I don't initiate.

Neither of your sample sizes is sufficient to draw this conclusion.

I have almost certainly asked out more women than you have asked out men. I've also likely received far more rejections than you have. Based on your logic, my conclusion should be: A man asking out a woman never works. That is not the conclusion I come to.

I've been asked out by six women in my life. Four of them received positive responses. The other two were only rejected due to me being in a relationship at the time and my policy of not dating coworkers. I have a female friend who usually does the approaching and she has an 80%+ success ratio. My HR director asked her current husband (of 9 years) to dance and told him he could buy her dinner the following Friday when they first met. I could go on and on with the examples.

I get that it hasn't worked for you and I sympathize, because I feel that pain too. However, you shouldn't go around saying "it never works" when it's clear that isn't true.

All in all, everyone can only go off their own experiences, and observe the experiences around them, but nothing is a guarantee.

I've been asked out by 10 men, said yes to 7, and entered relationships with 5 of them. Alternately, I've asked out about a dozen men, and been turned down every time.

I've asked out more men, than men have asked me out, and have a 100% rejection rate.

I know that many women pursue, and do it well, but it's definitely not for every woman. Despite knowing that women can do it, my own experiences show that I am not good at it.

Now, being open? Yes, women looking to date who do not want to pursue, should put deliberate effort and thought into appearing open and available.

I think you'd benefit from a wingwoman Phoe. Seriously. I feel pretty confident that after a couple nights out w/me, I could set you off on your own one night and you'd do much better. (I've actually done this very thing with others, literally.) :)

• Like 1
Shining One
Alternately, I've asked out about a dozen men, and been turned down every time.

I've asked out more men, than men have asked me out, and have a 100% rejection rate.

This is still a small sample size. I don't know why you have such a high rate either. If I were single and you asked me out, I would say yes.
I think you'd benefit from a wingwoman Phoe. Seriously. I feel pretty confident that after a couple nights out w/me, I could set you off on your own one night and you'd do much better. (I've actually done this very thing with others, literally.) :)

Uh oh, the seduction powers of Jen? Sounds like quite an advanced course! Haha, I'd be quite the inexperienced grasshopper...Although I wouldn't mind seducing the crap out of my man ;)

Uh oh, the seduction powers of Jen? Sounds like quite an advanced course! Haha, I'd be quite the inexperienced grasshopper...Although I wouldn't mind seducing the crap out of my man ;)

I suspect you've already got that part well-covered. :cool:

BronzeAgeJaeger217
All in all, everyone can only go off their own experiences, and observe the experiences around them, but nothing is a guarantee.

I've been asked out by 10 men, said yes to 7, and entered relationships with 5 of them. Alternately, I've asked out about a dozen men, and been turned down every time.

I know that many women pursue, and do it well, but it's definitely not for every woman. Despite knowing that women can do it, my own experiences show that I am not good at it.

Now, being open? Yes, women looking to date who do not want to pursue, should put deliberate effort and thought into appearing open and available.

Well I believe some women on here have said they have had success making the first move, approaching a guy first and he ended up becoming their boyfriend