Why is height often a deal breaker for girls?

RenegadeMonster

• Author
RenegadeMonster
Hey OP, I really do get that it must suck to be excluded online like that...

But, you are interested in this girl because she is 'really beautiful' first and foremost, I cant see why she shouldn't also be able to select by what she finds attractive, even if being tall just means someone got lucky with their genes. (As does being beautiful)

I think part of the problem is that with height limits online there are no grey areas. It's easily measured and it's very easy to exclude people based on a number. And most attractive women online are looking at ways to filter their options down, given that they probably get lots of attention, most of it unwanted/unsuitable.

I'm pretty sure if men could do the same for women based on BMI or bodyfat, they would. (At least the men online with lots of options)

I'm not saying it's fair, or that it doesn't suck, it's just life. You're gotta work with what you've been given.

I"m not fussy, I"m not looking for a "beautiful women", I'm just looking for a women who I find unattractive. All be honest here, if a women is white, has a cute smile and is not a BBW I'll give the ma shot. And by BBW I mean like 300 LBS plus and not a normal over weight girl. I'm not raciest, but I'm simply not attracted to african american women or women of hispanic decent.

So if they meet those requirements, I find them attractive generally 99% of the time and will reach out. I can't afford to be too selective being in a very rural. As long as I don't find a women unattractive I'll give them a shot and I care more about our connection and how we get a long after that than appearance.

I"m not fussy, I"m not looking for a "beautiful women", I'm just looking for a women who I find unattractive. All be honest here, if a women is white, has a cute smile and is not a BBW I'll give the ma shot. And by BBW I mean like 300 LBS plus and not a normal over weight girl. I'm not raciest, but I'm simply not attracted to african american women or women of hispanic decent.

So if they meet those requirements, I find them attractive generally 99% of the time and will reach out. I can't afford to be too selective being in a very rural. As long as I don't find a women unattractive I'll give them a shot and I care more about our connection and how we get a long after that than appearance.

WHOA. Why are your requirements for a white, slim woman any less shallow or unfair than a woman wanting a man over a certain height? You don't see the hypocrisy in that?

I'm black. I'm rather attractive with a nice figure and darn it I'm smart/geeky. I'm loyal and hardworking. But you won't date me because I'm BLACK? How dare you elimate me from your dating pool.

See? It's the same thing.

• Like 1
WHOA. Why are your requirements for a white, slim woman any less shallow or unfair than a woman wanting a man over a certain height? You don't see the hypocrisy in that?

I'm black. I'm rather attractive with a nice figure and darn it I'm smart/geeky. I'm loyal and hardworking. But you won't date me because I'm BLACK? How dare you elimate me from your dating pool.

I disagree. He did not say specifically a slim girl. He will date from skinny up to chunky slightly overweight women, just not FAT women or those two races/ ethnicities he mentioned. That's pretty broad in terms of selection criteria. He is not specifying a woman down to small scale measurements like inches, pounds, cup size, shoe size, BMI, etc. Also what he is asking for, he brings to the table as well. He is not asking for something that is way better than he is. Its not like he is a high school drop out only out to exclusively date women who have university degrees. He is Caucasian and wants to date Caucasian.

I realize black women dont fare the best online so I get why you are sensitive to his comments but I don't see any hypocrisy.

markleymassraff

i get the whole "audacity to ask for something way better than you" thing, but let's look at this realistically.

I'm short and have a preference for tall guys (5'11" to 6'1" for me), but if the guy himself prefers petite girls (and the ones I have dated have said they like it a lot), is she really getting from him while he's not getting from her? he is getting what he wants physically (height-wise) and so is she.

if i were dating a tall guy who I knew wished i were taller, like 5'6" or so, I would feel like he was getting short-changed. But that's not been the case.

Only "from outsiders' point of view" (like some of the people on this thread) are shorter women getting some prize (height) from the man that she is not giving herself. If the guy likes smaller women, the exchange is fair.

• Like 1
markleymassraff

also, "equality" and "fair exchange" isn't necessarily in every category. let's say i were shorter and the guy were taller and he technically did slightly prefer taller than i am but was "settling" for my height. there might be other aspects of me/him in which i am "settling" for him. like my face might be slightly more attractive, or i might have better social skills. i might be more stable in terms of money, emotions, whatever. these things tend to even out.

i get the whole "audacity to ask for something way better than you" thing, but let's look at this realistically.

I'm short and have a preference for tall guys (5'11" to 6'1" for me), but if the guy himself prefers petite girls (and the ones I have dated have said they like it a lot), is she really getting from him while he's not getting from her? he is getting what he wants physically (height-wise) and so is she.

if i were dating a tall guy who I knew wished i were taller, like 5'6" or so, I would feel like he was getting short-changed. But that's not been the case.

Only "from outsiders' point of view" (like some of the people on this thread) are shorter women getting some prize (height) from the man that she is not giving herself. If the guy likes smaller women, the exchange is fair.

Yes it is judged more from an outsiders perspective. Lucky for many short women wanting tall guys is that plenty of tall guys dont mind short/petite women. If you were a chunky build woman doing OLD and were not getting no where near the numbers of msgs in your inbox as your slim friends, and you kept seeing all the these chunky overweight guys say on their profiles, looking for slim/slender build women, or don't contact me if you are over 120 lbs,then you would think they had audacity. Its the people missing out with reduced options that think its a bit of a cheek.

Its a deal breaker for women because they can get away with it being so. The girls you're referring to have probably had numerous offers in the recent past, so they will be picky.

Even very average women get lots of attention -thats just the way the World works. But consequently, they have an over-inflated opinion of how attractive they are. A woman who is a 6/10 will definitely get offers from guys who rank higher in attractiveness than that, even if its just for sex

I've said it before, but imagine the roles were reversed. If women had to do all the chasing, then average men would get a lot of attention & begin to get similarly highly strung. Currently, I wouldn't discount a slightly overweight woman but if I constantly got hit on by women who were in good shape, would I bother settling for less? Not sure

I disagree. He did not say specifically a slim girl. He will date from skinny up to chunky slightly overweight women, just not FAT women or those two races/ ethnicities he mentioned. That's pretty broad in terms of selection criteria. He is not specifying a woman down to small scale measurements like inches, pounds, cup size, shoe size, BMI, etc. Also what he is asking for, he brings to the table as well. He is not asking for something that is way better than he is. Its not like he is a high school drop out only out to exclusively date women who have university degrees. He is Caucasian and wants to date Caucasian.

I realize black women dont fare the best online so I get why you are sensitive to his comments but I don't see any hypocrisy.

See I'm not sensitive. Why would I get my feelings hurt over someone not wanting to date a woman of my race? Why get offended because someone doesn't to date a shorter (relatively speaking) guy?

I just think its hilarious that you (the general you) think ONE preference is supposedly less shallow than another.

I'm not heightist. I'm just not attracted to guys under 6'. He's not racist, he just doesn't want to date another race. It's all just a preference! No need for hurt feelings.

Edited by EveAFlame

Its not even close to the same thing because you will be regularly approached by guys who do find u attractive. Who gives a crap if some guy isnt attracted to u, when there's a line of others who making it obvious that they are? Men don't experience that. Not unless they're very good looking.

OP wouldnt be hung up on some random girl on Tinder who didnt like his height if he woke up the next morning to messages from 3 different girls telling him how attractive he was, & who wanted to meet up

• Like 1