You look like a woman that plays with men's feelings?

Gaeta

I think most of the people who say Gaeta is naive or so are in a relationship for a while and don't understand that these days it's really, extremely hard to tell when a guy is crazy, a bs-er, or a nice guy. Specially the bad ones, because they're out to deceive, they can have really good game that fools you for sometime, and the truth is you have to be open until people show they're not worth it... so sometimes we end up wasting our time for a while until we realize it.

I like to think I know how to read people... yet... it's really tricky to date these days. It seems most people have ulterior motives and are sneaky.

You really think that is more so now? Is it all due to OLD?

When I dated in the 90s and in the 00s, I never got this feeling.

But I am older now, and there's OLD. I am not sure if it's because my age changed, if I changed, the world changed, or OLD changed the way people date.

Also, as opposed to here, in the other 2 countries I lived before, OLD is not really used as it's not needed, people meet organically... I feel there's definitely less bs in those countries and relationships are more fluid although of course it's still hard to meet the right person. But I don't feel people treat each other like disposable products as here.

You really think that is more so now? Is it all due to OLD?

But I am older now, and there's OLD. I am not sure if it's because my age changed, if I changed, the world changed, or OLD changed the way people date.

Also, as opposed to here, in the other 2 countries I lived before, OLD is not really used as it's not needed, people meet organically... I feel there's definitely less bs in those countries and relationships are more fluid although of course it's still hard to meet the right person. But I don't feel people treat each other like disposable products as here.

If I had to start dating now I would be lost. Good on you for keeping yourself out there

I think most of the people who say Gaeta is naive or so are in a relationship for a while and don't understand that these days it's really, extremely hard to tell when a guy is crazy, a bs-er, or a nice guy. Specially the bad ones, because they're out to deceive, they can have really good game that fools you for sometime, and the truth is you have to be open until people show they're not worth it... so sometimes we end up wasting our time for a while until we realize it.

I like to think I know how to read people... yet... it's really tricky to date these days. It seems most people have ulterior motives and are sneaky.

I did not mean Gaeta is naive by any means.

She wants to trust. Big difference!

She is far from naive...

Untrustworthy people have learned to hide in OLD and have refined their line...

• Like 1

She is far from naive...

Anyway there are worse crimes than being a little naive

She is far from naive...

I replied to your post but I was actually talking about several other posts ;)

totally ^

• Author
How so? She was ready to go out with this weazel!

I adore Gaeta, but it's like she needs to be hit over head with concrete proof that a guy is an assh*le before she realizes he's an assh*ke!

I am not saying this to mean, but sometimes I get scared for her, cause when she is smitten, she just doesn't see what should be so obvious.

When asked if I was ready to meet him earlier in this thread I said I was ready to have another conversation with him and see how that goes. My head was not at meeting him yet and....smitten? No, just pleased to come across a man that seemed to have it together.

• Author

You are SO right!!

• Like 1
  • Author

And also I think dating in a big city is much different than dating in more rural areas. My nephew just moved from here to a small town and he said girls attitude in small town is a world of difference compared to city girls. He said women from big cities are full of games something he doesn't have to deal with as much where he lives now.

Didn't read through the whole thread, just read your OP

Gaeta - you haven't even met him, quite frankly who gives a $hit what he says. He already made a judgement on you based on the way you guys were interacting on chat, so that says alot about who he is anyway.

I like women who initiate and are full of live, positivity and 'bubbly' as you say - shows confidence and the positivity rubs off on me.

Keep it up!

• Like 1

Clearly you've encountered a person who doesn't know how to value human beings, and allows his prejudices to steer his choices.

Don't take these things personally. It has nothing to do with you. Absolutely NOTHING. It's him, and he's projecting himself onto you. It's so easy to see the kind of person he is just by how he is reacting towards you. Life makes it easy sometimes :)

Oh yes. When I dated in the 00's, boy met girl, if they liked each other they started dating.

Now with OLD you have to worry are they still on the site, who else are they seeing, who else are they talking to, sleeping with, etc etc etc.

There was none of this when I was younger. OLD has turned it into a candy store with too much choice.

My guess is that in the past, he encountered a woman that was bubbly and that woman ultimately "played with his feelings". And then for some bizarre or twisted reason decided to link "bubbly/funny" and "manipulator of feelings" together. And then projected it upon you, Gaeta.

He is too quick to stereotype and judge, and he's probably so afraid of dating another game-playing woman that it's preventing him from loosening up and giving perfectly good women a chance. He is too risk-averse.

gaeta, I would not fixate on what one guy says..... there is a saying......you can't please all the people all the time......plus, there are crazy people out there.

When you are doing things right, a lot of the crazies will do your work for you, and weed themselves out.

Exactly.

BlackOpsZombieGirl
I'd bet he is married....

That thought actually crossed my mind too...especially after Gaeta said that the dating site's GPS pinpointed him to being in OHIO when she said he told her that he was supposedly somewhere else.

I also agree with Edgygirl's insightful (and frighteningly accurate) observation:

...these days it's really, extremely hard to tell when a guy is crazy, a bs-er, or a nice guy. Specially the bad ones, because they're out to deceive, they can have really good game that fools you for sometime, and the truth is you have to be open until people show they're not worth it... so sometimes we end up wasting our time for a while until we realize it.

• Like 1

I have to say I've had off color and weirdo comments from guys many times. I delete and block and dont even reply to them again.They are just *********s plain and simple.

6 pages of posts about this nothing comment and I think it was similar over an old flame analyzing why he reached out....he was bored and wanted sex was the consensus but all sorts of excuses were thrown around for him.

It just seems excessively over-analytical.

it isnt about YOU it is about them. hard though it is, try not to read too much into this kinda thing. They are just losers.

Edited by Amelie1980
  • Like 1
  • Author
I have to say I've had off color and weirdo comments from guys many times. I delete and block and dont even reply to them again.They are just *********s plain and simple.

6 pages of posts about this nothing comment and I think it was similar over an old flame analyzing why he reached out....he was bored and wanted sex was the consensus but all sorts of excuses were thrown around for him.

It just seems excessively over-analytical.

it isnt about YOU it is about them. hard though it is, try not to read too much into this kinda thing. They are just losers.

It made it to 7th page because of your last comment. You get it? I ask a question to start a conversation. I was interested in the subject. It doesn't need to be over analyzed, or dramatic. It's just a damn conversation.