Dating a (much) younger girl

yxalitis

Justanaverageguy
Nope...you've got that wrong...I'm not saying this is the perfect next relationship, but your analysis doesn't marry up...

If she wanted me to break up, she would have by now...he's overseas, breaking up would be as simple as saying..."I'm breaking up with you"

She has told me she insists on going off with him...

Give it time I've seen plenty of girls do similar .... This type of age gap is often initiated this way. This type can't break attachment bonds formed with a partner or be on their own so instead they start a new relationship often with male who they wouldn't usually date who was willing to cheat with them. She builds a new attachment bond which makes it easier to end the old relationship. Sometimes this takes a while and they oscillate back and forth between the partners for a while until they end it. Then they usually realize they didn't really properly consider who they were getting into a relationship with and are now stuck with a 40+ guy they can't introduce to their friends or take to party's. All fun and games behind closed door...... And the process starts again

Trust me you want to avoid this messy drama.

• Author
Give it time I've seen plenty of girls do similar .... This type of age gap is often initiated this way. This type can't break attachment bonds formed with a partner or be on their own so instead they start a new relationship often with male who they wouldn't usually date who was willing to cheat with them. She builds a new attachment bond which makes it easier to end the old relationship. Sometimes this takes a while and they oscillate back and forth between the partners for a while until they end it. Then they usually realize they didn't really properly consider who they were getting into a relationship with and are now stuck with a 40+ guy they can't introduce to their friends or take to party's. All fun and games behind closed door...... And the process starts again

Trust me you want to avoid this messy drama.

Yeah, and if it lass 3 months...so what?

I'm really not sure why people are jumping up and down...IF what you say is true, then I have a beautiful young sexy girlfriend for a while.

And she can introduce me to friends, family, etc...why on Earth not?

"Can't take to a party" what rubbish!

Justanaverageguy

I'm really not sure why people are jumping up and down...IF what you say is true, then I have a beautiful young sexy girlfriend for a while.

Hey if it works for you then no problem - but reality is you've got a young 24 year old girl who is cheating on her current boyfriend could be a complete mess at the end of those 3 months. So do you really like who she is .... or do you like what she is ?

Not having a go - honest and legit question about what your getting yourself into. Saw something similar with a good friend last year who ran off with her university professor and it did not end well.

Edited by Justanaverageguy
Tread Carefully

My daughter just turned 19. I found out she is dating a 30yo man. It takes all the strength inside of me to not pay a visit to him and pound his as$ into the ground.

Do you know how her family would react? Might want to find out.

• Like 3
  • Author
Hey if it works for you then no problem - but reality is you've got a young 24 year old girl who is cheating on her current boyfriend could be a complete mess at the end of those 3 months. So do you really like who she is .... or do you like what she is ?

Not having a go - honest and legit question about what your getting yourself into. Saw something similar with a good friend last year who ran off with her university professor and it did not end well.

I mentioned already...I do like WHO she is...

Then why worry about "why you"? It's probably just a fling for her, esp since she plans to stay with her bf. Likely she isn't too picky about her flings, esp if she's had a lot of partners. Don't put more thought into it than she does.

• Like 2
Saw something similar with a good friend last year who ran off with her university professor and it did not end well.

Sometimes what it is can be worth the chance of a bad ending. People the same age get into relationships that end badly all the time, no one blames that on them being of similar age.

• Like 1

I think that many of us old single farts have been down the "But (s)he's a really mature 24 year old!" road. I say do it and let it play out and see what happens. For me, it failed.

• Author
My daughter just turned 19. I found out she is dating a 30yo man. It takes all the strength inside of me to not pay a visit to him and pound his as$ into the ground.

19 is not 24...

But even so man, she's an adult, she'll discover son enough if its a good relationship, maybe you'll be at her wedding to this man in 5 years.

My gf's family won't react as badly as you did, Asian culture is more supportive of older-man relationships.

I think that many of us old single farts have been down the "But (s)he's a really mature 24 year old!" road. I say do it and let it play out and see what happens. For me, it failed.

Have you been with people your own age? Did those fail?

• Like 2
  • Author

Exactly, it's not like being closer in age is an automatic success story...!

I remember you from your previous thread where you had a trip in HK and fell in love with a much younger Philippine maid there?

Now this time is a much younger Asian girl who wax? I see a trend ...

Well I really don't think age is the only problem here. Frankly I don't think any of those girls were genuine. Feels like they just want some sex or possible some green card. I know you are going to say they are much more than that but I really doubt it

• Like 2
Frankly I don't think any of those girls were genuine. Feels like they just want some sex ....

Oh the horror.

Thank god you can warn him! That would be terrible.

• Like 2

Yes, but the object of dating and having relationships for me is to continue to calibrate if and once they fail, and in that instance I learned that the age difference was the contributing factor to the failure. In other instances with men closer to my age, it was for other reasons, to which I also calibrated.

And again, I'd like to point out, that I did say that it's an experience that the OP needs to have on his own and see what happens. It's not something you should take others advice for. Not even sure why he asked...

I'd be careful, OP. I had a friend date one of these committed foreign girls and long story short, he woke up missing a kidney in bathtub full of ice with a note that said "call 911!"

YMMV ;)

• Like 3

Wait a sec, OP's girlfriend is 24. Big difference.

I do agree that a 30 year old guy shouldn't be dating a teenager. I think a guy 24 shouldn't be dating a teenager.

Look in the mirror, Dad. Maybe someone should kick your ass for allowing your daughter to be with a guy that age.

I do agree that a 30 year old guy shouldn't be dating a teenager. I think a guy 24 shouldn't be dating a teenager.

Look in the mirror, Dad. Maybe someone should kick your ass for allowing your daughter to be with a guy that age.

Really? A college senior dating a college sophomore deserves an ass kicking now? I think a 5 difference is a lot less creepy than a 25 year one.

• Like 2
Yes, but the object of dating and having relationships for me is to continue to calibrate if and once they fail ...

Now, define fail.

Tread Carefully

Yes, there is a difference between 19 and 24. I still have the right to be upset about the choices my daughter is making. She is also an adult therefore I can't stop her from dating whom she wants. All I can do is sit back and help her when and if it blows up.

And btw, I'm the Mom.

I think it is more gross that you knowingly have been fooling around with someone who you knew was in a relationship than the age gap. It tells a lot about the kind of person you are.

• Like 6
Yes, there is a difference between 19 and 24. I still have the right to be upset about the choices my daughter is making. She is also an adult therefore I can't stop her from dating whom she wants. All I can do is sit back and help her when and if it blows up.

And btw, I'm the Mom.

Sorry, Mom. I though you were Dad by the language you used.

I agree with you that it's wrong for your 19 year old to be dating a 30 year old. I'm just baffled you're not doing more to stop her from seeing him.

Really? A college senior dating a college sophomore deserves an ass kicking now? I think a 5 difference is a lot less creepy than a 25 year one.

Where did I say a college senior dating a college sophomore is wrong?

Sorry, but that's a patriarchal attitude. What did the guy do wrong? All he did was ask. It was your daughter who said yes. Maybe you should pound her as$ into the ground?

But wait, who failed to teach her to say no to men older than her by a certain number of years? Find that guy and kick his as$ into the ground! He's the one who failed. :)

Tread Carefully
Sorry, Mom. I though you were Dad by the language you used.

I agree with you that it's wrong for your 19 year old to be dating a 30 year old. I'm just baffled you're not doing more to stop her from seeing him.

I'm glad you agree, thank you. She lives on her own. I've had lots of talks with her. This is her first real boyfriend. I really don't know what else to do. To her I'm just an over protective Mom and she's 19 and knows everything.