Online dating: Being a 5ft 8 man is repulsive to women.

Height is the most important factor to women, both online and in real life. Women will never tell you this though because they want to be politically correct.

If height wasn't the most important factor, you would see more couples where the woman is taller than the man.

Can you be short and still do reasonably well with women? Sure. I'm shorter than you and I do okay. But you must first realize and accept the fact that you have the biggest disadvantage possible for a man in dating (and business) in the western world. It's a constant uphill battle and that is very difficult to overcome.

Oh please, what a load of rubbish. All coming from a man if course, who really has no authority on the matter of what women want. :rolleyes:

OP ain't short.

Majority of women couldn't care less about height.

Oh please, what a load of rubbish. All coming from a man if course, who really has no authority on the matter of what women want. :rolleyes:

OP ain't short.

Again, if this were true, you would see more couples where the woman is taller than the man.

Since you barely see any couples where this is true, it obviously matters a great deal.

If not, then what is your explanation for this?

And, yes OP, is considered short or borderline at best, height-wise.

^ I think you see them and just assume they're not a couple. I've known a lot of women dating guys the women towered over, including myself. You probably see them on the street and think they're not together. It is a big thing to some women, but it's not nearly as big a thing to women as women having big boobs is to men! Nonetheless, either way, you just have to find the right person, because everyone is not alike.

thefooloftheyear
Height is the most important factor to women, both online and in real life. Women will never tell you this though because they want to be politically correct.

If height wasn't the most important factor, you would see more couples where the woman is taller than the man.

Can you be short and still do reasonably well with women? Sure. I'm shorter than you and I do okay. But you must first realize and accept the fact that you have the biggest disadvantage possible for a man in dating (and business) in the western world. It's a constant uphill battle and that is very difficult to overcome.

A good looking face and a good body(especially face) will overcome height limitation every day of the week...

I have a cousin that is all of 5'2"....but he has a very good looking mug and a perfect smile...Im telling you, that guy has seen more ass than a toilet seat in Penn Station....:laugh:

TFY

• Like 1
^ I think you see them and just assume they're not a couple. I've known a lot of women dating guys the women towered over, including myself. You probably see them on the street and think they're not together. It is a big thing to some women, but it's not nearly as big a thing to women as women having big boobs is to men! Nonetheless, either way, you just have to find the right person, because everyone is not alike.

LOL wut?

I've never met a man that who lists small boobs as a dealbreaker. I've also never met a woman that said "I would date someone shorter than me." Not once. Ever. I have met women that have said that they must be 6'0 or over, 5'10 or over, etc as a hard requirement.

Duke, I am 5'8 and have never been with a man taller than 5'10.

2 of my exes are shorter than me.

I'm just one example of many women who really don't care.

OP, has your height ever been a concern in your previous relationships?

I just find it strange that a man in his 40's would, all of a sudden, become self-conscious of his height. Is that what online dating does to people now??

• Author

I just find it strange that a man in his 40's would, all of a sudden, become self-conscious of his height. Is that what online dating does to people now??

Never been an issue in real life. Admittedly, I've always had low self esteem but height (although I knew I was shorter than a lot of other guys) was never a factor as I've always maintained an attractive physique (gym junkie!!)

It's only since I dipped my toe in the world of OLD that I've hit the brick wall of 'Not 6ft? Then *** off!'

Is that what online dating does to people now??

pretty much, yes...it chips away at your self-esteem until you are a shell of yourself

OP ain't short.

there is a lot of truth to it. there have been a lot threads were girl post and say they have never dated a guy under 5'10" or 6'

Yes, every pretty girl on match has at least 5'10" for a height requirement. almost all of them.

i am 5'8" and not very handsome, but i have never gotten these insults moy is getting. I live in the US so it could be the people.

Never been an issue in real life. Admittedly, I've always had low self esteem but height (although I knew I was shorter than a lot of other guys) was never a factor as I've always maintained an attractive physique (gym junkie!!)

It's only since I dipped my toe in the world of OLD that I've hit the brick wall of 'Not 6ft? Then *** off!'

Then don't do OLD. Meet women in real life where your height is no issue. Problem solved.

• Like 1
  • Author
Then don't do OLD. Meet women in real life where your height is no issue. Problem solved.

Except in real life they're all married and I don't get out much.......and OLD has destroyed my confidence in real life, too.

Again, if this were true, you would see more couples where the woman is taller than the man.

Since you barely see any couples where this is true, it obviously matters a great deal.

If not, then what is your explanation for this?

And, yes OP, is considered short or borderline at best, height-wise.

At best? Best? So height is better? The only person in this thread making a big deal about height is you.

Oh, and possibly the fact that on average, men are taller than women, could be that. Haha

Hi Moy,

Just think about it this way, if you start to freak out or lose your morale in the club: the women there will have on make up, hair styles based on hair spray, mousse & maybe even a box of hair color, a dress bought just to go to a club in (no other possible event/function could it be worn to), at least one undergarment to push up/flatten down or otherwise alter their natural shape,& finally...heels.

You're there in your natural height, face, body shape...if you get rejected (for a number), then you really might have been saved: who knows what she really looked like, right?? (IMO, no reason to reject for a dance request unless it's a slow one & she just doesn't want a stranger putting their arms around her). Same thing on OLD - all those selfies & bikini photos??? She may not really look like that, at least you are honest about yourself (& abs really really help too, so you have another advantage). Good luck.

• Like 1

Duke nukem,

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Average_height_around_the_world

Here, average height women around the world tend to be about 10-15cm shorter than the average man. It's not because we want it that way, its how we are. Yes, you will see the occasional tall woman with a short man, and if we are going down this path.. I have been rejected by a man for being "too tall". So therefore all men are shallow and care about height above everything else, yes?

Is there ANY way out of this?

You can be any height you want in the virtual world.

I was hatched from the sperm of a 5'8" guy who managed to be married nearly all his life and had three kids. Just a quiet, unassuming, very average CPA. Of course, the male catalog that OLD is didn't exist back then.

• Like 1
  • Author
Hi Moy,

Just think about it this way, if you start to freak out or lose your morale in the club: the women there will have on make up, hair styles based on hair spray, mousse & maybe even a box of hair color, a dress bought just to go to a club in (no other possible event/function could it be worn to), at least one undergarment to push up/flatten down or otherwise alter their natural shape,& finally...heels.

You're there in your natural height, face, body shape...if you get rejected (for a number), then you really might have been saved: who knows what she really looked like, right?? (IMO, no reason to reject for a dance request unless it's a slow one & she just doesn't want a stranger putting their arms around her). Same thing on OLD - all those selfies & bikini photos??? She may not really look like that, at least you are honest about yourself (& abs really really help too, so you have another advantage). Good luck.

Thanks, I never thought of it like that!

Oh and abs really don't help. At all. Case in point: my avatar.

Try meeting America women online? Maybe it's just me, but British accents are the best. I dated a guy for a while who was not at all attractive, terrible at sex, and kind of an arrogant ass (and he was shorter than me but that wasn't at all a problem). We broke up and I started trying to figure out why we had even dated as long as we had and the only thing I could come up with was his British accent. So if you're good looking, nice body, nice personality, PLUS an accent, you sound fantastic.

• Author
Try meeting America women online? Maybe it's just me, but British accents are the best. I dated a guy for a while who was not at all attractive, terrible at sex, and kind of an arrogant ass (and he was shorter than me but that wasn't at all a problem). We broke up and I started trying to figure out why we had even dated as long as we had and the only thing I could come up with was his British accent. So if you're good looking, nice body, nice personality, PLUS an accent, you sound fantastic.

I'm not doing online anymore. After two years, zero dates and a steady stream of 'eww' it has broken me down.

Online just bump up your height by an inch. Chances are her pic will show less kgs than her current weight. I've heard of guys already over 6' who still lie online and add on another inch or two, simply to out shine their competition by more. Its BS, but there is a lot of BS on the dating scene when it comes to beating someone else out to get the desired guy or girl. Some women will pick up on it immediately when you meet them, as I heard of few who say when they meet the guy and stand close they do quick evaluation and mental calculation of his height relative to theirs, and will immediately write the guy off if they find he has overstated his height. Other women wont be so pedantic over it and will give you a fair shot with the date. That extra inch might get you out of the eeeww zone for a bigger % of women online. I just saw you are quitting OLD not a bad idea, but if you do go back to Tinder add an inch

An inch or two really shouldn't make any real difference for a hookup when it comes to ability to have a good time, but it does just because height is intrinsically linked to attractiveness & desirability for many women (not all by any means, but more likely for the better looking/slimmer women in my observations) OLD is a shopping catalog where the best items cost no more then the shoddy ones. Like a slimmer waist tends turns on guys more. How many women would lie if that stat had to entered on an OLD site.

I don't think that lying about your height is a good idea. It's definitely going to show. Honestly, most women don't care about height, but most of us DO care about lying. Moreover, you don't need to lie or feel self conscious about 5"8. No need whatsoever.