It all ended in disaster

lollipopspot
We're doing our own thing.

If she comes back when #2 is here, I'll tell her to come back later since I'm busy.

Is she staying with you or does she have another place she's staying?

• Author
loveweary11
Is she staying with you or does she have another place she's staying?

Staying with me, but I'm going to stay somewhere else from Tuesday on until she leaves. As much as im hating on her right now, I'm not throwing her out in the streets.

• Author
loveweary11
Dude, I let my GF get hit on. Personally, I don't care as long as the guy is not disrespectful. In your case you knew they were scammers (sounds obvious based on the details) and you still let some dirty ass ****ers take pictures that they got to keep! They can do whatever the hell they want with those pics.

The shoulder thing was cool, but you gotta take it up a notch. Just them presenting my GF with the idea of a photoshoot right then and there (total scam) would have pissed me off. I would not hit them (unless they throw thebfirst punch), because bruises heal. I'd probably just take their cameras. This way they can't scam and even if yoga chick wanted pics taken, she can't have them.

How many were there? Two? Three? Arabs tend to be small. Plus you're a f***ing New Yorker! Dude you've been hanging out in LA too much. Were you just afriad to show Yoga Chick your emotions at that moment?

I appreciate the post, but she's a free spirit. If she wanted to do it and i clipped her wings, it would have lead to a flight too.

I didn't know they were scammers until the half way mark when I went over to say our drinks were out, so let's go.

That's when the scammer opened his mouth and it got very obvious. One hint is scammers talk *too* much when explaining, which is what he did, as well as having no watch he was representing for the shoot, no release, no paperwork.

I was just trying not to be a controlling jerk (I'm probably a lot closer to that than a push over)

• Author
loveweary11

More live updates:

She's now in Central park asking to come back so she can be safe and sleep.

I said I'll meet her at 9:30 or so to let her in (after #2 leaves, but didn't mention that to her).

She says, "sure, I'll just sleep here, *******"

I love how she chooses a bad path that leads to problems and expects me to drop everything for her anyway.

I used to be a sucker for her in the past. No more.

I appreciate the post, but she's a free spirit. If she wanted to do it and i clipped her wings, it would have lead to a flight too.

I didn't know they were scammers until the half way mark when I went over to say our drinks were out, so let's go.

That's when the scammer opened his mouth and it got very obvious. One hint is scammers talk *too* much when explaining, which is what he did, as well as having no watch he was representing for the shoot, no release, no paperwork.

I was just trying not to be a controlling jerk (I'm probably a lot closer to that than a push over)

So, how will you interact with her from now until Tuesday? Won't it be awkward to have to sleep under the same roof until then? What if she tries to put the moves on you, as in, going for sex to distract you and confuse you (as manipulative people often will) from her having to feel guilty or be accountable for the way she's misled you yet again?

SycamoreCircle
It was someone he liked, not a GF and don't think he'll be hurting for too long.
I totally agree. This was a girl he liked. She was one of a number of girls he thinks about. He'll be over this faster than green grass through a goose. This is just a way of getting attention, which is what I feel is at the core of Loveweary's problems. He is desperate for validation.

I'm sorry Loveweary. I call it like I see it.

• Like 3

Let her be a free spirit. You be one too and take the cameras. It's what your spirit wanted.

When the scammers finished with the shoot they went out for drinks (because booze is not allowed in their land) and laughed at you and Yoga Chick.

I totally agree. This was a girl he liked. She was one of a number of girls he thinks about. He'll be over this faster than green grass through a goose. This is just a way of getting attention, which is what I feel is at the core of Loveweary's problems. He is desperate for validation.

Hence why #2 is on her way over...

• Like 3
Update:

We fought, we didn't stay mad, etc.

I think she wants to decouple our usual party/whirlwind sex thing from our time together. Although I can't understand how she doesn't want to cuddle.

She's stopped with the hookup culture and is going great places, inside. She is growing. Finding her place in the world.

I think I'm part of what she is throwing out, yet she can't do it. She's hurt and bitter from her own bad experiences. She's trying to grow past them.

She did say she's just not wanting any men around. That she feels like this temporarily.

She confuses the hell out of me. She's here lying beside me right now. We had a quiet evening in last night, but no romance.

I wake up this morning deeper and deeper in love.

Love weary is definitely a good username. I love her so much. I can't even remember whoever else I am talking to.

I really hope it comes around...

I know you like her a lot and wouldn't minimise that at all, but is there an element of wanting something more if you might be losing it? If you sit back and think, is she really the right woman for you? She sounds awfully confused.

That's how I see it.

I agree completely.

Other posters here are actually saying I should have said no to the shoot.

Also, Vogue stopped her when we were walking on the sidewalk in South Beach and it was legit, so I figured this was too.

Sounds like she's very pretty.

• Like 1

I think she would irritate the daylights out of him forever.

I just hope that he lets her go for good and doesn't beat a dead horse.

He's been furious at least twice already since she arrived... what? a few days ago?

Definitely not a good match.

More live updates:

She's now in Central park asking to come back so she can be safe and sleep.

I said I'll meet her at 9:30 or so to let her in (after #2 leaves, but didn't mention that to her).

She says, "sure, I'll just sleep here, *******"

I love how she chooses a bad path that leads to problems and expects me to drop everything for her anyway.

I used to be a sucker for her in the past. No more.

Is she from NY or Miami? If she's from Miami, does she have enough $ to get home? People she can call to get her money or borrow some? If I were her, I'd be calling friends for a place to stay asap.

You've got a mean streak, LW. A really mean streak. All of this because you said you "were cool" with her yacking with these guys and then changed your mind, lost your temper, and you're on a date with "#2" and she's in Central Park? A real mean streak.

Unless she's from NYC, which i hope she is. Or I hope she has money. Cripe, I want to send her money! NYC can be overwhelming if you're not from there. So I really hope she's from NYC.

Edited by BlueIris
  • Like 3

If she's staying with him in NYC, I don't imagine she's from there or has anywhere else to go. Hence why she's getting so upset about being stuck in Central Park by herself until 9:30. I think he said in his other thread that she has no money and is completely dependent on him for travel expenses.

It's also the millionth time she's done this kind of thing. When you are spending the day with someone, uou don't just leave them sitting there for an hour while talking tpo members of the opposite sex. On what planet do you see that as acceptable behavior in the middle of a romantic day?

I don't think she viewed this as a romantic date (or day), which is why she thought it was acceptable to ditch you for the other guys. That behavior speaks volumes about how she feels about you because you're right -- you don't do that on a date. As you said in your initial post, you are totally in the friend zone.

At this point, it seems like your best solution is to put her on a plane and send her "home," wherever that may be. (I don't even understand why you flew her to NYC in the first place, given how she was acting toward you in FL.) It seems pretty ridiculous for her to be staying wherever you are now staying together and for you to stay somewhere else. Are you just staying in hotels or do you have friends to stay with? You didn't get what you expected on this trip, so it's time to cut the cord and move on.

• Like 6

Love weary is definitely a good username. I love her so much. I can't even remember whoever else I am talking to.

That is one of the surest signs that it's real. It's how I know from day to day that I love my wife.

• Like 1
  • Author
loveweary11
So, how will you interact with her from now until Tuesday? Won't it be awkward to have to sleep under the same roof until then? What if she tries to put the moves on you, as in, going for sex to distract you and confuse you (as manipulative people often will) from her having to feel guilty or be accountable for the way she's misled you yet again?

It's awkward as hell.

And wouldn't you know it? She did exactly as you said. She's in lingerie right now. Was tearing at my pants trying to put moves on after seeing #2 leave as she was arriving.

She saw a landslide of texts from other girls come in and she is currently trying to have a competition with me regarding texts. Turned on her phone volume for the first time in a week and a half to prove she has a landslide too.

Toxic much?

I'm done.

Reminds me of a rotten apple. All shiny and pretty outside, black and gross inside.

I'm so stupid to have let her screw with my feelings.

I have loved her for a very long time. Seems like she has used me for just as long.

• Like 2
  • Author
loveweary11
I think she would irritate the daylights out of him forever.

I just hope that he lets her go for good and doesn't beat a dead horse.

He's been furious at least twice already since she arrived... what? a few days ago?

Definitely not a good match.

Is she from NY or Miami? If she's from Miami, does she have enough $ to get home? People she can call to get her money or borrow some? If I were her, I'd be calling friends for a place to stay asap.

You've got a mean streak, LW. A really mean streak. All of this because you said you "were cool" with her yacking with these guys and then changed your mind, lost your temper, and you're on a date with "#2" and she's in Central Park? A real mean streak.

Unless she's from NYC, which i hope she is. Or I hope she has money. Cripe, I want to send her money! NYC can be overwhelming if you're not from there. So I really hope she's from NYC.

Agree with just about everything you say here. She brought out a mean streak after continually abusing me. I am really nice until pushed too far. That's my personality. She pushed too far this one last time.

I don't leave anyone out to die.

She has a bed, food and$100 in her pocket i gave her for transportation.

We won't be staying together anymore. I'm done.

It's awkward as hell.

And wouldn't you know it? She did exactly as you said. She's in lingerie right now. Was tearing at my pants trying to put moves on after seeing #2 leave as she was arriving.

She saw a landslide of texts from other girls come in and she is currently trying to have a competition with me regarding texts. Turned on her phone volume for the first time in a week and a half to prove she has a landslide too.

Toxic much?

I'm done.

Reminds me of a rotten apple. All shiny and pretty outside, black and gross inside.

I'm so stupid to have let her screw with my feelings.

I have loved her for a very long time. Seems like she has used me for just as long.

I knew it! I knew she would try to put the moves on you, out of insecurity of course on her part. How old is she again? Competing with you by turning up her cellphone volume so you can hear all the text message pings and assume they're from her many male admirers? Wow, sounds sooo mature.

You didn't fall for the sex come on, did you? She definitely screwed with your feelings. Just be done with her and try to find a woman your own age, or at least a woman who is more mature and stable, but stable in a fluid way if that makes sense, versus the chaotic stability she's shown you.

• Like 1
  • Author
loveweary11
I knew it! I knew she would try to put the moves on you, out of insecurity of course on her part. How old is she again? Competing with you by turning up her cellphone volume so you can hear all the text message pings and assume they're from her many male admirers? Wow, sounds sooo mature.

You didn't fall for the sex come on, did you? She definitely screwed with your feelings. Just be done with her and try to find a woman your own age, or at least a woman who is more mature and stable, but stable in a fluid way if that makes sense, versus the chaotic stability she's shown you.

Turned her down on the sex. Pulled away. She's still in lingerie laying next to me in bed right now.

She's 25. One of the oldest and yet least mature, I suppose.

Here, here. I agree with you.

lollipopspot

I think if there's nothing more to be done, and you don't want to try to work things out further, best to buy a plane ticket for her to go back home tomorrow. It's sounds really awkward.

• Like 1
  • Author
loveweary11
I think if there's nothing more to be done, and you don't want to try to work things out further, best to buy a plane ticket for her to go back home tomorrow. It's sounds really awkward.

She wants to stay for other reasons. There is no "home" to fly her to right now. I'm not taking her dream away, despite the problems.

This is where I'm an idiot. I care too much about others.

Yeah. But he hasn't said if she's from NYC or Miami or where. I wonder where her family is. I have daughters about her age and I know I'd want to know if one of them was stranded, especially in NYC. Not a place for a young woman- obviously.

I'm late to the party, but if I'm not mistaken, this girl you've been seeing did a 180 on you and now you're stuck with her for 3 months as you're in the middle of traveling? Is that right?

You seem to be a lot like me. I consider my best qualities to be that I'm compassionate and loving, but I ALWAYS fall for the cold girls. Sorry to hear this dude. I hope you do the right thing, as hard as it might be, and walk away knowing she's toxic.

Getting involved with a self-proclaimed free spirit is risky. They'll use that to validate their crappy behavior whenever they can.

• Like 2
Turned her down on the sex. Pulled away. She's still in lingerie laying next to me in bed right now.

She's 25. One of the oldest and yet least mature, I suppose.

Here, here. I agree with you.

Wait...you're not going to spend the next 3 months with her now are you? You are leaving on Tuesday, correct? She's a big girl. I can't believe she has no savings at all, especially if she's a model who gets modeling gigs. Is she bad with money? Does she even work or just random modeling gigs? If she's a model why not sign with an agency and do jobs. Her behavior makes no sense to me. Trust fund baby, is she? How does she support herself? Through sugar daddies?

Where do you plan to travel to on Tuesday? How will you leave things with her?

She wants to stay for other reasons. There is no "home" to fly her to right now. I'm not taking her dream away, despite the problems.

Please tell her to contact her parents.

Bottom line is that she's a 25 year old stranded in NYC with a 38 year old man who flew her there. I'm a mom of 20-somethings and I would happily get my kiddos out of this situation. I would DEFINITELY NOT want my 25 year old alone in NYC or in the situation you two are in.

Dream? that's new....

Tell her to get ahold of her mom.

• Like 3

We won't be staying together anymore. I'm done.

Several times today you've said something along this line, yet so far, no, you are not done.

She is still there next to you. That doesn't sound like done...

• Like 1