Lack of chemistry? No idea what is going on with my dating

BlackOpsZombieGirl
A bit off topic, but I don't get this obsesion/phobia about 'dying alone'.

I hear it all the time - better settle down, get a relationship, or you might die alone.

We are all going to die. If you are female, even if you marry and stay married chances are very high your partner will die before you.

There is no reason that you can't be single and have a group of friends in old age who will be around.

Jose, it's not a "phobia"; at least not for me. I was just trying to convey my point that if she (or anyone else) is holding out for a person who has ALL of the criteria they require in a mate, then they may just "die alone" - meaning that they're probably never going to find ALL of the criteria that they require in ONE person. They MAY find "that" person, but it's highly likely that they never will, hence that they'll end up being alone. Now, if they're a person like you that loves to be alone or doesn't mind ending up alone, then good for them.

@Leigh87: Well, with most of your posts, I always got the impression that you had to have the whole enchilada - including "amazing and intense" chemistry with killer looks - with regard to dating and relationships. My bad. If you're willing to relax a bit about not having a guy who's a 8/10, but you still desire that passion-filled chemistry that you're looking for, then that's a good thing.

• Like 1
You come into the world alone, you go out alone.

How profound. :)

It is not really true though. When I came into the world, my mom and dad were there, and my two older brothers.

Just sayin ......

• Like 1
You come into the world alone, you go out alone.

If you take a baby out the wound and drop it in the middle of a forest it would never be able to survive on its own. But I understand where you're coming from. :)

My point is, while it's okay to make your partner the center of your universe, don't make them your entire universe.

Set yourself up for the future, sure, but be happy today. Today is the only garden we can tend.

Some people take life and partners a little too seriously.

• Like 3
Jose, it's not a "phobia"; at least not for me. I was just trying to convey my point that if she (or anyone else) is holding out for a person who has ALL of the criteria they require in a mate, then they may just "die alone" - meaning that they're probably never going to find ALL of the criteria that they require in ONE person. They MAY find "that" person, but it's highly likely that they never will, hence that they'll end up being alone. Now, if they're a person like you that loves to be alone or doesn't mind ending up alone, then good for them.

@Leigh87: Well, with most of your posts, I always got the impression that you had to have the whole enchilada - including "amazing and intense" chemistry with killer looks - with regard to dating and relationships. My bad. If you're willing to relax a bit about not having a guy who's a 8/10, but you still desire that passion-filled chemistry that you're looking for, then that's a good thing.

I'd rather find an average aussie guy who thinks I'M an 8/10.... Rather than to date an 8, only for him to be meh about me.

I feel that intense chemistry for mostly average looking men who tend to feel lucky to have me and they always think I'm a real hottie.

My criteria is reasonable I feel. Intense chemistry, with average aussie dude who has a job that supports him.

I also need a guy who make me laugh. Not a funny guy in general, but a guy who...I laugh with.

Lastly, I cannot stand tight asses. I need a man who isn't into the 50/50 thing for dates. I do treat men. But I only date traditional types who enjoy and insist on paying for dinner dates out.

Those are my only criteria. I do feel intense chemistry for average dudes often enough, I often meet men who have the ability to make me giggle often AND many men I've encountered prefer to be the one to pay on dates.