Almost 30 and never dated is it weird

logan415

• Author
OP, my own perspective, is its more shocking to hear of a woman being single this long than for a guy

It is. If woman is single for a long time than she must be picky. Very picky.

I'm 29 with a slim body and 32 DDs.

My pics are in my profile. I'm not ugly. Straight teeth.

I'm single. My mate is a lot more attractive than me; she's single and my age.

She's fussy and I'm not.

Believe me, Leigh, if I saw you out in public, I wouldn't have never thought you would be single.

Women like you tend to be chased quite often and rather constantly out there. It would be amazing to see that a decent, attractive guy didn't get your attention and, if he didn't, someone else has.

Not in the UK - 2011 - Average age for women to marry hits 30 for first time - Telegraph

2013 figures show an increase in average age of marriage for women to 30.9 years old.

Took me a minute to understand what you said. "Not in the UK" I thought you meant that your link did not refer to the UK (I was confused!). Also I read average engagement in UK lasts for 2 years.

Official numbers in the US appear to have changed rapidly. The 2009 recession has already caused an average wait of +2 years for first marriage so that the average man is 29 y/o, and 27 y/o for the woman. Sensibly, the age is higher with more education, and lower with less education. There are also geographic differences. More rural = younger marriage. Average engagement was 14 months, but I'm not sure if the recession has added to that.

Anecdotally, I'm in middle America (smaller cities, around 100k) in my university class with 30 women, almost all are age 27 or younger, there is not ONE single woman. One is getting married tomorrow in fact (we have a final exam today!), and I know 2 off the top of my head who are getting married this September. I've heard 2 other girls talk about wanting to get pregnant as soon as they finish their degree, where they will be around age 24-25.

I know bigger cities, especially on the east coast, trend to an older age.

Edited by PogoStick
  • Author
Took me a minute to understand what you said. "Not in the UK" I thought you meant that your link did not refer to the UK (I was confused!). Also I read average engagement in UK lasts for 2 years.

Official numbers in the US appear to have changed rapidly. The 2009 recession has already caused an average wait of +2 years for first marriage so that the average man is 29 y/o, and 27 y/o for the woman. Sensibly, the age is higher with more education, and lower with less education. There are also geographic differences. More rural = younger marriage. Average engagement was 14 months, but I'm not sure if the recession has added to that.

Anecdotally, I'm in middle America (smaller cities, around 100k) in my university class with 30 women, almost all are age 27 or younger, there is not ONE single woman. One is getting married tomorrow in fact (we have a final exam today!), and I know 2 off the top of my head who are getting married this September. I've heard 2 other girls talk about wanting to get pregnant as soon as they finish their degree, where they will be around age 24-25.

I know bigger cities, especially on the east coast, trend to an older age.

I wonder why that is the case.

BronzeAgeJaeger217
It is. If woman is single for a long time than she must be picky. Very picky.

Or she doesn't want one

Believe me, Leigh, if I saw you out in public, I wouldn't have never thought you would be single.

Women like you tend to be chased quite often and rather constantly out there. It would be amazing to see that a decent, attractive guy didn't get your attention and, if he didn't, someone else has.

Well I'm single and the men I've fallen for have been average or bellow average looking dudes who I happened to feel amazing chemistry with.

I suppose just because we felt mutual chemistry that was on the strong side, that didn't compell them to stick around.

So yeah. I am essentially rejected by very average looking dudes all the time.

And when I go out to a bar I feel invisible.

Ah well I'm going blonde again. The blonde hair blue eye look tends to be in higher demand than my regular brown hair was.

mortensorchid

Are you sure about this? I don't think people really know what it is. There have been times that I have gone out with someone once or twice then *poof* it's over and we go on our merry ways. During the first week to six months, you are dating. That is, you are getting to know one another and in infatuation with one another. You are not in a relationship with that person until you have been with each other for at least nine months or so. After that point, yes you are in a relationship with them.

And marriage? After you have been together for a few years, you are still together, you still want to be together, then this is when you could consider. Am I wrong? I've never been married, some may argue. Yes, that is true. But I would like to point out that all of the guys I have dated dropped me after two years (in some cases treated me very badly), married the next woman who came along barely a year later, and are now divorced from those women. And WOW are they damaged.

So is this you or something else?

Well I'm single and the men I've fallen for have been average or bellow average looking dudes who I happened to feel amazing chemistry with.

I suppose just because we felt mutual chemistry that was on the strong side, that didn't compell them to stick around.

So yeah. I am essentially rejected by very average looking dudes all the time.

And when I go out to a bar I feel invisible.

Ah well I'm going blonde again. The blonde hair blue eye look tends to be in higher demand than my regular brown hair was.

That is a shame. Personally, for me, while I do like blonde hair women, I am easily more attracted to brunettes.

But I hope it works out well for you, Leigh. You got a good head on your shoulders. Just make sure you give the jerks the treatment they deserve.

BronzeAgeJaeger217

Its like men have to be a certain way or taught, raised a certain way in order to be worthy of being called a "Man", I guess that's why Hercules had to do those 12 labors

BronzeAgeJaeger217

Look up David Elmore Smith, I'm looking to him as inspiration, he was a virgin until age 32, he had a huge obesity problem most of his life, in one article about him, it says his first girlfriend made the first move on him, she was 19 and he was in his early 30's at the time

Yeah, I'm interested to know how this pans out. I just hope the OP doesn't get swindled in anyway because the whole thing is a recipe for disaster.

I believe pickiness is one factor but mostly because I grew up introverted, introverted is part of my personality, nature, never really went out that much in my late teens and early 20's, yes didn't ask enough out, its difficult to not be bitter and resentful, jealous of women because I feel women have so much power in their teens and 20's, a lot of people even say that women's peak attractiveness years typically start earlier than men's do, and since women don't have to be the initiators, its almost a for certain guarantee that a man they want will literally come to them in their 20's
I don't mean to be rude or mean, but the "not dating" is merely a symptom of the weird part. This is what strikes me as the part that would tell me to stay away from you, if I were a woman:

its difficult to not be bitter and resentful, jealous of women because I feel women have so much power in their teens and 20's
That says a lot about you, and no offense, but none of it is good. You are a fear-based person, and you blame others for your fears. All of the things you wrote are in your head, and are untrue for most people. The only thing you have to fear is fear itself. :bunny:

Maybe that will help you. I sure hope so.

• Like 1
BronzeAgeJaeger217
Its not weird. You need to go out there and approach woman. Thats all.

Some guys do but need be taught how to do it better, that's why PUA's, dating coaches exist

Even if you Skyped this chick, that wouldn't tell you anything. I know someone who Skyped with a guy for months and were even talking about marriage. Luckily, when he eventually asked her to cash a check for him, she realized it was all a scam. I think he was even within the U.S.

Why is a woman from Belarus even combing the American singles ads in the first place? Saying she "doesn't care about looks" is probably something she knows you'd want to hear. Is it THAT easy to get you? Any ol' woman who approaches you and tell you "looks don't matter," and you're willing to throw caution to the wind and fly to some foreign country to meet? Your apparent desperation is turning you into a huge sucker.

If you absolutely cannot get a date because you're "not good looking," I can pretty much guarantee you either have other issues going on, or you really mean "no attractive/younger" women want you. That seems to be the core problem sometimes - men feeling down about themselves for being lacking somehow, yet having too many filters of their own for a potential mate. Who might you be overlooking?

If you absolutely cannot get a date because you're "not good looking," I can pretty much guarantee you either have other issues going on, or you really mean "no attractive/younger" women want you. That seems to be the core problem sometimes - men feeling down about themselves for being lacking somehow, yet having too many filters of their own for a potential mate. Who might you be overlooking?

The above irks me slightly, because someone has difficulty dating they need to adopt "oh that will do", honestly if I have to settle for miss obese I would rather be single for my entire life than settle for someone I don't want.

So tell me, are you saying only those successful at dating have the right to choose who they want and the rest of us must just "make do" with whoever likes us, irrespective if we like then back.

• Like 1
The above irks me slightly, because someone has difficulty dating they need to adopt "oh that will do", honestly if I have to settle for miss obese I would rather be single for my entire life than settle for someone I don't want.

So tell me, are you saying only those successful at dating have the right to choose who they want and the rest of us must just "make do" with whoever likes us, irrespective if we like then back.

I really don't understand how a man can complain that a woman is "too picky" because she won't date a man she finds unattractive, yet when the shoe is on the other foot, a man has every right to overlook a woman for the very same reason??

LookAtThisPOst
I will be 30 next year and never dated or have any form of relationship in my life. However, I think my dating drought is coming to an end as I met a lady from Belarus from an online dating website. We been talking for a while and saving up for my trip to go see her. I’m curious how common is for a guy my age in today society to never had dated? I have heard from other people that dating society in America is really bad where both sides place too many rules on each other and therefore cannot bond. My issue is no one was never interested in me until I met this lady overseas, and she message me first and she said my profile was interesting. I guess my love life is overseas.

It's kind of interesting how we're getting numerous threads about 30-somethings lacking experience in dating or sex. Noticing a trend here that's on the rise.

It is quite telling of how grueling the dating process is.

It's kind of interesting how we're getting numerous threads about 30-somethings lacking experience in dating or sex. Noticing a trend here that's on the rise.

It is quite telling of how grueling the dating process is.

Too many woman want the best guy they can get and there is no shame in that. As a guy you have to have it all now days . He has to look good, have a career , nice car , a house , social life , tons of friends, and a ton going for him.

A guy that has all that can have any woman he wants IMO.Guys like me that are trying to make something of himself have a hard time dating .

Too many woman want the best guy they can get and there is no shame in that. As a guy you have to have it all now days . He has to look good, have a career , nice car , a house , social life , tons of friends, and a ton going for him.

A guy that has all that can have any woman he wants IMO.Guys like me that are trying to make something of himself have a hard time dating .

You possibly wont find a great cynic than me but I don't think the above is totally true. There are many guys who lack some of those things yet they have no difficulty finding nice girlfriends.

I mean there is someone I know who is far from good looking, albeit he has a fun personality, he is married to a fantastic lady, far hotter than he is. I think in many respects the ground work for dating take places during HS and you just build on that in later life. Build and refine but there are people who never had that foundation and as you get older it gets harder because no matter who says what its NOT NORMAL to be 30yo+ and never dated, society frown on this and automatically society turns its back and you are left with little choice.

• Like 1
BronzeAgeJaeger217

In the news lately, it says there are a lot of adult male virgins in Japan, many in their 30's and older

Look up David Elmore Smith, I'm looking to him as inspiration, he was a virgin until age 32, he had a huge obesity problem most of his life, in one article about him, it says his first girlfriend made the first move on him, she was 19 and he was in his early 30's at the time

Oh wow, I've seen him before!! I believe he lost the weight, got slim, and gained it all back again! Amazing how cute he got once he lost all that weight!!

OK, found his Twitter - he's on his "second weight loss journey." That's awesome!