PrettyEmily77
That was me...Sorry.

But my complaints about frozen `Sprouts` Stand.

But seriously i could bang on about my kids all day.

They are still of the age where people break in to conversation with me about them.

My youngest was today sitting in a shopping basket and an old girl asked me which aisle i found her on.

:)

TBH, any topic of conversation on any aisle on a Friday evening after a long day at work will get daggers look from me...

But yeah, totally agree on the frozen sprouts - fresh or nothing, man...

• Like 1
  • Author

LOL. Do you live in Disneyland?

I would love MY kids and love all kids in my family, but totally appreciate a guy who is sarcastic enough to realize other people's kids... are usually not that interesting to talk about 24/7.

Guess I belong to a different part of humanity. I don't mind. I like it this way :rolleyes:

Also, I couldn't care less what guys think about me not being Cinderella and loving all kids and animals in the world. I am sarcastic and like my men sardonic as well.

ALL guys I know love kids...In fact, Ive never, ever, in my entire lifetime heard a guy say the stuff about kids that is being said by some of the female posters on here...The guys I know that do have kids absolutely adore them...

Then again, this is LS....

TFY

• Author

Nah, I definitely don't have a sense of superiority. I am old enough to know what my qualities are, as well as my imperfections. I am extremely self aware in that sense.

If you do say so yourself. :cool:

You may not be perceptive as you think, and your sense of superiority is showing, whether you believe it or not.

• Author

I'm the same. I do absolutely adore my nephews and would do anything for them.

I don't mind colleagues talking about kids once in a while... The problem for me is when that's their only subject.

Strangers? Not interested either.

I have no kids, nor the inclination to have any if I'm honest with myself, but I love to hear my brother talk about my gorgeous little niece and what she's been up to. He's utterly besotted with her which, knowing my big bro, is quite a turn-up for the books.

I really don't mind friends or colleagues talking about their kids - I actually quite enjoy it;you can tell a lot about what kind of people they are by how they describe them.

Complete strangers spilling their parenting woes to total randomers in the frozen food aisle of the supermarket after a long day at work however, that's another story...

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
LOL. Do you live in Disneyland?

I would love MY kids and love all kids in my family, but totally appreciate a guy who is sarcastic enough to realize other people's kids... are usually not that interesting to talk about 24/7.

Guess I belong to a different part of humanity. I don't mind. I like it this way :rolleyes:

Also, I couldn't care less what guys think about me not being Cinderella and loving all kids and animals in the world. I am sarcastic and like my men sardonic as well.

Well good for you, then ....But then a lot of you do rant on about not finding "good men"...Does make one wonder..

I don't think you get it...and I am not saying this about anyone in particular..

Its the attitude where "I dont have/want it, so it totally sucks."....Its pathetic and a huge turnoff..Not only for men, but for anyone..

TFY

Again, that's why I can't relate to people who are S on Myers Briggs. All they talk about are activities, sports... boring. I am in the world of discussing ideas. But people who are not like this discuss activities.

I am more interested in politics than kids pictures.

I guess we are all different.

I'm INFP, but I think it's important not to let these temperament labels box you into a "type" - or to encourage you to adhere to rules such as "I prefer to talk about ideas rather than people...to think in abstract rather than concrete terms" etc. I like discussing politics too...and philosophy, and psychology - which reaches into pretty much every area of life, including topics like children and sport.

So if somebody wants to talk to me about their child or their favourite sport I'll try to shift them towards talking about their child or preferred sport in a way that I'll actually find interesting. Funny anecdotes, or observations about phases their child is going through - sports psychology, how playing in a sport helps them in other areas of life and so on.

I mean nobody wants to hear the mundane details about a baby's daily routine of feeding and nappy/diaper changing unless they're directly involved in that baby's care - or else so starved of human company that they'll listen to any old guff. But the mother's emotions about the baby, or challenges that motherhood is presenting...dealing with competitive mothers, the strain of trying to be a perfect mother who maybe needs to be reminded "you don't have to be perfect" are more interesting and relatable.

I think if you enjoy talking about ideas then you are also interested in people. It's just a question of making the link between the theory of an idea and what it looks like in practice. Human beings and our behaviour is, after all, what many ideas (about psychology, philosophy, sociology, group dynamics etc) look like in practice.

Edited by Taramere
  • Like 1

In talking to others, it's best to at least pretend to be interested in their lives and interests. I agree that some people just go on too much about their kids but most people really don't. When you have kids, they basically run your life so that's probably why they talk about them.

^ Yeah, but you can't let them run your life too. If you're friends or relatives with someone who becomes inconsiderate and thinks you should be happy to make all the same sacrifices for their kids or a workmate is keeping you from your duties, you have to draw a line.

Jeez, I went to Thanksgiving a few years ago to a friend's house whose daughter is fully grown, thinking what could go wrong, and we cooked all morning in case she showed up early and then waited all day trying to keep it warm to see if and when she'd show up. I'd say "Didn't you give her a time????" And she would act like she would have been afraid to do that or put any sort of restriction such as that. I kept bugging her to call her and ask her when she was coming, and she wouldn't because she's so afraid to annoy her. I could understand if her kid was some rebel barely hanging on by her teeth, but her girl isn't about to defect just because she calls a time range for dinner.