I told a client "F-you" today at work

I just don't see the need. It's like a toxic relationship. If you are at a point that you need to say "f you" to each other then it should just end.

I don't know, maybe these are just core difference. I just don't think it is acceptable to say "f you" to anyone. To me it's like using calling some one c%%t, etc. It is hitting very below the belt.

When you are working in a very high stress and demanding situation sometimes the pressure cooker... well it blows... we understand this but we do not accept it...

Some customers are just vile. Its the way they are. If you can find a way to deal with them and cope with it they do appreciate it. Not everyone in this world is all sweetness and light.

Not all relationships are toxic if the couple occasionally get fed up with each other and tell each other to f off. Its called an argument. Its how you deal with that and react to that that counts.

• Author

Yes, sometimes something has to give. In my case it was an extreme situation. I had to make a difficult phone call yesterday and call this guy to ask him if it was okay to process his payment on the first (tomorrow), so I did. We ended up talking a lot about corporate greed and "the little guy" like we both feel we are. It went on too long and he really felt he needed to vent so I just let him go on and finally he got it all out. At the end of the day, he's still my customer and I'm going to process his payment at 12:01am.

I do have to agree that if a relationship has too many blowups, definitely if it has too many F you's and has a toxic feel to it then it should end but since he is buying something from me, it's not like a marriage, it's his place if on his whim he wants to say he doesn't want to do business after this. It's only my place as a last resort. Since he's buying, sure I have the right to refuse service to him, but that's not something I take lightly.

And like you toodaloo, I'm a middleman who is offering him something he can't find just anywhere. Sure there are lots of insurance companies and lots of agents, but there's no insurance company nor agent he will ever be happy with. At least I have been on his side. He knows that, so is loathe to just give that up for the next schmuck who may just blow him off. At least I just blew up at him. :rolleyes:

Ken