Big telltale signs with online dating profile pics and summaries

I had a few women stop talking to me when I wouldn't send more pics too. It happens.

Well, that does surprise me...I guess I don't know the shallowness of some people.

What gets me is how overly selective they are, looking for freaking perfection. Any little thing short of what they're looking for they won't even give a second thought. Any guy who's tried the dating sites knows what's up.

But you wasting your time meeting someone you know you're not attracted to is just fine.

Yeah...

This thread reminds me of this

that was a hit in China a while back. :cool:
introverted1
I like to cuddle. By which I mean I'm affectionate and tactile.

I hold hands as I walk with my partner, I cuddle them on the couch, i hug them in the street, I hold them to me in bed.

SOME women DON'T LIKE THAT!

I'm letting these women know that I'm affectionate, so they can choose to not respond If I contact them.

So maybe its a wording thing. I don't mind "affectionate" or "tactile" (I am for sure both of these). I guess I just have a thing about the word "cuddle." :o

And I would always post a full body shot. It's for me as much as for the guy. I don't want to meet someone who thinks I'm X when I'm Y. Or whatever. OLD is fraught enough, why add to the anxiety?

1. men with pictures of themselves and their children/grandchildren. NOT YET, dude!!!

2. men whose profile pictures are of some landscape, a car, a dog--everything but their face without sunglasses on and without a smile.

3. bad spelling and grammar.

4. photos of them far away

5. photos of them with their ex's face blurred out

6. no picture at all

7. explicit talk about their sexual prowess

8. obvious hostility to women in their profile

I had a few women stop talking to me when I wouldn't send more pics too. It happens.

I've stopped talking to guys who wouldn't send more pics because they turned out to be catfish. Perhaps that's the reason why they stopped talking to you. It's crazy how inundated OLD is with catfish nowadays.

Met a guy online. He is not in my immediate area. About 2 hours away.

We had an amazing, long phone conversation. He ends it: "Call anytime."

I haven't heard from him. Do I call?

Edited by egalew
Posted in wrong place
loveweary11
I've stopped talking to guys who wouldn't send more pics because they turned out to be catfish. Perhaps that's the reason why they stopped talking to you. It's crazy how inundated OLD is with catfish nowadays.

I Google image search them before I even respond or write, if the pictures seem off.

Then, I report the fake pics to the site. Figure that's helpful for everyone, including other dudes writing to the "girl"

• Like 2
I am slender and work out, but never posted a body pic on OLD. I didn't want anyone to be judging me and choosing me based on that, and did not necessarily want to broadcast photos of my body to the dating world. I wanted a bit more privacy than that... not to HIDE something.

I often smile with my mouth closed in photos simply because when I do a full grin I can look really silly, not because I'm hiding my teeth. My eyes crinkle up and if I'm laughing a bit my nose might scrunch up... so I keep it simple and smile with my mouth closed.

Why is EVERYTHING someone does on the internet, an indicator that someone is hiding something?

I posted a simple, clear, straight on headshot taken with a DSLR. I had light makeup, hair straight, and a simple closed mouth smile. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

So you don't want people to judge you based on your body but you're fine with people judging you based on your face? I don't really see the difference.

You may as well have no photos if you're going with the mentality that you don't want men to judge you based on looks.

I'm not attracted to fat girls so if a girl hid that from me and then showed up weighing twice what I weigh I wouldn't be best pleased.

• Like 1

What I really dislike.. when the "What I'm looking for..." section is followed by a long list of things they don't like in men. Listen here Bitchy McBitchpants, I dislike a lot of stuff too, but I'm not going to put off everyone that visits my profile like that. If someone I don't want to date messages me, I ignore it. Simple enough, right? No need to list why I'm not good enough for you. I don't like reading that and quite frankly it makes you come across as really undesirable and petty.

Girls, please don't do that on OLD sites. Very big red flag for me.

You know, I'm inclined to disbelieve this...

It just seems like too perfect an example to justify your position.

As I said, what is wrong with making sure the person you are about to date isn't obese...?

If they asked "Do you smoke?" would you refuse to answer?

When you "politely declined" how did you say it?

Did you say "I'm not comfortable showing picture of my body, but I'm quite fit"

Or did you not in any way attempt to let him know you look after yourself?

Don't forget the whole "curvy" and "a little extra" body type thing. Apparently obese is the new curvy now. Literally every girl I've seen with those as their body type have been extremely overweight.

• Author
You know, I'm inclined to disbelieve this...

It just seems like too perfect an example to justify your position.

As I said, what is wrong with making sure the person you are about to date isn't obese...?

If they asked "Do you smoke?" would you refuse to answer?

When you "politely declined" how did you say it?

Did you say "I'm not comfortable showing picture of my body, but I'm quite fit"

Or did you not in any way attempt to let him know you look after yourself?

Eh, I wouldnt have asked Phoe for pics the way that guy did...but if I requested extra pics in some manner and was refused, Id definitely go ghost just like that guy did.

There are too many women online for me to dilly-dally on a woman who may:

a) lack confidence enough in her body (and I definitely need spunk and confidence in a woman)

or

b) be trying to hide something from me. And my experience has shown me that a woman trying to hide something will usually end up not being a good date.