Rape culture.

sambolini

Rejected Rosebud
Rape culture lol

RAINN, the Anti-Sexual-Violence Organization, Rejects 'Rape Culture' Hysteria[

A Quote from the article that women like you should think about.

Somebody already posted that link. You might want to read this thread.

By blaming so-called rape culture, we implicate all men in a social atrocity, trivialize the experiences of survivors, and deflect blame from the rapists truly responsible for sexual violence.

That's untrue. It's not about "blame." It's about a cultural more that we have that needs to go away, where women will be told "get a gun, learn kung fu, don't wear that outfit, don't go to a party, don't drink, don't go out unchaperoned, if you don't want to be raped.

Actually, women should be just as SAFE to wear whatever we want, go to parties and get drunk, etc. as men are. We need to NOT be facing extra risks because we are female people.

Since you didn't read this whole thread, I will repost this Roosh quote. As long as men pay money to participate in seminars with a person who espouses beliefs like this, we DO have a rape culture.

I thought about this problem and am sure I have the solution: make rape legal if done on private property. I propose that we make the violent taking of a woman not punishable by law when done off public grounds.

The exception for public rape is aimed at those seedy and deranged men who randomly select their rape victims on alleys and jogging trails, but not as a mechanism to prevent those rapes, since the verdict is still out if punishment stops a committed criminal mind, but to have a way to keep them off the streets. For all other rapes, however, especially if done in a dwelling or on private property, any and all rape that happens should be completely legal.

If rape becomes legal under my proposal, a girl will protect her body in the same manner that she protects her purse and smartphone. If rape becomes legal, a girl will not enter an impaired state of mind where she can’t resist being dragged off to a bedroom with a man who she is unsure of—she’ll scream, yell, or kick at his attempt while bystanders are still around. If rape becomes legal, she will never be unchaperoned with a man she doesn’t want to sleep with. After several months of advertising this law throughout the land, rape would be virtually eliminated on the first day it is applied.

Without daddy government to protect her, a girl would absolutely not enter a private room with a man she doesn’t know or trust unless she is absolutely sure she is ready to sleep with him. Consent is now achieved when she passes underneath the

Rejected Rosebud
In addition, your post completely minimizes the fact that innocent men are being killed. As in, deprived of life.

This thread has NOTHING to do with men's risk of getting killed. We were talking about feminism in dating, and then one of you anti-feminist and evident rape deniers posted in outrage about the so-called "feminist" consent law in California.

THAT IS WHY WE ARE ON THE SUBJECT OF RAPE AND RAPE CULTURE NOW.

If you want to talk about men's risks of getting killed why don't you start a special thread about it?

Rejected Rosebud
That's because you're a reasonable person.

However, it's what the law says that really matters. You may not treat all men as rapists, but there is room in the law for that happen based on how it's currently worded.

All it takes is an allegation. No proof, no evidence, just an allegation.

A collective argument had to have been made by a substantial group of people in order to make that happen. It doesn't take much brain power to conclude which group it could have been.

The group of people who want to eliminate non-consensual sex from our society?? :confused::confused: Obviously not a group you are a part of.

Rejected Rosebud
Some of us have had the issue pounded home in other profound ways. My daughter was date-raped, but didn't report it. Didn't even tell us for months. He may or may not be off the hook. There's still a possibility that he'll wind up as feral hog feed.

I'm sick to hear that. :sick::sick: So sorry.

If you're not sexually assaulting women, you got nothing to worry about.
Yep. And I am concerned about the extreme amount of worry and denial about the common problem of rape that I'm reading about right here. :(
  • Like 1
Rejected Rosebud
Rape culture. Completely made up. The people committing rapes know what they are. Whether or not they admit it is another story. Like Sam, I grew up in a real horrible neighborhood. All of the kids were delinquents, including me. Pretty much all of the adults were drug addicts, on welfare, and had spent some time in jail for something. Even so, every single one of us knew not to rape a woman. We knew not to get a girl drunk and take advantage of her. That stuff is common knowledge. The people in here suggesting otherwise have their anti-man agenda, and it is painfully obvious to most of the men here.

So you are accusing all of us who have been sexually assaulted of being liars with an anti-male agenda, do I have that right?

• Like 1
Rejected Rosebud

Read my response to xxoo. A man doesn't have to rape anyone, just make the wrong girl angry.

Oh well then. He's better off just not having sex.

Seriously. Here are many women telling you about their experiences with sexual assault and at least one man telling you about the rape of his daughter, and this is all you got?

I'm dead serious. For a person like yourself, who evidently believes that most, or a gigantic number of reported rape is false accusation (the actual stat is 2% of reported rapes. 40% are NOT reported at all), and that it's outrageous to require clear consent - the best answer for everyone is to refrain from sex entirely.

thefooloftheyear
Oh well then. He's better off just not having sex.

Seriously. Here are many women telling you about their experiences with sexual assault and at least one man telling you about the rape of his daughter, and this is all you got?

I'm dead serious. For a person like yourself, who evidently believes that most, or a gigantic number of reported rape is false accusation (the actual stat is 2% of reported rapes. 40% are NOT reported at all), and that it's outrageous to require clear consent - the best answer for everyone is to refrain from sex entirely.

Don't loop me in with the rest as I would be the last one trivializing, but check your facts...:rolleyes:

There is no "actual" false rape stat...There are rarely if any witnesses, and its a crime that even under ideal conditions can be hard to prove... Even when there is forensics(DNA) involved as all that really proves is that there was sexual activity...Proving it was coerced or taken by force is often just a "he said she said"...

Some reports list the percentage at 25+%....

Not my opinions, just trying to clarify...

TFY

hellohellohello
I don't know what culture you live in, but here no one "trivializes' rape....:rolleyes:

I think I wrote at least one paragraph to show how rape is trivialized (e.g. movies showing from three different eras still being popular despite implying rape, convicted rapists still being respected in their fields and making easy money even though they're convicted rape).

If you can't understand how these things trivialize rape then I can't help you.

• Like 1
hellohellohello
As a man, I simply haven't observed rape culture. If there is a culture of men who trivialize traitsrape, and if it's as prevalent as feminists claim, then I'd imagine at some point in my 36 years of existence I would have encountered a man who belongs to said rape culture. This man would have said something, such as "Let's go rape some ladies" or "I was raping this chick last night", or even "If you want sex, just take it, even if they say no".

At some point, somewhere, I would have encountered another man who has been influenced by this rape culture, and who would have said or done something that indicated he belonged to that culture.

It has not happened once. Yes, I also went to college. And not one single time have I encountered this so-called "culture of rape" among men.

I have not directly observed evidence to support this claim. And you'd think I would have, since feminists claim is very prevalent.

At the end of the day, I cannot accept someone's claim if I haven't observed direct evidence of said claim. It's precisely for that reason why I'm also an atheist.

So I can come to only two possible conclusions: 1) rape culture doesn't exist, or 2) it's not nearly as prevalent as feminists claim.

Maybe you would've been able to observe it if you at least know what you're looking for. The examples you provided make it clear you don't even know what rape culture is. No wonder in the 36 years you've been alive you've managed not to observe something that exists everywhere.

• Like 1
hellohellohello
This thread is about feminism in dating, and it got sidetracked by rape apologists and men who are scared of women actually saying that rape is bad and some men are rapists.

May I add one thing? I think some people are just scared of the idea that rapists aren't limited to a man jumping out of the bushes and attacking an unsuspecting woman or a twisted evil villain who gets off on forcing himself on helpless women in his prison or dungeon or something. I think people feel safe with the idea that people are either good or bad, and "good" people like themselves aren't capable of something like rape.

But when it comes down to it, rape is sex without mutual consent and most people can easily cross the line and become, by definition, rapists. Date rape is a fairly new concept, which means until recently people found it acceptable to have sex with someone who didn't want to just because the other person had expressed romantic interest. Marital rape is also not something that concerns most people, unless one of the spouses is abusive in an obvious way. Female-on-male rape is often dismissed by people who insist that men are ready for sex anytime anyplace.

Maybe it's the kind of images that the word "rape" brings to mind, but as long as people accept the primitive idea of rape as "real" rape, this kind of discussions will only lead to people expressing excessive concerns about false rape allegations and stuff about feminism.

• Like 1
So you are accusing all of us who have been sexually assaulted of being liars with an anti-male agenda, do I have that right?

Yes and no. There are fringe female in that movement that hate men that ruin it for the rest. Im for using common sense. Its simple just dont put yourself in that position. Women need some accountibility for their actions. I remember being in college and a girl did a gangbang and her family found out. It waa consentual but when her family found out she said she was raped. She was sober. All the guys got arrested but one. He ran and i remember seeing posters on campus with his face. They got cleared but it probably ruined them because it was in the paper with their faces shown. I mean anyone with a search engine can find it. They will have that follow them as long as they live. Nothing happened to that girl for lying. I know a good number of guys that had incidents like that happen to them. Right now at a nursing home nearby where i live all the white males got suspended because a female patient with dementia said she was raped. White males from every department were suspended. Over some allegation.

There are fringe female in that movement that hate men that ruin it for the rest. Im for using common sense.

It's not common sense to draw conclusions about many people from the actions of a few.

It's not common sense to draw conclusions about many people from the actions of a few.

Its not so why the talk of rape culture

• Like 1

Reading the discussion about rape culture and coersion. As a woman (or a girl - as I was then) I have been guilty of making sexual contact without consent and also of coersion. On more than one occasion. I'm mortified now when I look back. We're talking about when I was a teen in the 1980's.

My teenage daughter is a passionate 3rd wave feminist and is totally up on issues of consent. But nonetheless, I made sure to teach her about not rushing boys into sex before they are ready. She looks at me like I'm a moron because she sees no gender difference when it comes to consent - but just like all my other sex talks with her, I just want to be sure.

• Like 1
Rejected Rosebud
Im for using common sense. Its simple just dont put yourself in that position. Women need some accountibility for their actions.

Where is the head banging smiley. Congratulations in just speaking on behalf of RAPE CULTURE.

Women HAVE TOTAL accountability for their actions, just like adult men do. Exactly the same.

The whole point is that as long as women have to have a special set of positions than men that we are not supposed to put ourselves in - BECAUSE MEN MIGHT SEXUALLY ASSAULT US IF WE DO - there you have it. Rape culture. There needs to be NO such thing as "simple, just don't put yourself in that position." All men who are in charge of their own behavior (i.e. not insane people) need to not rape women, THAT is the answer. Not "women need to not put themselves in that position."

• Like 1

Yes, curious to know what "that position" means. Women need not get drunk? Women need not wear short dresses? Women need not say "yes" to one thing and say "no" to something else? Women need not arouse a man sexually and then expect him to stop?

Full Definition of culture

1. 1 : cultivation, tillage
  2. 2 : the act of developing the intellectual and moral faculties especially by education
  3. 3 : expert care and training <beauty culture>
  4. 4 a : enlightenment and excellence of taste acquired by intellectual and "]aesthetic training b : acquaintance with and taste in fine arts, humanities, and broad aspects of science as distinguished from vocational and technical skills
  5. 5 a : the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations b : the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group; also : the characteristic features of everyday existence (as diversions or a way of life) shared by people in a place or time <popular culture> <southern culture> c : the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution or organization <a corporate culture focused on the bottom line> d : the set of values, conventions, or social practices associated with a particular field, activity, or societal characteristic <studying the effect of computers on print culture> <changing the culture of materialism will take time — Peggy O'Mara>
  6. 6 : the act or process of cultivating living material (as bacteria or viruses) in prepared nutrient "]media; also : a product of such cultivation

So you mean we as men:

1. Cultivate rape.

2. Develop the capacity to rape

3. Have expert care and training in rape.

I figure there is a class on rape. Maybe a crash course.

4. There is an aesthetically pleasing way to rape. I guess maybe it's with one pinky up.

5. Rape has a set of values, attitudes and practices that get passed on.

6. Rape is cultivated in prepared nutrient media.

I look at a quote like this: Lyndsay Kirkham, a professor at Humber College, claimed two weeks ago that people who do not believe in "rape culture" are not humans. She eventually went on to claim that men arguing that rape culture doesn't exist "ARE RAPE CULTURE" and are only mad because they are "rapey rapists."

What type of argument is that? I believe rape happens just don't buy into the deal of a rape culture. Just some crap to further the divide between men and women. You have this fringe that is so vocal that people follow.

The very fact that women speak of rape culture goes against equality. It in a sense devalues the tragedy of rape because now something simple as a whistle is part of rape culture. Now we will have anything a women or group of women deem as undesirable behavior from men as rape or part of rape culture. A man could even use the argument of rape culture to keep himself from being accountable for actually committing the horrible act of rape. Act meaning unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

Not cat calling, whistling, etc which are not appropriate if unwanted but not rape

Women's group can't accept that 'rape culture' just might not be a thing | Washington Examiner

A very interesting read

Yes, curious to know what "that position" means. Women need not get drunk? Women need not wear short dresses? Women need not say "yes" to one thing and say "no" to something else? Women need not arouse a man sexually and then expect him to stop?

Position well I'll say it like this

1. Be clear with your intentions.

2. If you are going to get drunk be with a group of women and make sure they are some that will look out for each other.

I could go on and on.

Where is the equality if you want to take weakness and put it in the spotlight just for the sole purpose of vilifying men? Is that essentially what feminism is presently? There is no benefit to that all it will do is create a backlash.

Where is the head banging smiley. Congratulations in just speaking on behalf of RAPE CULTURE.

Women HAVE TOTAL accountability for their actions, just like adult men do. Exactly the same.

The whole point is that as long as women have to have a special set of positions than men that we are not supposed to put ourselves in - BECAUSE MEN MIGHT SEXUALLY ASSAULT US IF WE DO - there you have it. Rape culture. There needs to be NO such thing as "simple, just don't put yourself in that position." All men who are in charge of their own behavior (i.e. not insane people) need to not rape women, THAT is the answer. Not "women need to not put themselves in that position."

Here lies the problem with the argument for rape culture. If a man mentions a woman needs to use common sense then he is for rape culture. There is no logic in that. A person gets their house robbed because they left the door wide open and leave for 12 hours. What is the response from people? Well you should have locked your door.

The thing is no matter what you are going to have bad people but the very connotation of a "culture" creates an environment that has the potential of grasping at something simple and calling it rape

Also now on college campuses a guy gets accused and has no rights. He can't defend himself against the accusations. Here is an article talking about that. For Students Accused Of Campus Rape, Legal Victories Win Back Rights : NPR

• Like 1
Here lies the problem with the argument for rape culture. If a man mentions a woman needs to use common sense then he is for rape culture. There is no logic in that. A person gets their house robbed because they left the door wide open and leave for 12 hours. What is the response from people? Well you should have locked your door.

The thing is no matter what you are going to have bad people but the very connotation of a "culture" creates an environment that has the potential of grasping at something simple and calling it rape

Also now on college campuses a guy gets accused and has no rights. He can't defend himself against the accusations. Here is an article talking about that. For Students Accused Of Campus Rape, Legal Victories Win Back Rights : NPR

Yes but, what if you're home with the doors locked and you still get robbed? I get what you're saying but that's kind of a weak analogy, because not every house that gets robbed is wide open and unattended. Just like not every woman who gets rapped is drunk and acting slutty.

• Like 1
Yes but, what if you're home with the doors locked and you still get robbed? I get what you're saying but that's kind of a weak analogy, because not every house that gets robbed is wide open and unattended. Just like not every woman who gets rapped is drunk and acting slutty.

These guys are acting as though women have the same physical freedom to move around in the world as men. It shows how deeply insensitive and unaware they are of women's lives.

• Like 1
These guys are acting as though women have the same physical freedom to move around in the world as men. It shows how deeply insensitive and unaware they are of women's lives.

How is using weakness to avoid accountability equality?

That is what I said after the analogy.

That is what I said after the analogy.

You live in a culture where a woman does not have the same physical safety and freedom walking around in the world as men, because of rape and the threat of rape.