends and family, etc.. I just don't come on the forums that much anymore.

Since it's Sat, I finally had some free time to come on. Also, one of my main objectives with the thread originally was just to see if weed had ever become an issue in anyone else's dating life. But the majority of the people that posted turned it around on me saying I was trying to "change her", etc.. Since I'd already clarified myself multiple times and Katie was the only one seeing what I was saying, I didn't feel like repeating myself over and over. That's why I wasn't surprised when I saw that one of the moderator's came into the thread steering it back on topic.

No dude. Gaeta wants to know what conclusion you and your GF came to—did she agree to be more mindful of her weed habits or not?

• Author
fitnessfan365
FF come on, you had plenty of opportunity to post the update before today. You were back on here many times after you originally posted, defending your position that you are not trying to change her.

Why didn't you tell us then you had talked and worked it out? Why let us go and on?

Not to mention.....it appears you only posted the update in response to my assertion that you may be co-dependent, and that she calls the shots outside the bedroom.

Don't mean to give you a hard time, but come on now.

Well I wouldn't say it was "many times". It was a handful in succession on the day of, and a few the next day because people were getting the wrong impression of my GF. However, since everyone continued to veer the thread off topic on me, I figured that repeating myself over and over wouldn't do any good. Plus, I was EXTREMELY busy the last few days.

After the moderator stepped in and the thread seemed to die down a bit, I wanted to come on today when I had some time to let people know that it had been settled.

BTW - Isn't a "co-dependent" typically someone that is completely attached to someone else? It seems like someone that encourages their sig O to spend time with friends, doesn't see them every day, etc is the exact opposite of co-dependent..LOL

No dude. Gaeta wants to know what conclusion you and your GF came to—did she agree to be more mindful of her weed habits or not?

The main reason why my GF got upset is she felt like I was judging her for smoking weed. But once we talked, she was able to understand that it wasn't the weed in general. Just the timing in regards to when we get together. So now she's agreed that if she plans to smoke with friends on a day we're getting together that she'll leave more time in between. Or if on rare occasions where she has to see me right after, she won't smoke.

Edited by fitnessfan365

Wikipedia -- Co-dependent relationships are a type of dysfunctional *helping* relationship wherein one person supports or enables their partner's addiction, poor mental health, immaturity, irresponsibility or under-achievement.

Your call whether you are or not.

• Like 1