Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single

Some men. Not all.

Some women may even see sexual conquests as success. Gold diggers, for example.

you need gold to be appreciated by gold diggers, mate :). Ability to f*ck can only get you so far.

SammySammy
I cannot generalize, because these things can't be generalized. I don't know why some men aren't popular with women. Maybe their idea is sleeping with 3 different ones every week. that doesn't happen - oups, failure. Maybe they go only after very beautiful women. I don't know. Each story is different.

Moral of this story is "successful against women" is external validation. I know a lot of guys who jump from one RS to the next with the first girl who'll have them, only to not have to be single and face rejection, if god forbid, they happen to change their standards. I understand pressure.

I won't even go into: "you're so pretty, so successful, how come you've got no bf, what's wrong with you ?". see, social pressure will always exist. If I have a bf, I'll hear the "ok, you have a bf, why on Earth isn't he proposing, what's wrong with you?". Then I'll hear "oh, now that you're married, why don't you have a baby? what's wrong with you?". then it's the "just one baby? You're making so much $$$, you can have more babies than that". And let's not forget the last "oh, three children?!? These days? What the hell were you thinking?" "who'll have you, with 3 children, if you husband leaves you". etc etc etc.

Everyone's under pressure. Everyone. Male or female. Key is to not give in to it and to not let the social pressure define who you are and how you're living your life.

Good point.

• Like 1
Right.

How many men are on this site right now bemoaning their lack of success with women? Considering themselves failures? Many.

It's just part of the male psyche.

Is that because it's how you compete with each other? I think so. Success with women and money?

SammySammy
Is that because it's how you compete with each other? I think so. Success with women and money?

I think it's true for many men. We may not admit it, but I think many men are constantly measuring each other up. And some of us do feel a sense of satisfaction when we've achieved a certain level of ... success.

• Like 1

It's a long topic, I haven't read more than a few posts in the beginning. I think it makes some sense that as a woman wanting to date someone at least as intelligent/successful as yourself you have a much smaller pool of men to date than less intelligent/educated women. However, you also have more skills/capabilities and it is true that women who have at least college education divorce at a much lower rate than the general population.

IMO, if you are a woman who is top 10% in intelligence or achievement, the only thing that is really keeping you away from finding love is your limiting beliefs and fear. If you used your intelligence and were as confident in the romantic area as you are in the career area, 100% you can find love. It's a nice excuse to blame it on being intelligent rather than expose yourself to the harsh dating market.

What I want to say is that if you make a point in showing that you're better than everyone else, that's abrasive and that's what's holding you back, not intelligence. I have an ex-friend who comes with that excuse to make herself feel better about not dating at all, but she is extremely abrasive, not nice. That's her problem but of course it's nicer to tell yourself that it's your success that holds you back.

• Like 4
31 years of marriage and a dozen of being in the upper tier of a $3 billion organization tell me that your view is a wee bit too simplistic.

But rock on. It's not my life.

Ok ill rock on. And conti ue to observe that usually one person is a ljttle more yielding than others. :)

Money makes men successful with women. She doesn't feel attracted to the guy - unless he's a 25 year old Johnny Depp with deep pockets - but the guy who rents a hot girlfriend doesn't mind. I know of old guys, really old guys in wheelchairs who can barely breath without a mechanical lung and they are married to 25 year old very attractive Brazilian women.

You don't even need to look further than the soccer players. Many of them are ugly as hell and their wives are amazing-looking. The national German team has a lot of attractive players but you think they'd manage to get the wives they have had they been average-earners in Germany?

We don't compete with other men by using women as a bridge. I don't care about other men. I don't care about anyone but me, and what little games men might play to feel special in their social groups was never something that interested me.

Men pursue women and men spend fortunes on beautiful women because beautiful women are the key to genetic immortality. Beautiful women produce beautiful children. Beautiful children grow into beautiful men and women.

Women and men select their mates based on looks, so the man who has beautiful children is guaranteed immortality. Of course bald, obese, short men have kids.. but what are the chances their offspring will be the next Brad Pitt?

The mark of a desperate guy is the act of spending money on average women. It implicits a lack of self-esteem and deeply-seated inferiority complex. Hell, chances are the guy is going to be rejected by the woman he approaches. At the very least approach only women who are conventionally attractive. That way she has a reason to reject the guy. An average guy being rejected by an average woman. Now that must be humiliating as hell.

Edited by Elam

Looks are not that important for the long term success of a relationship, and some people know that.