Saying goodbye in person (Updated)

whichwayisup

2 months of NC is excellent, keep going! Don't contact him, you may feel relief for a little bit but then you'll feel awful for reaching out to him and regret it.

• Like 1
LovelyBrown
I have been off of here for awhile, just trying to move on I guess. I started a new job last week and it's for some reason since I started it I can't stop thinking about my AP. I don't know if it's the change, or stress but the past few days I have to fight myself not to text him. I don't know why I miss him so much, I was doing ok and then all of a sudden it just hit me all over again. I'm scared I'm going to break NC, I'm scared I'm never going to move on and I'm scared of why the hell I still miss him so much when I thought I was moving along ok.

Anyway i needed to check in tonight because it's been rough and I don't want to let myself down.

Thanks for listening

Oh, no!! Hang in there. Two months is a great achievement! come on here and post every time you feel the need to reach out to him. Don't give up, you're doing great.

• Like 1

You're doing great. Don't lose the momentum. You have to understand you're breaking an addiction/habit. That what this is. People who quit smoking can be chugging along fine after 2 months of no cigs. Then that have a strong WAVE or craving. You have to ride the wave as it will pass. Soon, the storm will be over and the waves will be less intense and less frequent.

Hang in there. Focus on your new job and keep yourself busy. When you feel up to it, dip your toes back into the dating scene. Have some casual dates where you get to enjoy the attention of another man. Don't think rebound, think having a good time. When the timing is right, you may even have a date with a guy that rocks your world.

Hang in there. Let the waves pass over you. As they say, this too shall pass.

I have been off of here for awhile, just trying to move on I guess. I started a new job last week and it's for some reason since I started it I can't stop thinking about my AP. I don't know if it's the change, or stress but the past few days I have to fight myself not to text him. I don't know why I miss him so much, I was doing ok and then all of a sudden it just hit me all over again. I'm scared I'm going to break NC, I'm scared I'm never going to move on and I'm scared of why the hell I still miss him so much when I thought I was moving along ok.

Anyway i needed to check in tonight because it's been rough and I don't want to let myself down.

Thanks for listening

You need to keep busy and stay away from your cell phone. I'm two months NC (I'm the married one -he's single) it's a record for me.

Rainbowlove

Thanks for listening

Ride the waves, Ronnie.

They come, they go...just feel it, acknowledge it and let it pass.

Don't look backwards...

Prayers for your peace and healing.

RL

• Like 3
minimariah

sending prayers and light your way, Ronnie!

take it easy & enjoy every single day.

find something to be excited and thrilled about all over again, day after day. :)

there is a thread where you can post everything you want to say to your ex (without contacting them) - write there when there is a big crisis. it helps letting it all out.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thanks everyone. I am riding that wave as hard as I can. I keep reliving everything and I think that has a lot to do with the first month and my trying to block it out. I don't really feel like I dealt with my feelings and processed them. I miss him so much and keep reliving the physical part. The longer time goes on the more it hurts because you realize it's really over and then I hope it stops.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

I feel like I'm paddling in the water but not really moving anywhere. Some weeks are really good and then something will set me back. Next week will be two years that first told eachother we had fallen eachother. Then two weeks after that I lost the job that we worked at together and that's when the affair started. That month was such a world wind of emotions for me and the memories are crushing me.

I can't get to a point where I'm mad at him or blame him. We were two very lost people who formed a close friendship but neither of us ever thought it would end up like this.

I don't know how to stop thinking about him. I miss my friend and I know I can't talk to him but I also know if I wanted to he would be there. It's so hard to think about never talking to someone you care about again.

Today was hard and I needed to vent.

• Like 1

I understand! But I believe sometimes people come into our lives to get us through something, but they can't always stay. If you look back on your life I'm sure you'll find many people you've come in contact with but are not apart of your life now, yet you remember them fondly.

I'm 2 months no contact.... Two months ago he told me he still had feelings for me and then I never heard from him again. I decided to grow up and take charge of my life when I blocked him. If he truly is meant to be in my life, he will find a way to get to me. But he hasn't so that's my answer.

Keep going with your no contact it does get easier, the hard days will come but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!!

Friskyone4u

Don't let all the hard effort go to waste by winding up back at square one. The outcome will not be any different.

What are you doing to not be moaping around letting your mind wander???

Rainbowlove

Everything you are feeling is normal, Ronnie.

3 months is great - but it's not a lot of time in terms of no contact and healing.

I'm 18 months in and I still think of her and some days it hurts. Mostly, though, I am doing just fine and getting back into life's rhythm.

Don't expect too much too soon and don't judge your progress. You are exactly where you are meant to be and just try to settle in, embrace it and learn and grow from the experience.

You are strong. One day at a time...

• Like 1