"If a guy is interested....he WILL pursue..."

You ask a woman out 9 times today and you have a police record for stalking. It is not like the old days anymore and people need to get that through their heads. Us men have men told time and time again that no means no so stop blaming us for listening.

• Like 1
You ask a woman out 9 times today and you have a police record for stalking. It is not like the old days anymore and people need to get that through their heads. Us men have men told time and time again that no means no so stop blaming us for listening.

Stalking to one woman is persistence/confidence to another

I dont think most women really shouldnt have much say in the matter since very few of them ever do any pursuing. Seriously, what right does someone have telling or judging how a guy should pursue them when way too many women are too insecure to even leave their house without makeup on? Yet she's gonna judge me, thinking her opinion is relative in my world, the realistic world, where I'm not afraid to show the world who I really am, without hiding behind makeup, high heels, hair dye, and clothes that alter my appearance???

Theres many men that will chase a woman because they wont take "no" for an answer. It has nothing to do with confidence. Its borderline stalking, and some women find it attractive for some strange reason.

Jim puts in 70% interest in trying to get a date with Jane, because he doesnt want to seem too overbearing...

Jane takes it that 70% isnt "enough" interest from her point of view, so she waits to see more....

Jim waits to see a reaction back from Jane but doesnt, so he assume she isnt interested...

Both are a product of following the ever popular unwritten game playing rules because its looked down upon to actually f'n communicate and show real interest.

I blame women mostly, because they are the ones that "judge" if a guy shows too much interest, and belittle men for it. On forums and in real life many women talk about losing interest if a guy "tries too hard" or is "always available.

Damned if you do damned if you dont

Disagree 100%

Theres tons of women that play hard to get and they are still interested in the guy. They play hard to get because they think it proves "how much" he is interested.

Woman A wants to see 50% effort from a guy

Woman B wants to see 70% effort from a guy

Woman C wants to see 80% effort from a guy

Each woman has her own personal preference, but they all still have that line where they deem a guy isnt putting in enough effort.....so the same guy can put in the same amount of effort trying to get a date with each woman, but each woman will judge his approach differently depending on what she deems worthy.

Most women love to hold back showing any true interest until a guy does. Women hate hate hate putting themselves out there and then looking like a fool if the feeling isnt mutual. Thats part of the reason they like to be chased, they want to make triple sure the guy is interested, so each woman may have a different number of hoops for a guy to jump through to "prove" to her he's interested.

Wow, such profound insight you have about women! Are you a psychologist? LOL

I personally don't know any women like you describe ...and I have known ALOT of women throughout the years!

Sure there are women who love when a guy *chases* but not because of the reasons you state above. I have never personally known any women like this, but I do know they exist.

Anyway, I am wondering ...how did you come up with all that, did these women tell you all this?

Or, wait, don't tell me ....you read it in some self-help book or some garbage you read off the internet.

Women who insist on playing hard to get for the purpose of being *chased* do it for the ego stroke and attention....and such women are f*cked up ..so my advice would be when you meet such a woman, just avoid her!

And lest you continue to insist you are 100% correct in your thinking (delusions) ...I am a woman ...and like I said, whenever I have been truly interested in a guy, I have never played *hard to get* hoping to be *chased, the women who have responded to this thread, when interested, have never played hard to get hoping to be chased, nor have any other women I have known throughout the years.

In any event, the SMART thing to do is when you meet a woman whom you feel is playing hard to get (for whatever reason!) ... is to just avoid her and move on.

Refuse to play her game, and focus ONLY on emotionally healthy women who know what "give and take" means, who will, at the very least, meet you halfway, and reciprocate... and in many cases, initiate!

Your choice!! If you continue playing their game and become frustrated (and bitter)... that's on YOU!

Edited by katiegrl
  • Like 1
Stalking to one woman is persistence/confidence to another

The difference, again, is if the woman is actively creating more or less distance between you. If she is trying to get away from you, it is stalking. If she is steadily moving toward you through her own action, it is persistence. It sounds like you can not see the difference in the woman's behavior, but most men can see how she lights up when he is near, lingers, giggles, flips her hair, etc etc.

I dont think most women really shouldnt have much say in the matter since very few of them ever do any pursuing. Seriously, what right does someone have telling or judging how a guy should pursue them when way too many women are too insecure to even leave their house without makeup on? Yet she's gonna judge me, thinking her opinion is relative in my world, the realistic world, where I'm not afraid to show the world who I really am, without hiding behind makeup, high heels, hair dye, and clothes that alter my appearance???

Women have every right to judge the men they choose to date or not date.

Men have every right to judge the women they choose to date or not date. It sounds like you judge these women poorly, so why would you pursue them at all???

• Like 1
regine_phalange

Hey, it also works the other way around. My grandma was the one to flirt with my grandpa. They were both entranced with each other. She also told him that they should get married.

My grandpa still sings my grandma's praises (when she isn't listening), he would die for her. As she would die for him.

I'm generous, and want someone generous, who isn't scared of experiencing nice things. Given my personal tendencies, if someone manages to keep me, then it's when he's truly won.

Edited by regine_phalange
  • Like 1
She also told him that they should get married.

I told H that we should get married, too. He never proposed, yet here we are, married with kids :laugh:

• Like 2
BronzeAgeJaeger217

I know our past does not equal the future, it only does if we let it but I sometimes wonder if the way a guy is raised by his parents, family, childhood social experiences, has an impact on his feeling, mindset, towards the gender role that guys have to approach and make the first move, be the initiator/pursuer, etc., or if something is genetically wrong with me

Rejected Rosebud

Jim puts in 70% interest in trying to get a date with Jane, because he doesnt want to seem too overbearing...

Jane takes it that 70% isnt "enough" interest from her point of view, so she waits to see more....

Jim waits to see a reaction back from Jane but doesnt, so he assume she isnt interested...

Both are a product of following the ever popular unwritten game playing rules because its looked down upon to actually f'n communicate and show real interest.

IMO they just weren't meant to be together, since they actually couldn't manage to get together. Jim and Jane both probably went on to find love with a compatible person, unless either or both of them had personal issues which made them unlikely to find a partner. In that case I hope they went on to a counsellor or a life coach or something!!

I blame women mostly, because they are the ones that "judge" if a guy shows too much interest, and belittle men for it
Fine! Blame women and stay single forever because you refuse to look at yourself. Your loss.
  • Like 1
Rejected Rosebud
Nobody on here is blaming men for listening. Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Whine about whine redacted
  • Like 2
Rejected Rosebud

I dont think most women really shouldnt have much say in the matter since very few of them ever do any pursuing.

That's right, ladies! Accept stalkers! In fact, date the first man you encounter when you walk out your door today! And if he doesn't even look at you, approach him anyway!! You shouldn't have any say in the matter! :lmao::lmao:
  • Like 2
That's right, ladies! Accept stalkers! In fact, date the first man you encounter when you walk out your door today! And if he doesn't even look at you, approach him anyway!! You shouldn't have any say in the matter! :lmao::lmao:

Funny!

Serious question:

If women shouldn't a say in who they date, who should? :confused:

Rejected Rosebud

Serious question:

If women shouldn't a say in who they date, who should? :confused:

Especially since women are not supposed to wait for a man to show interest in them.