That's all folks..

• Author
Really gotta get out of your own head sometimes na. Stop over analyzing..

I had been doing really well recently.. Once I saw this friend, I was all over the place. I double scanned one of their items, and was just really slow. I kept wondering if she'd tell my ex. What would my ex think if she knew I was working at a supermarket now? My ex knew about my other job, and the problems I'd been having there.

I won't be so surprised if I see this girl again. I have nothing against her, unlike most of my ex's friends who I really don't care for anymore. If her and her family shop at this particular supermarket, I better get used to seeing her.

• Like 1

Hey na49, just wanted to pop in and see how you were doing. Slow day at work haha. I see you haven't posted in a few days, maybe that's a sign that you're doing better? Congrats on the new job, unfortunately you're going to see people associated with your ex for as long as you stay in the same place you met them or you both reside in. Last bit of advice for the day, it's summer, go out and enjoy yourself. Lotsa pretty women on the beach/pools get out and enjoy the scenery!

• Like 2

You're going to be alright na49. And Riptide is absolutely correct: SUMMER IS NEAR. YAY FOR WOMEN! LOL

There used to be a song with the jingle...

Everything's gonna be alright...

Everything's gonna be alright...

Everything's gonna be alright now...

Everything's gonna be alright.

Na, you may not be alright to your ex, but you're alright to me. Take care.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks guys! I was on vacation, and although it was relaxing, I also had A LOT of time to think about my ex. Seeing couples all over the place got me thinking, and I felt pretty lonely. I was visiting some family, and was asked if I was still with my ex. I had to say that I wasn't, and when they asked what happened, I just told them "it didn't work out". I really wasn't in the mood to give details.

I caved and checked my school email a few times, but still nothing from her. I'm not checking it as much, so I guess that's progress?

FistOfTheNorthStar

I can say I came to this point at one time and it was not pretty. DO NOT STOP pushing forward for yourself, right now I am recovering from a rocky end of a relationship and I know what its like being with family. My nephew became really good friends with my ex's son and he asks if he will come by so they can play. It takes some time to heal. I would suggest not worrying too much on getting an email from her, I know because I was in the same boat as you. Constantly checking every email source, phone making sure that I didn't skip an email she had sent me. Family is helpful, especially parents. Well in my case honestly. Any best friends? Non mutual friends? I know its your first relationship but don't give up hope. Someone will come to you that will care and not break your heart. Give it time man. I promise it will get better with time.

• Author

Thank you for the kind words. I try not to worry about getting emails from her as much, and I don't check as much as I used to. I haven't checked in a day, and I just try to focus on other things in my life.

My parents, and my entire family are awesome. I know of people who have terrible relationships with their families, and I feel bad for them. If I didn't have my family, I'd have no one. I have a few close friends who are older than me, and are always working, so I really don't have many friends.

I hope that someone will come to me, and not break my heart. I want to believe that I'm not destined to be alone for the rest of my life, but some days I feel like she was the best I could do.

• Author

I had my first day on the register alone today at work. Coupons are a pain to deal with, and I think I messed up with one customer who had a lot of them. I also am afraid to bag by myself. One old lady started yelling at me because she thought I was crushing her bread. I am worrying about if I will get in trouble/fired. I was expecting to have another day of training.

Today is a day where I really miss her. She'd understand where I'm coming from because she's worked as a cashier for a few years. She'd be telling me that I'm going to be okay, and I'd feel so much better if I was able to talk to her. I miss hearing her voice, and I wish I could hold her right now..

but.. she's got a new boyfriend, and has no interest in talking to me. So I'll complain to LS instead. :D

Simon Phoenix
I had my first day on the register alone today at work. Coupons are a pain to deal with, and I think I messed up with one customer who had a lot of them. I also am afraid to bag by myself. One old lady started yelling at me because she thought I was crushing her bread. I am worrying about if I will get in trouble/fired. I was expecting to have another day of training.

Today is a day where I really miss her. She'd understand where I'm coming from because she's worked as a cashier for a few years. She'd be telling me that I'm going to be okay, and I'd feel so much better if I was able to talk to her. I miss hearing her voice, and I wish I could hold her right now..

but.. she's got a new boyfriend, and has no interest in talking to me. So I'll complain to LS instead. :D

You need to chill out man. It's a part-time job. You aren't going to be a grocery store cashier/bagger the rest of your life are you? So why so stressed about it? I really feel that you would be a lot better at this job if you just relaxed. It's a part-time summer job to give you some extra money -- you aren't splitting the atom. Like Aaron Rodgers once said: R-E-L-A-X. And stop fantasizing about your terrible ex.

• Like 1
Ijustdon'tgetit

I remember this feeling when I first started working at the cash register, so I can imagine what you're feeling. I was quite nervous too but I kept telling myself to just breathe and do the best I could. I was new and bound to make mistakes so I had to accept it. I tried to compensate by being as friendly as I could and informing customers that I was new and still learning. Especially if something went wrong. Customers are usually understanding when you let them know that.

Try not to worry about it too much. You just started working. I doubt your manager will fire you when you just started. They know when they first hire people that there is a training and learning period. They don't expect you to be perfect nor do they expect you to be good at working the register, etc, right away. (And if they do, they have too high an expectation so they would be wrong to expect it. )

If it takes you longer to learn than most people, research! I love researching to gain insight. I research how it's done. You want to know how to pack the bags, practice making change in case something unexpected happens with the register(well in this case, that's what calculators are for lol,) and so many other techniques to make it easier on you. Oh and the coupons are no big deal but I have a couponing mom! Search all about couponing then you'll get the basics of how the coupon works. Once you understand one, you'll easily understand most of them.

I hope this helps! Like I said don't worry so much! Just do the best that you can and try to enjoy the learning aspect of it!

Edited by Ijustdon'tgetit
  • Author

Thanks, today I felt a bit more comfortable on my own. I forgive myself when I make mistakes, and the customers were usually understanding.

There are a lot of people who are my age at this job, so meeting people shouldn't be difficult. I'm not a mute, and I say hello/introduce myself when I see people. I sat alone during my lunch, and then a table of people formed. They were all my age, and they were talking about alcohol/how drunk they've been/how they feel they should be drinking more. It made me realize another reason I have problems making friends. I connect better with the people who are older than me/younger than me. I don't really party, and getting drunk never interested me.

This has me missing my ex like crazy. She was not into drinking at all, which is why it was great. Instead we did day trips to the city, went to museums, movies, plays, going to each other's house to cuddle/watch TV, walk around the park, etc. It might sound boring, but to me it was always fun. I don't know if I'll find someone who will prefer that stuff again. Everyone my age seems to be into getting blackout drunk/partying. I understand we are young, but that just isn't me. F*ck this..

• Like 2
Thanks, today I felt a bit more comfortable on my own. I forgive myself when I make mistakes, and the customers were usually understanding.

There are a lot of people who are my age at this job, so meeting people shouldn't be difficult. I'm not a mute, and I say hello/introduce myself when I see people. I sat alone during my lunch, and then a table of people formed. They were all my age, and they were talking about alcohol/how drunk they've been/how they feel they should be drinking more. It made me realize another reason I have problems making friends. I connect better with the people who are older than me/younger than me. I don't really party, and getting drunk never interested me.

This has me missing my ex like crazy. She was not into drinking at all, which is why it was great. Instead we did day trips to the city, went to museums, movies, plays, going to each other's house to cuddle/watch TV, walk around the park, etc. It might sound boring, but to me it was always fun. I don't know if I'll find someone who will prefer that stuff again. Everyone my age seems to be into getting blackout drunk/partying. I understand we are young, but that just isn't me. F*ck this..

Me and my ex did those exact same things. Don't worry about not finding a person to do those things with, who also does not go clubbing every day. Because they do exist. My ex was the same way, and our relationship was like that too!

I'm happy you're feeling a bit more comfortable in your own skin! :)

• Like 1
  • Author

Well we did go to a few "parties" on campus, but we didn't drink, and they were sponsored by our school. I hated going because I basically just watched her talk to her friends, and took pictures for them. I stuck to her like I was her pet dog or something, following her everywhere. :sick:

I don't know why but I have been missing her so much lately. I've had trouble sleeping, and have my urges to stalk her Facebook again. I am too afraid to find out that she is still happy with her newest boyfriend, so I doubt I'll do it, but I hate having this urge. I thought it was gone. I've been busy as hell with my new job, and feel like I'm getting a little more comfortable talking to people. It just sucks having no one to talk to when I come home. She'd be the first person I'd text after work, and I'd tell her everything that happened.. :(

mtnbiker3000
I stuck to her like I was her pet dog or something, following her everywhere. :sick:

Well, if nothing else, I hope you learned / understand that this is the absolute worst thing you can do to someone who you respect, and want to respect you in return... You must create and stick to your own boundaries. No exceptions!! That's the only way to command respect. And respect is essential for women to feel towards their man (and vice versa)...

• Like 1
  • Author

I have no idea why I'm having such a hard time recently. I was feeling awesome about everything for such a long time. I think it's because this is the longest I've been NC since the breakup. Almost 2 months of knowing/hearing nothing has me really curious about what she's up to.

Is she still with this dude? Did they break up? Is she really happy with this new guy? They met on a dating app, had one date and then immediately were boyfriend/girlfriend. Does she really love him? How can she just go from "loving" one person to the next? She's had 3 boyfriends this year alone.. Is life for her better without me?

I do believe that I'm feeling better, and am satisfied with just working on myself at the moment. I'd like to have some money, and a better idea of where I want to be after I graduate, rather than find a girlfriend. With every story I read on this site, it makes me realize that this stuff happens to everyone.

mtnbiker3000

Waaaaaay to focused on her. Please, please focus on you and leave her in the past where she belongs. It's quite clear that exactly what she's done with you, and I suggest you do the same!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Hey man, I appreciate you checking in on me.

I've been doing pretty well recently. Just kind of accepting my situation for what it is. She's gone. She's got a new guy. That'll have to be okay because it's the only reality there is. When I'm honest, I know that a relationship with her would never work, for too many reasons.

I have been working a lot, and have been trying to talk to people I work with more and more. I wouldn't say I've made any "friends" but I have definitely made some acquaintances. I also feel much more relaxed. I realized that no one there takes it too seriously, so I've lightened up, and have been better because of it.

I am really dreading going back to school because I believe this time away from her has helped me so much. I don't have to worry about seeing her. EVER. It feels great knowing this, and I think about her less because of it. Once I go back to school, it will be back to looking over my shoulder, wondering what she thinks when she sees me, wondering what her friends think when they see me, etc. Also because I dated her my first 3 years at college, being on campus will always make me think of her a little.

How have you been holding up? I guess no news is good news. right?

• Like 2

Great to hear you're doing this good man! Way better than a few weeks ago, good job. (:

I'm sure that once you get back to school you won't suffer as much as you used to, because you've obviously grown stronger since when you were at school. It'll probably be hard still, but itll be easier than before. Also, you know this man, but I'm gonna say it anyway. It doesn't matter what she thinks of you. Her friends neither. F*ck her AND her friends!

I've been doing okay these past few days. I've started working out after my break up as you may already know, and came to realize my gainz a few days ago. It's only been a month so its not alot, but it's really uplifting. (:

When are you returning to school? I hope you're still doing as good!

• Like 1
  • Author

I seriously hope I don't suffer as much when I go back, but I'd be lying if I said I won't be looking over my shoulder to see if she's around. Seeing her just brings back so many bad feelings.

Not sure why, but I've been feeling really hopeless the past few days. I'm sure it's just the roller coaster of emotions, but I feel like checking her social media. I know how badly it would hurt me, and I hope I don't do it, but it's like I really just want to hurt myself right now.

I feel the same too! I'm talking to other girls and had a great day yesterday but still have a massive urge to break NC tonight!

Don't do it, stay strong!

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks.. I'm having my worst night in the past month tonight.. I was just on Twitter trying to kill time, I don't follow anyone, and mainly use it to follow funny accounts/sports/gaming/world news/etc. Basically I don't follow anyone I actually know. Well, it gave me suggestions of people I should follow, and my ex's friends kept popping up. I blocked my ex, but it's so f*cking annoying having her friends as suggestions. I've blocked them as they popped up, but now I'm freaking out.

I've googled ways to stop this, but haven't found any. Does anyone have any suggestions? My heart is racing right now because I'm so afraid that her new Twitter account will pop up. She made a new account after dumping me the first time, so I assume she'd do the same thing this time. :sick:

Help me LS!

fancy feast
Thanks.. I'm having my worst night in the past month tonight.. I was just on Twitter trying to kill time, I don't follow anyone, and mainly use it to follow funny accounts/sports/gaming/world news/etc. Basically I don't follow anyone I actually know. Well, it gave me suggestions of people I should follow, and my ex's friends kept popping up. I blocked my ex, but it's so f*cking annoying having her friends as suggestions. I've blocked them as they popped up, but now I'm freaking out.

I've googled ways to stop this, but haven't found any. Does anyone have any suggestions? My heart is racing right now because I'm so afraid that her new Twitter account will pop up. She made a new account after dumping me the first time, so I assume she'd do the same thing this time. :sick:

Help me LS!

Use Tweetdeck. No suggestions, or ads, or anything like that. You can just customize it to give you whatever you want.

• Author

I wasn't able to get Tweetdeck for iPhone, but there are other apps that do something similar. I guess I'll need to use one of those if the suggestions become a problem. The app I downloaded will take some getting used to.

I feel better than I did last night, and am happy I didn't act on any of those urges. If I can have nights like last night only once every few months, I'll take it. I believe that the time away from campus has helped me immensely. I've been busy with my job, and the time I'm not working, I'm doing other things to help myself. I also feel a little bit better with talking to people every day. Hopefully I'll be in a better position to meet new people when I go back to school. I still have some moments where I have cotton in my mouth, and can't say anything, but I forgive myself.

Something else I've noticed is how I have a hard time talking to the people who are my age. I was having lunch and there was a college aged girl just staring at her phone. I made a funny observation about something, and sat down next to an older guy. We ended up talking about baseball, and I was completely comfortable. I feel like I should have talked to the girl though.

Also, for some stupid reason, I feel pressure to talk to EVERYONE I'm near, and feel like I'm doing something wrong if I don't. I know this is wrong because I probably won't have something in common with everyone. This is just what goes on in my messed up head.

Buddy, I wan't you to know your not alone as much as I am. Infact I wish I could handle the situation as well as you. I was never cheated on or had anything crazy wild happen but just lost the spark and got no happiness form her anymore for a reason thats unknown to me. We were fighting a lot, communicating very poorly, I unfortunately lost some attraction for her when she put on weight so I broke up with her, immediately freaked out and got her back, broke up with her again for the same anxious worries I had about us and our issues, got her back once more, and last Friday she dumped me and I was starting to have to same worries for the third time in a row.

I can't find happiness in anything right now, its like everything I do is a distraction from my roller coaster of emotions but still its nice knowing that other people think a bit like me too. I think were over thinkers, It makes me and you intelligent people but when it comes to stuff like this it can backfire... really hard. She's sent me three texts in a row today I haven't replied too. I'm doing everything I can to just not reply and do NC but god f***** dammit I feel like I could try it all again. But the same s*** would likely happen.

This isn't about me its about you, you're not alone man. I got your back, stay strong, hopefully I can too. I bet after even more time passes me and you can look back on the day we went to a forum to help deal with some extreme lows in our lives... but it can't be like this forever, not even close. We'll make it dude, I promise

• Like 2
  • Author

Just an update on my progress.

I'm still having a hard time getting to know people who are around my age, but have no trouble talking to people who are 40+. I'm 20, and I feel like there is something wrong with me when I see all of the people my age talking, and I have nothing to say. There are a lot of times where I have a chance to say something to the person at the register next to me, but I just look at the floor or something instead. I have no idea what to talk about. If I knew what to say, I'd say it.

I also found out that a girl who started working the same time as me is dating another dude in the same department. For some reason I felt crappy about this, and that I should have found someone to date already. I know those relationships are frowned upon, but I still feel like I should know more girls by now. One girl gave me her number, but she's in high school, and was just being friendly. I'm not interested in her, but it was the first time that a girl has given me her phone number casually like that. I guess I'd consider her a friend or just someone to talk to.

I know I keep saying it, but I'm really dreading going back to school because I'll have to worry about seeing my ex again. Seeing my ex will definitely set me back.