What is My Best Course of Action Here

I too, agree that you may need to find middle ground with it all.

The women who can live that way are out there. Some might be obvious, some might be hidden.

The problem is that you're not just looking for someone compatible to date. You're looking for someone compatible to date AND who also happens to jive with your lifestyle.

That's a small pond to fish in.

Sure, you might find a woman who seems right for what you want. Then you get out on the boat, and a month into the adventure you find yourselves snapping at each other and you realize you can't stand the way she eats her morning cereal and it makes you want to kick things, you know?

Finding a compatible partner is hard.

Finding someone with this lifestyle is hard.

Finding someone who is BOTH? Twice as hard.

Definitely a lot of things for you to consider, and potential compromises to make. What aspects would you be okay compromising on, if need be? Are there any? Is there flexibility or is the ideal scenario you're looking for pretty strict, with no room for budging?

I don't think this is impossible, not at all, but I think quite a bit of introspection for yourself, and eventual flexibility, is going to be crucial in making it all happen.

• Like 2

The women who can live that way are out there. Some might be obvious, some might be hidden.

The problem is that you're not just looking for someone compatible to date. You're looking for someone compatible to date AND who also happens to jive with your lifestyle.

Sure, you might find a woman who seems right for what you want. Then you get out on the boat, and a month into the adventure you find yourselves snapping at each other and you realize you can't stand the way she eats her morning cereal and it makes you want to kick things, you know?

Definitely a lot of things for you to consider, and potential compromises to make. What aspects would you be okay compromising on, if need be? Are there any? Is there flexibility or is the ideal scenario you're looking for pretty strict, with no room for budging?

I don't think this is impossible, not at all, but I think quite a bit of introspection for yourself, and eventual flexibility, is going to be crucial in making it all happen.

That's exactly what I've been trying to convey with my posts to you LoveWeary11. Sheesh.

Phoe, awesome post. +1!

• Like 2
  • Author
loveweary11

I agree. I mean, this isn't the end... just a journey. I'm sure I'll sell the boat an be back on land as I get older.

Flexibility is fine. I just need someone who is less stuck in place. I'm happy to adjust things for the right girl.

• Like 1
  • Author
loveweary11

For the nautically challenged,it takes several thousand man hours to build a large, world cruising boat. This is why you find they cost $1mil+ new and even used.

Also, i have *another* year ahead of me to fuss around with the interior to get it perfect.

It's got to be perfect to attract the level of clientele I have in this industry.