girlfriends break during exams: Led me to false hope.

hey man.

Was scrolling through random pictures on instagram, and I saw one picture with a quote, so i clicked it to read, and to my surprise, it was posted by my ex. Something negative, and that she was the better person, even though what she did, was out of order. Now, I'm thinking that they are all regarded towards me. But why do exes do that? is she desperatelly trying to console herself that her dumping me was the best thing that ever happened to her?

Did that one picture spark your curiosity to browse her Instagram account? Or were you browsing it all along?

• Author
Did that one picture spark your curiosity to browse her Instagram account? Or were you browsing it all along?

No no, I was just looking at the random pictures section, and a picture came up. clicked it, and saw she had uploaded it. I don't know if we have mutual followers or something. No idea...

No no, I was just looking at the random pictures section, and a picture came up. clicked it, and saw she had uploaded it. I don't know if we have mutual followers or something. No idea...

Your assumption that they are all directed at you gave me a different impression. :) It made me think that the picture sparked your curiosity and you resorted to browsing her Instagram and discovered additional quotes. Thank you for the clarification!

In the grand scheme of things, these details are irrelevant. As I mentioned previously, she could be engaging in psychological projection. Many people deem it convenient to deflect blame than take responsibility for their actions. It's an attempt to preserve their ego.

• 4 months later...
  • Author
Gingerlocks

So today. After being in NC for so long now. I get a text out of no where. I thought I'd blocked her number, but didn't count for my new phone. Anyways. I get a text saying that she had heard that I got into Uni, my band is getting more and more gigs, And that she hopes I'm okay .And I honestly have NO idea how she found out. Because she is blocked on my facebook, and I'm not friends with any of our mutual friends on facebook.... I didn't reply to it, I blocked her straight away, and deleted the text. I guess... Im doing okay? Or was that wrong of me?

So today. After being in NC for so long now. I get a text out of no where. I thought I'd blocked her number, but didn't count for my new phone. Anyways. I get a text saying that she had heard that I got into Uni, my band is getting more and more gigs, And that she hopes I'm okay .And I honestly have NO idea how she found out. Because she is blocked on my facebook, and I'm not friends with any of our mutual friends on facebook.... I didn't reply to it, I blocked her straight away, and deleted the text. I guess... Im doing okay? Or was that wrong of me?

You have mutual friends its not surprising she found out. You're doing great! Keep it going.

You did the right thing. :)

• Author
Gingerlocks

So.. on saturday, im going to see this girl. She is REALLY nice. And I really like her. Thing is... I've been invited into town, for a birthday party at this club. Now, it's not an event or anything, just a few people meeting up, to celebrate. ON the same day, there is an artist performing, and I've checked the guestlist. And my EX-girlfriend is on that list. Now. You only get on the list if you pay.

I'm so tempted to go to the birthday party instead of meeting up with that girl... Even though it's not what I want. I just want to see if she is there, and why? because it is over 60km away, and the same artist is playing in her town the day after...

I should just go to that girls house, and forget the party right?