He left without saying bye

Cheerbabe93

I did call him my boyfriend. I mean you don't know him you cant know his real feelings.

Apparently, neither do you. His real feelings look like they were to not want to tell you goodbye to your face, but to sneak out of the country and give you no way to get to the airport to see him before he boarded his plane.

A man who is invested in you doesn't do that to you. He would have held you, let you cry, witnessed your disappointment that he had to leave, did what he could to comfort you before leaving. That's not what he did.

• Author
Cheerbabe93
Apparently, neither do you. His real feelings look like they were to not want to tell you goodbye to your face, but to sneak out of the country and give you no way to get to the airport to see him before he boarded his plane.

A man who is invested in you doesn't do that to you. He would have held you, let you cry, witnessed your disappointment that he had to leave, did what he could to comfort you before leaving. That's not what he did.

He's been playing for this team here for plenty of years and he always went home to the US over the summer so he's been doing it like that all this time. Just leaving. So I guess it's just his thing. Idk but he did tell me that when we Skype of text "no sad ****" so I guess if he asks me how I'm doing I'll tell him I could feel any better and that everything is ok.

You were dating him for 5 months. He texted you when he was about to board a plane back to the States. Do you really think this guy is worth it?

There are SO many other fish in the sea. You need to keep busy and forget about this dude. He's no damn good.

• Author
Cheerbabe93
Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Come back in a month and see how well he does with Skyping and texting and keeping up with you.

It's been a week now since he left and honestly things couldn't be better between us. He texts me every day. He sends me pictures everyday and no I don't mean nudes like pictures from places he went to and stuff he did during his day and we already skyped and he was the one asking to Skype not even me.

No I don't want to forget about him, we are dating. It wasn't a FWB thing. There were feelings involved and we both cared for the other person a lot

I wouldn't wait on him to make a commitment if I were you.

Edited by stillafool
Guess you guys might be right and I'm just too naive to see it for myself.

I'm about to go to bed and it's past noon for him and I haven't heard from him only yesterday that he made it home. Ugh I should have known that he only saw me as someone to have sex with. I mean honestly what was I thinking? It's not like we had anything in common anyways but I guess that's pretty normal when you're 22 and 38. Ha and I thought this could actually work out. Silly me

So why were you with him? Is it because he is basketball player?

• Author
Cheerbabe93
So why were you with him? Is it because he is basketball player?

Nooo. When I met him I didn't even know he was a professional basketball player. I'm not into sports and I've only been to one of his games cause I don't like basketball.

The reason I'm with him is because he is extremely good looking, has an amazing body and he makes me smile a lot. I just enjoy being around him

• Author
Cheerbabe93
So why are you a cheerbabe? Are you a cheerleader?

Yes I do competitive cheerleading and I couldn't really think of a better username

ExpatInItaly

OP, it's good that he's been in touch. However, I still think him leaving without even telling you is a huge red flag. I would clarify with him whether he still considers the two of you to be in an exclusive relationship, ie. whether or not he plans to date local women while he's at home. Did you have such a conversation with him before he left?

It's been a week now since he left and honestly things couldn't be better between us. He texts me every day. He sends me pictures everyday and no I don't mean nudes like pictures from places he went to and stuff he did during his day and we already skyped and he was the one asking to Skype not even me.

Very well could be a short-term boost.

That's why I said a month, not a week. If I were you, I'd proceed with caution.

When is he flying you over to see him?

• Author
Cheerbabe93
OP, it's good that he's been in touch. However, I still think him leaving without even telling you is a huge red flag. I would clarify with him whether he still considers the two of you to be in an exclusive relationship, ie. whether or not he plans to date local women while he's at home. Did you have such a conversation with him before he left?

When we skyped I told him that I was a little hurt by him just leaving and said I thought it was a bit unfair because I didn't get to say bye. He then said that he doesn't like seeing people cry and being in a sad mood and he asked how it would have been fair for him when I was at the airport with him crying my eyes out and he had to walk away and get on that plane. I kinda get the point though so I'm not upset about it anymore

• Author
Cheerbabe93
When is he flying you over to see him?

I'm a full time college student and my semester isn't over until July 31st so we talked about me going to visit him in August but we didn't talk about who's gonna pay for the flight he just said I won't have to buy my own groceries or pay for anything while I'm there

JohnsonBaby

I dated basket ball players when I used to live in Europe and trust me ,as much as they make you believe they have feelings all they want is some you know what. And don't even believe for a secodno that you were the only one he was screwing either. They have one back home and the groupies in Europe waiting after the game or at the club. Forget him and don't believe his playa talk.

Have a friend who hanged out with sooo many of them ad they all pretty smooth,as long as they can get what they want ,but believe me once he s back home his "feelings " are gone ,unless he has to play in your country next season.

Don't be naive .

• Like 3
When we skyped I told him that I was a little hurt by him just leaving and said I thought it was a bit unfair because I didn't get to say bye. He then said that he doesn't like seeing people cry and being in a sad mood and he asked how it would have been fair for him when I was at the airport with him crying my eyes out and he had to walk away and get on that plane. I kinda get the point though so I'm not upset about it anymore

That is such a cop out answer. It isn't an issue of fairness because he had to board a plane and return to his home anyway--you both knew this was inevitable being he's not a citizen of the country in which you live. It was still itshy that he left and didn't say anything.

• Like 3
I dated basket ball players when I used to live in Europe and trust me ,as much as they make you believe they have feelings all they want is some you know what. And don't even believe for a secodno that you were the only one he was screwing either. They have one back home and the groupies in Europe waiting after the game or at the club. Forget him and don't believe his playa talk.

Have a friend who hanged out with sooo many of them ad they all pretty smooth,as long as they can get what they want ,but believe me once he s back home his "feelings " are gone ,unless he has to play in your country next season.

Don't be naive .

^^^exactly

I'm a full time college student and my semester isn't over until July 31st so we talked about me going to visit him in August but we didn't talk about who's gonna pay for the flight he just said I won't have to buy my own groceries or pay for anything while I'm there

That means you will pay for your airfare.

• Like 1
  • Author
Cheerbabe93
That means you will pay for your airfare.

I don't have a problem paying for my own plane ticket. When I was with my ex boyfriend I spent 5k on plane tickets in one year

That is understandable. Many people hate formal goodbyes for that very reason.

That said, I am glad you are back on track!!!

Keep us posted! :)

Don't be naive .

Yeah and he probably has a woman waiting back home. The majority of them do. He probably knows that she won't be able to afford the airfare to visit him and by August this will be over.

• Like 3
Yeah and he probably has a woman waiting back home. The majority of them do. He probably knows that she won't be able to afford the airfare to visit him and by August this will be over.

Good god, why all this negativity and stereotyping! Can't we just let Cheerbabe enjoy this relationship without ripping her boyfriend to shreds for being a pro-ball player (and assuming he is "playing" her) and disliking the drama of formal goodbyes? Sheesh!

He is skyping, texting, communicating just like he promised and she is happy!

So can we give this a rest please and let her enjoy this relationship and play this out?

Jmo

• Author
Cheerbabe93

If you would have read my other answer I said that when I was with my ex boyfriend I spent 5k on plane tickets to go see him so I definitely have the money to fly out to CA lol and he knows I'm not poor

When I saw him on the weekend everything was normal and we kinda made plans to go hiking next week. But then this morning I get a text from him saying he's at the airport. At first I thought this was a joke but he told me his flight was departing in 30 minutes and that he didn't want a long sad goodbye.

I

Like that was going to happen...

Stop lying to yourself, he didn't just swerve the last good bye as he hates tears, he made plans to see you the next week, then he sneaked out of the country early, making sure you couldn't possibly be at the airport. Classic diversionary tactic.

I guess that airport CCTV would be pretty telling as to who he really said his good byes to, or perhaps it would just show him sighing a huge sigh of relief as he had managed to get out of the country with no hassle from upset women...

Stop being so naive here.

• Like 1
JohnsonBaby
Good god, why all this negativity and stereotyping! Can't we just let Cheerbabe enjoy this relationship without ripping her boyfriend to shreds for being a pro-ball player (and assuming he is "playing" her) and disliking the drama of formal goodbyes? Sheesh!

He is skyping, texting, communicating just like he promised and she is happy!

So can we give this a rest please and let her enjoy this relationship and play this out?

Jmo

Lol .this is not stereotyping,it's based on years of experience and not only mine either . Watch how he s going to slowly disappear .

• Like 1