How can you tell [you're attractive]

There's nothing wrong with your nose Leigh.

What you are doing though is framing the part of your face that you don't like with your make up.

Much like it's not the best thing to wear a short skirt with a low cut top you either should make your eyes or lips a focus point. You're using dark shades on both so they frame your nose.

Your lips don't need anything more than transparent or rose coloured lip balm for day or the same shade of gloss for a night out.

Your eyes you can learn to contour and highlight to open them up using matte natural browns and creams which suit any eye colour and then using a fine line of black or nearly black matte around the outer corners will really bring your eyes to life. Youtube has 100's of how to videos. Invest in all the right brushes to use and it's dead easy to do.

You could also get a light fringe cut in which again would bring the focus to your eyes.

If you're looking for profile pics then light from below, not above.

Try things out before you go spending cash on a nose job when it's not required and could end up going wrong.

• Like 2
loveweary11
How can you tell whether you're attractive?

We all know hot men sleep with average women since many men will shag anything on offer. Vomit.

Men probably know more readily whether or not they are considered attractive. Since the hottest women and women in general are more relationship orientated and don't shag average dudes if they are smoking hot women...

Thoughts?

My friends a model and she doesn't have totally hot dudes ."

You are inundated with external, shallow facts....I am thinking you come from a very shallow place...you will get shallow or insecure only. You seem to be barreling towards failure. I'm not sure how to help you since you have whatever life deems less as your goal. Maybe others can help with being mediocre.

Good luck,

Grumps

Are you sure she's not just in the middle of a looks tune up?

I've gone through the changes and questions she is going through.

There is a transition to be made. Some of us are later bloomers. A lot of pre teens and teenagers go through these steps. I didn't because I was more cerebral than physical.

Only as an adult did I realize I needed to look a certain way to attract members of the opposite sex in larger numbers.

Leigh, I looked at the pics, but saw no appreciable difference. :(

You need a 100% crash course in makeup application. Are you in an urban area? Can you go to MAC or Sephora to have one of the makeup artists show you what works with your features and how to apply? Which products to use, etc? They can even show you how to make your nose appear different using makeup.

Also, lose the in between hair... really. Get it shiny, get the frizzed ends gone, get it either bleach blonde or brunette.

You need to be bold.

• Like 2
loveweary11

Whoops. There is progress on the first pic. Somehow, i missed that one.

Gemma is right though...

You've got to get everything else down 100% before you go for the nose job because essentially, you'll still have the same issues, just with a smaller nose.

Edited by loveweary11
  • Like 3

Loveweary mentioned going to a cosmetics counter, which 'can be' a good idea but be careful if you do that as they can make you come out looking seriously overdone if they get colour happy! Most folk I have known have sadly spent the money and then gone straight home and washed all of the make up off.

If you know a recommended great place to go then by all means give it a try though! :)

I found this vid which uses Naked Basics shadows. I use them - they are my only eye shadows as you can do so much with them and they are perfect for any eye colour. There's also loads of tutorials for Naked Basics on youtube.

She has darker skin than you and I have so where she goes from the highlight colour and skips a shade I would recommend you just use the next shade up and follow through. If she uses the fourth shade then you should use the third shade etc...

See how she blends and brings the darker shades up higher and aside from in the last look (which is seriously heavy) she keeps the mobile lid lighter but shaded around the area.

Using the shadows darker shadows under the outer corner as well as above gives more definition also. I use the black for a very soft line just part way next to my lashes which frames my eyes but softly.

Blending is key too so that you end up with no harsh lines anywhere.

Investment in brushes and one of these palettes would be a great place to start but also check out other videos for tuition.

• Like 2
loveweary11

A slight difference in the USA vs GB:

MAC and Sephora will do your makeup for free and give tips on what works for you.

There is an expectation you'll buy some product, which you are probably going to do anyway.

Heck, if Leigh doesn't want to buy anything, she can buy me some Acqua Di Gio and I'll reimburse her. :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Author

I already thought I was quite attractive and that I definately had stand out lips.

I still don't think I'm a total pain Jane the way I am, right?

I have had hot and successful men think that I'm very attractive before.

So I am going to investigate where I go wrong with my make up as I am clueless ; I felt I did highlight my eyes.

• Author

Are you sure she's not just in the middle of a looks tune up?

I've gone through the changes and questions she is going through.

There is a transition to be made. Some of us are later bloomers. A lot of pre teens and teenagers go through these steps. I didn't because I was more cerebral than physical.

Only as an adult did I realize I needed to look a certain way to attract members of the opposite sex in larger numbers.

Leigh, I looked at the pics, but saw no appreciable difference. :(

You need a 100% crash course in makeup application. Are you in an urban area? Can you go to MAC or Sephora to have one of the makeup artists show you what works with your features and how to apply? Which products to use, etc? They can even show you how to make your nose appear different using makeup.

Also, lose the in between hair... really. Get it shiny, get the frizzed ends gone, get it either bleach blonde or brunette.

You need to be bold.

Yes we need to look at certainly way in order to attract the opposite sex...however, I still don't think that I am totally a pain Jane either...

I mean, I DO get attention from the opposite sex and I DO have men that already think I am attractive. Some even think I'm gorgeous all be it, just not " lots" I am presuming.

I don't agrees with grumps that I am totally medjiclre in the looks department. I think I am " attractive ".

Average to me, is this lips, a normal nose and normal eyes. I have straight teeth, amazingly full lips and nice than average eyes and a slightly bellow average nose. I also have the 8/10 body.

A beauty? No. But I am beautiful to * some * and it isnt a rarity to find people the deem me gorgeous.... I am just not the most pretty girl in a room, either.

• Author
There's nothing wrong with your nose Leigh.

What you are doing though is framing the part of your face that you don't like with your make up.

Much like it's not the best thing to wear a short skirt with a low cut top you either should make your eyes or lips a focus point. You're using dark shades on both so they frame your nose.

Your lips don't need anything more than transparent or rose coloured lip balm for day or the same shade of gloss for a night out.

Your eyes you can learn to contour and highlight to open them up using matte natural browns and creams which suit any eye colour and then using a fine line of black or nearly black matte around the outer corners will really bring your eyes to life. Youtube has 100's of how to videos. Invest in all the right brushes to use and it's dead easy to do.

You could also get a light fringe cut in which again would bring the focus to your eyes.

If you're looking for profile pics then light from below, not above.

Try things out before you go spending cash on a nose job when it's not required and could end up going wrong.

I'll try to make my lips or eyes the focal point...

I do actually have a nice nice lips stain. I just have such nice lips and a nice smile and so I get carried away with lips colour. Which is OK if only I tune down my eyes.

Despite people alluding to me being average and nothing more, I still know that my lips are striking and well above that of a plain Jane.........

loveweary11

Leigh... you keep quoting plain Jane out of context.

It's just your hair color Plain Jane was referring to. Nothing else. :D

I'm with loveweary11. You're plenty attractive, except for when the makeup is a little overdone. You even have different made up looks! That's golden, because a guy can experience a little variety with one woman... add a couple wigs to the mix, and you could be a whole week's worth of strange!

Some girls have a real knack for making it work. Others don't. I'd have to put you in the not quite there category, I think.

Find someone who can teach you the art, and I think you'll get the attention you want.

How do you tell if you're attractive? You know you are if you attract people to you. It's that simple.

By the way, I liked the earlier pictures better. Your last one looks like my old GF. Wrong colors for your eyes, in my opinion.

Edited by mightycpa

Leigh, I've got a mish mash of odd features.

Small lips, strong nose, big forehead, pointy chin, deep set eyes

None of that sounds particularly flattering, right?

I keep things neutral and soft. I don't try to hide or alter or change my features, I just let them be.

I focus on keeping my skin tone nice and even, healthy, and bring out my eyes. Nothing more. I don't try to do anything crazy with colors, I just find neutral tones that complement both my skintone AND eye color. I don't often put any color on my eyes, but when I do, I find that soft dusty purples and taupes work well for me.

Most days I just put on concealer, a rosy blush to make my skin glow, and mascara to bring out my eyes.

Vivid greens and amethyst purples could look good, BUT... I already have so much going on with my face in terms of bone structure, too much of a pop of color just brings in more harshness.

Soft. Always soft. Light dusty taupe in the crease, a bit of liner smudged along the outer edge of the upper lid to lift the eye, and mascara on the upper lids only. Then the standard concealer and rosy blush, and I'm set.

Soft, simple, and neutral looks best on me. Anything that stands out or pops too much just creates too much harshness on an already strong face.

• Like 3
MidwestUSA

Could you rotate your pics please? I don't feel like turning off my auto rotate. Thank you.

• Like 1
Grumpybutfun

Yes we need to look at certainly way in order to attract the opposite sex...however, I still don't think that I am totally a pain Jane either...

I mean, I DO get attention from the opposite sex and I DO have men that already think I am attractive. Some even think I'm gorgeous all be it, just not " lots" I am presuming.

I don't agrees with grumps that I am totally medjiclre in the looks department. I think I am " attractive ".

Average to me, is this lips, a normal nose and normal eyes. I have straight teeth, amazingly full lips and nice than average eyes and a slightly bellow average nose. I also have the 8/10 body.

A beauty? No. But I am beautiful to * some * and it isnt a rarity to find people the deem me gorgeous.... I am just not the most pretty girl in a room, either.

Leigh, I wasn't stating that you are mediocre in the looks department. Just that your expectations for what is important to someone you want to attract as a mate is mediocre. Shallow expectations to me are mediocre because it won't attract someone who will stand by you in life's ups and downs. A nose job won't change anything for you but a lighter pocketbook. Your focus on the external keeps drawing men to you who have little capacity for LTR.

I've always told you that you look just fine the way you are. I guess I'm concerned that you keep focusing on how you lack in the looks department as though it is somehow going to change the trajectory of your life if you change or conform for acceptance by those who solely judge on externals. I get that physical attraction is important....but there will be those who will be attracted to your nose in the same way that some women and men are attracted to tattoos or nose piercings or petiteness or being chubby. Conformity isn't always a plus to dating partners.

Good luck,

Grumps

• Like 4
  • Author

What eye liners should I use?

I have got blues and greens atm hoping they bring out blues eyes and also for the fact I wear pink ( in the form of a handbag or lip stain) and pink goes swimmingly with greens and blues....

• Author

Leigh, I wasn't stating that you are mediocre in the looks department. Just that your expectations for what is important to someone you want to attract as a mate is mediocre. Shallow expectations to me are mediocre because it won't attract someone who will stand by you in life's ups and downs. A nose job won't change anything for you but a lighter pocketbook. Your focus on the external keeps drawing men to you who have little capacity for LTR.

I've always told you that you look just fine the way you are. I guess I'm concerned that you keep focusing on how you lack in the looks department as though it is somehow going to change the trajectory of your life if you change or conform for acceptance by those who solely judge on externals. I get that physical attraction is important....but there will be those who will be attracted to your nose in the same way that some women and men are attracted to tattoos or nose piercings or petiteness or being chubby. Conformity isn't always a plus to dating partners.

Good luck,

Grumps

Oh, I have a whole other dimension as to what I want in a long terms partner. I do want the emotional connection, the interlectual connection as well as a kind and generally, relationship orientated partner.

I am just not focusing on the other important factors that are components of a healthy relationship....

I am strictly wanting tips on how to be more asthetically appealing so that I can be attractive to more potential candidates and therefore, have more initial options from which the IMPORTANT things will then be relevent: being attractive is better due to more initial interest from men who THEN get to witness the kind of person I am ( I am kind generous and funny to some people with my own unique options about different topics).

I am focusing on the superficial in this thread.

I certainly don't only like to only focus on the superficial in my real life.

I want strangers opinions regarding my looks because men like loveweary can give me OBJECTIVE opinions.....................

• Like 1
MidwestUSA

I have got blues and greens atm hoping they bring out blues eyes and also for the fact I wear pink ( in the form of a handbag or lip stain) and pink goes swimmingly with greens and blues....

Black. Only black. It's the only way. I got mine tattooed on. Anything else is just washed out.

No pink. Anywhere. Ever. Hello Kitty?

• Like 3

Only go for dark brown or black eyeliner and for gawd's sake not pink green and blue! Lol!

Just go for neutral eye colours like in the Naked Basics (by Urban Decay) palette I suggested which is in the video I posted.

You don't need a lip stain, just something to moisturise your lips - eg a lip balm. If you use a lip stain as well as focusing on your eyes you are doing the same thing but with a different product and framing your nose again with way too much colour.

• Like 3
loveweary11

Many people do this as a teenager. Leigh and I did it as young adults.

I did the same thing she is doing and have suggested it to those guy in the,"I'll never get a girl" threads.

It works. I have far more women to select from after having put some thought into the external than before I did.

Just like Leigh is saying, it doesn't change who you are or what you are looking for. It only delivers a greater number of potential partners for you to choose from.

Oh, I have a whole other dimension as to what I want in a long terms partner. I do want the emotional connection, the interlectual connection as well as a kind and generally, relationship orientated partner.

I am just not focusing on the other important factors that are components of a healthy relationship....

I am strictly wanting tips on how to be more asthetically appealing so that I can be attractive to more potential candidates and therefore, have more initial options from which the IMPORTANT things will then be relevent: being attractive is better due to more initial interest from men who THEN get to witness the kind of person I am ( I am kind generous and funny to some people with my own unique options about different topics).

I am focusing on the superficial in this thread.

I certainly don't only like to only focus on the superficial in my real life.

I want strangers opinions regarding my looks because men like loveweary can give me OBJECTIVE opinions.....................

It works. I have far more women to select from after having put some thought into the external than before I did.

Just like Leigh is saying, it doesn't change who you are or what you are looking for. It only delivers a greater number of potential partners for you to choose from.

And both of you continue to fail to form meaningful, long term relationships. Your version of "it works" is more accurately described as "it doesn't work".

• Like 7
  • Author
And both of you continue to fail to form meaningful, long term relationships. Your version of "it works" is more accurately described as "it doesn't work".

Wanting my future partner to think I'm gorgeous as opposed to initialy thinking I am meh nothing special and then having to " grow" to find me sexy due to getting to know my " lovely personality " isn't not working. I've only been single for less than one year.

Wanting to have that initial infatuation and strong connection and honeymoon phase, the chemistry and great attraction is normal. Please of men feel besotted and totally attracted to their wives

Grumpybutfun even divulged in another thread that he was taken by his wife at first glance.

I am the type of woman who can obviously get a guy who is initialy very attracted to me.

And all other factors aside, I can now try and play with different looks once I have him one day in the likely distant future. True Love doesn't come knocking very often after all.

I enjoy being single and trying to gain more potential suiters to notice me **MORE** to being with.

The more men who fancy me the more options I have silly.

• Like 1
  • Author
Only go for dark brown or black eyeliner and for gawd's sake not pink green and blue! Lol!

Just go for neutral eye colours like in the Naked Basics (by Urban Decay) palette I suggested which is in the video I posted.

You don't need a lip stain, just something to moisturise your lips - eg a lip balm. If you use a lip stain as well as focusing on your eyes you are doing the same thing but with a different product and framing your nose again with way too much colour.

I don't wear pink eye liners. Lol.

I wear greens and blues over my top lashes.

I have posted a nude eye pic of me.. With my lips done with red gloss and my eyes nude.

I hope no one rewds the " nude " and has their brain immediately think " nude pic" haha

Tell me what ya all think of the nude eyes versus the full lips look.

• Author
Black. Only black. It's the only way. I got mine tattooed on. Anything else is just washed out.

No pink. Anywhere. Ever. Hello Kitty?

Really?

What about dark blue, just very minimally, to outline your eyes?

Does the tattooing on hurt a lot? Seriously considering it......

I have new profile pics for reference. I think I am attractive ASIDE from my nose, but I cannot figure out if I am not attractive now but will be attractive after my nose is fixed, or whether I am already somewhat attractive, and the nose job will put me up to an 8/10......

You need to get some body pics up there hon. :cool:

Do you actually want a serious makeup/style/presentation overview tho?

Leigh, I've got a mish mash of odd features.

Small lips, strong nose, big forehead, pointy chin, deep set eyes

None of that sounds particularly flattering, right?

Phoe illustrates what I think is the bigger point here - she has various individual attributes that she sees as imperfect and yet altogether, she's gorgeous. That's what you need to strive for - accepting and embracing yourself within the context of your identity, which when worn honestly and smartly will organically be attractive. :)

• Like 1