Could I be pregnant

premedlife

My shock at the OP being Pre-Med is that most people who are training to become doctors would know/should know that when one has a medical question, they SEEK OUT A DOCTOR and not go looking on a relationship chat site for a medical opinion.

That is what blows my mind.

Not to harp on this topic, but OP is PRE-med. PRE, as in, has not yet started the MED part of MED school. She knows as much (or less) than the rest of us regarding medical protocol.

Besides, fear of the unknown and wanting quick reassurance is a universal phenomenon.

• Like 2
Yes, I understand, I just think that her username, or educational status, is irrelevant to the topic at hand. She's also quite young. If anything, this speaks to the dismal lack of sex ed in this country.

Hopefully an unwanted, unplanned pregnancy (or threat of one) will be kick in the rear end enough.

Btw, Red I'm not picking on you. I quoted you, but was speaking to the several examples in this thread of people ragging on her b/c of the assumption that her premed status should make her more educated on the subject, that's all.

Yes, I understand LA. All good here :) It doesn't matter if she's premed or not, if she is old enough to have sex, she is old enough to suffer the consequences and learn from the experiences -- or not. If she is young, now is the time for her to get a grip and a dose of reality from us.

I don't agree that there is a lack of sex ed here, though. They are addressing it at the kindergarten level in some states. I had sex ed way back in nineteen hundred and blah, blah, blah :)

• Like 2
I don't agree that there is a lack of sex ed here, though. They are addressing it at the kindergarten level in some states. I had sex ed way back in nineteen hundred and blah, blah, blah :)

This is off-topic, but I really think it depends on where you grow up and go to school. Just because schools address sex ed early doesn't mean it's particularly comprehensive, or accurate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/20/magazine/teaching-good-sex.html?_r=0

Moderation's suggestion is to cease and desist from off-topic characterizations of the thread starter, their educational level, life experience, etc, etc, as that is personal, and address the topic. Thread starter, if not for someone putting links into a post that got moderated, I'd never have seen this. My apologies! Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Author
My shock at the OP being Pre-Med is that most people who are training to become doctors would know/should know that when one has a medical question, they SEEK OUT A DOCTOR and not go looking on a relationship chat site for a medical opinion.

That is what blows my mind.

That shouldn't blow your might. Everyone worries about some issue regardless of how large or small. Going to doctor still requires some wait and I simply wanted some good opinion fr people have had similar experience or more knowledge than I do. I did not come on here to be disrespectedand made fun of by my lack of knowledge, educational level or previous post.

• Like 1
  • Author
Not to harp on this topic, but OP is PRE-med. PRE, as in, has not yet started the MED part of MED school. She knows as much (or less) than the rest of us regarding medical protocol.

Besides, fear of the unknown and wanting quick reassurance is a universal phenomenon.

Thank you. These people act like their lives are so perfect. The nerves to be harsh and judge someone. Everyone got issues. If not some yall wouldnt even be on this page. Don't be so quick to judge and talk about what a person deserve etc

Edited by premedlife
  • 2 weeks later...

Eeeee ...

Well, I think maybe it's time to see a doctor. Get some definitive proof, then decide what you're going to do.

• Like 1
My period is still late. I took 3 pregnancy test today and they all came out positive.

Well that answers your Q. Time to go to your doctor & then figure out where you go from here.

Best wishes.

Please do consider adoption if you are not going to keep the baby. There are more childless couples than you know who would love the opportunity to love your baby. You'd be saving multiple lives.

• Like 3
Are you seriously a pre-med student asking this?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, pre med is undergrad, so I would say she might not be an expert in reproductive biology just yet.

• Like 2
My period is still late. I took 3 pregnancy test today and they all came out positive.

Have you made a doctor's appointment? It sounds as though you are indeed pregnant.

You need to go to a doctor now. Tell your parents. You can figure out what to do about this now but see a doctor. Don't wait any longer.

• Like 1

Now you need to decide on your next move!

I've been in your shoes with an unplanned pregnancy at 21, (I was studying Med. Lab Science at the time).

My advice is to talk to an independent counsellor before you go telling your parents, they may very well be fine, but mine tried to influence my decision and we fell out over it for a while. So I suggest you talk it through with someone independent first.

Good luck!

• Like 3
  • Author
Have you made a doctor's appointment? It sounds as though you are indeed pregnant.

I have one on Monday. My boyfriend wants an abortion tho. He was so happy about the news :( :(

I have one on Monday. My boyfriend wants an abortion tho. He was so happy about the news :( :(

Well did you tell him to f*ck off?

Maybe it was just a bad initial reaction, but he's at least 50% responsible, so he has no right to be pissed. Unless he's pissed at himself.

It's hard, by try not to engage with these negative influences. Now is the time for you to rally your support network—friends, helpful family members, counselors—those who will help make the decision YOU want to make. I'm not saying that the abortion option is bad, per se, but what you do is up to you.

You've got a lot to decide in the next few days/weeks. Good luck.

It's your body. He gets input but ultimately the decision is yours. Again, I urge you to think about adoption if a baby doesn't fit into your plans because motherhood will derail med school in the short term at least & many won't be able to get back on that track.

• Like 1

Since he was so happy about the news, why does he want you to have an abortion?

Seems contradictory.

Wish you the best with whatever you decide....

Seems contradictory..

I think the OP was being sarcastic. At least that is how I read it with the sad face emoticons.

• Like 1
You need to go to a doctor now. Tell your parents. You can figure out what to do about this now but see a doctor. Don't wait any longer.

My sex life after 18 was never my parents' business.

OP is a grown, albeit young, woman. The first person she needs to speak to his the one who helped create this problem. The next person to speak to would be her docter.

Just saying...this is something I would never have involved my parents in. The last thing on earth I would need in this situation is additional stress, guilt, disappointment or pressure from my parents. <<shudder>>

Seems contradictory.

I think that was sarcasm . . . I am very hardened to this thread. I wish her well.

I think that was sarcasm . . . I am very hardened to this thread. I wish her well.

Man, I thought I was pretty good at detecting sarcasm ..... I need to brush up!

Why are you hardened to this thread?

Shyt happens.

• Author

Seems contradictory.

I meant to say he wasn't so happy about the news.

• Author
My sex life after 18 was never my parents' business.

OP is a grown, albeit young, woman. The first person she needs to speak to his the one who helped create this problem. The next person to speak to would be her docter.

Just saying...this is something I would never have involved my parents in. The last thing on earth I would need in this situation is additional stress, guilt, disappointment or pressure from my parents. <<shudder>>

That's my biggest worry. I still live with my parent and commute to school. The immense disappointed and guilt my father will make me feel I don't know if I can handle. He might force me to marry my boyfriend or even move in with him. I'm so distraught and confused about what to do.

Man, I thought I was pretty good at detecting sarcasm ..... I need to brush up!

Why are you hardened to this thread?

Shyt happens.

I will refrain from specific commentary here. Suffice it to say that, yeah, shyt happens but when you have diarrhea, you take Immodium.

• Like 4