on beautiful people dating site I don't know what to expect

Leigh 87

• Author
OK, what you are looking for in a guy seems to be very grounded in reality.

Though I do hope you realize that the bald overweight guy you liked would never be approved by that site. Glasses guy too depending on how he looked.

Yet from the moment I met them we had a spark. I was infatuated with both men - highly attracted from day one.

And they seemed to feel the same - and I know that the beautiful people guys are less likely to feel infatuated with a girl like me since I am not a supermodel look alike.

Where as those every day guys were able to RETURN my feelings of lust and infatuation; if they were those beautiful people guys who had loads of the hottest women to pick from - they would likely not have felt as happy to have a girl with my looks...(glasses and balding guy were thrilled to have me, and me them).

If anyone were to have told me that my Irish "wasn't hot" I would have seriously told them to go and f&ck themselves:mad:

My Irish was so adorable and sexy, he is the man I have been the most attracted to in my entire life. He was far from conventionally hot but yeah, the best sex ever and man oh man.... He had me badly...

I have slept with "hot" guys and they just didn't compare to my Irish...

The reason people are giving you a hard time is because that site is strictly for shallow women where the only thing they care about is looks. It's basically a site that says normal guys aren't good enough. It also means that most of the guys there are only good looking and probably have nothing else going for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the average guy there sleeps with a lot of girls he meets from there.

Well it isn't cool of that poster to have pointed out that I am surely not very attractive to most people and my attitude isn't justified.

How rude.

• Author
This is just an observation here because I notice detail ALOT...thats the second selfie on your avi since you started this thread why do you keep changing your avi pic to selfies? out of all the regular members on this site you are the only one ive ever known to have her avi pic be a selfie almost 24/7 since I joined why is that? the devil is always in the details..

Because I didn't appreciate being insulted by that jackass who made a rude remark over my looks.

I feel like having a smaller picture of my face that doesn't show the whole thing, so rude people can refrain from making ... rude comments.

Because I didn't appreciate being insulted by that jackass who made a rude remark over my looks.

I feel like having a smaller picture of my face that doesn't show the whole thing, so rude people can refrain from making ... rude comments.

I didn't see any rude comments about your face? and this isn't a new thing like I say your avi pic is ALWAYS a selfie...

• Author
Reminds me of the date I had with a cosmetic surgeon who said that I could do with lip injections and critiqued my not 100% symmetrical face. I wanted to say to him that he needs to wash 'cause he smelt strongly of BO :p

Gotta love those cosmetic guys. They always come up to me on the street or in bars and often say " sorry but I have to say, you have such great lips and eyes - if you had your nose straightened (a nose job), you would be a 9 or 10"

Yep actual strangers in bars who happen to be cosmetic surgeons.

I actively avoid guys who introduce comments about my looks too soon into getting to know me. They have always turned into bad eggs imo. Anyway cosmetic surgeon turned into a right creeper. After we met up, we had to get the same train as we lived near each other...and the dude kept getting creepier...he actually sexually harassed me, pushed me in a corner and touched my breast...I was so glad when he got off the train :o

Yeah I have had men tell me " women pay to have lips like yours" which is flattering but a very strange thing to tell me on a first date, as much as I love compliments.

And I am so sorry you got assaulted, that is just disgusting:sick:

Anyway, regarding that website...I quite like doing fun experiments but I'd rather not submit myself to the criticism of strangers. I will take tips on my look from people I know in real life. And I have enough people who I'm thinking so I'd rather stick with that than open myself up to more judgement. Plus, I kind of worry that the type of guys who use that site would be really conceited or shallow.

Some of the guys on that site are bound to be dreadful.

However, I do think there will be a few who simply know they are hot, and want to date hot girls. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

• Author
I didn't see any rude comments about your face? and this isn't a new thing like I say your avi pic is ALWAYS a selfie...

I know.

I like to celebrate being 28 and still relatively attractive. Looks fade and I wanna enjoy my looks while they last.

Come 50, I won't want to take selfies.

Plus people deserve an honest portrayal of me so they can see who they are talking with given I have been on here a lot longer than you and some posters are probably curious to see what I look like.

Another poster does the selfie thing and I like that I can see what she looks like, given she has been around here a fair while.

Some girls like selfies I guess, *shrugs*

LoveRefreshed

I am probably the rude one she is talking about.

I wasn't being rude, just putting it in perspective. That site is to give a feeling of elitism (Elitism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) to people. In reality, mostly, it will be a group of good looking guys picking girls who they would **** and automatically making them feel special.

Coming here and saying "I just find myself more attractive than everyone I get messages from" is the attitude most girls have who are shallow, conceited, self centered and have an inflated self ego.

To be honest, it seems you came here seeking validation that you are indeed attractive and worthy to be on the site by means of "reverse psychology" or whatever it's really called; feigning modesty is how I see it..

My whole point is that attraction is subjective, how you even see it, but yet, honestly are what? Thinking this site is going to let you find that awesome blow chemistry because these men fit the norms of societal attraction? Give me a break. This whole question was going to get an overwhelming consensus response of being completely shallow. You came here for the thrill of bragging to someone that you are "Beautiful".

• Like 2

They purportedly got sick of joining regular dating sites and having 1000's of messages from people they were not attracted to.

Welcome to the real world... where real people exist...

What attitude?

I don't think I am so great, I think I am attractive to some but not others. Enough people fancy me for me to have options and that is it - like many women my age!

I have clearly stated that I know I probably shouldn't have been voted onto the site....

I don't need to seek validation since there are always men who are very attracted to me - and yes I realise, just as many men ARE NOT attracted.

I was genuinely curious as to whether a girl like me could get the membership lol.

90% of your posts on this site (no matter what the thread topic) include extensive exposition about your looks, hair, perfect teeth, large boobs, curvy figure, nice smile, great skin, etc., etc., etc. Then after you finish expounding upon how great your looks are, you try to minimize it by saying you don't think you are very attractive or are just normal looking. This comes across as a desperate need for validation. You seem to want people to say "Oh no, Leigh. You are far from average looking!" or the like.

You seem intensely focused on your looks and how attractive you are. Why not just own it if you think you are attractive? If you truly didn't think you were so great, it would've never even occurred to you to apply for a beautiful people dating site. So that tells me all of your protests that you never thought a girl like you would be approved are pretty empty.

• Like 14
I know.

I like to celebrate being 28 and still relatively attractive. Looks fade and I wanna enjoy my looks while they last.

Plus people deserve an honest portrayal of me so they can see who they are talking with given I have been on here a lot longer than you and some posters are probably curious to see what I look like.

Another poster does the selfie thing and I like that I can see what she looks like, given she has been around here a fair while.

Some girls like selfies I guess, *shrugs*

Wait so because you have been here longer then me its important we know what you look like? Leigh your not even making sense here and im sorry but I suspect there are other reasons your avi is a selfie 24/7..or some variation of one..you might not even realize why yourself but I think you might benefit from some counseling to figure out why you need validation as much as you seam to..

You can argue that all you like but to others its kind of clear..Also the "im not that pretty" thing is starting to kind of seam passive aggressive in some way I cant quite put my finger on all of it but somethings up..im not trying to be a smart ass here im genuine when I say these things..

• Author
Welcome to the real world... where real people exist...

And who says they have anything against real people ?

If they are really good looking then what's wrong with them wanting to find other good looking people to date ?

I don't consider myself one of them and I date a whole host of different types. But I don't feel they are necessarily bad people for wanting a website of strictly attractive people.

I know.

Pleaaase! that is insulting. I look better at 49 than I looked at 28. Smoking, drinking, partying, bad eating habits, exposure to the sun will take your looks away, not age. At my age I don't have a wrinkle, my mother is 68 and does not have a wrinkle. You can be beautiful all of your life if you have a healthy life style.

• Like 1
Rejected Rosebud

The reason people are giving you a hard time is because that site is strictly for shallow women where the only thing they care about is looks. It's basically a site that says normal guys aren't good enough.

?? I don't think so, it's also a site just as much for shallow men who aren't going to date any women who aren't pretty cause they are not good enough!! Anyway I went and had a look at it thanks to this thread, I'd never even heard of it before! And I am not seeing amazingly beautiful people on it whether they are men or women, they are basically not ugly and not overweight, that's about it. I read that there is some kind of fake out in the way the "voting" goes too!!:laugh:
Wait so because you have been here longer then me its important we know what you look like? Leigh your not even making sense here and im sorry but I suspect there are other reasons your avi is a selfie 24/7..or some variation of one..you might not even realize why yourself but I think you might benefit from some counseling to figure out why you need validation as much as you seam to..

You can argue that all you like but to others its kind of clear..Also the "im not that pretty" thing is starting to kind of seam passive aggressive in some way I cant quite put my finger on all of it but somethings up..im not trying to be a smart ass here im genuine when I say these things..

I was kinda curious what she looked like, but only because she CONSTANTLY mentions her looks. I've never wondered what the rest of you look like.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I thought it was a parody when I first read the title.

I have no experience with it but find the entire premise a bit ridiculous.

I wouldn't ever join a site like that (and I don't doubt I'd be accepted) and would not be able to take any man seriously who said he's on beautifulpeople.com, sorry.

I'm all for sites which cater to certain demographics like certain religions or ethnicities or professionals but "beautiful people"....yea, no.

How are the men? Do you find most of them beautiful?

• Like 1
I expect you will find a lot of vain and selfish people to date.

If you're truly beautiful, and need to use a dating website, your personality must suck something rotten.

EDIT:

I expect you will find a lot of vain, selfish and *good looking* people to date.

I find someone who can say something like that terribly ignorant and must not know what it's like to be in a new city, or have a busy and successful life where meeting and having the time to get to know them gets harder.

Mmm as for the beautiful people site itself, I wouldn't consider it myself, for OKcupid I got unlocked for the hot people matches hahaha, I didn't even know that existed, but where as the concept sounds shallow, attraction and chemistry is important and integral part of a relationship. Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder, and I need to be attracted to my partner to start off a relationship. That site focuses on what's important to the members, as many other sites do, jdate, Christian singles, etc etc, everyone has something that really matters, so who cares is it's religion, or physical attractiveness. It doesn't affect you so who cares.

• Like 1
Typically the average woman is more attractive than the average man. Also men are less picky than women when it comes to looks.

Of course you would say that. As a straight woman I would have to disagree with you. And come on, as if men are less picky! We are constantly hearing (from men) precisely how a woman should look in order to be attractive.

SweetLikeCinnamon

I'm on Beautiful People too and ironically I don't find guys I'm attracted to any more frequently there than on regular sites. But I think that may be because I don't find the typical masculine/six pack look attractive (personal preference, I prefer the 'rocker' type).

LoveRefreshed
I find someone who can say something like that terribly ignorant and must not know what it's like to be in a new city, or have a busy and successful life where meeting and having the time to get to know them gets harder.

Mmm as for the beautiful people site itself, I wouldn't consider it myself, for OKcupid I got unlocked for the hot people matches hahaha, I didn't even know that existed, but where as the concept sounds shallow, attraction and chemistry is important and integral part of a relationship. Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder, and I need to be attracted to my partner to start off a relationship. That site focuses on what's important to the members, as many other sites do, jdate, Christian singles, etc etc, everyone has something that really matters, so who cares is it's religion, or physical attractiveness. It doesn't affect you so who cares.

I don't care about OLD. Personally, my personality is charming and I have a great laugh. None of which work well on OLD. I was commenting on a site that has a vote of physical qualities to be a member of- And that is what I find shallow, not OLD like OKC. Congrats on your ego stroke of making it to the hot member club on OKC. I bet you have a better chance of finding your match, right?

Jesus. I think OLD is a waste of everyone's goddamned time. Trying to force something that should be natural. Too busy multidating and running here to meet this good looking chap and there to meet that chap.. Rather than spending time focusing on yourself, doing things for you, and letting the chance and magic happen of meeting someone truly charming because that is the guy/girl you will notice during this time. Stop preoccupying yourself with trying to not feel lonely and wasting time with people you just feel meh about because it was convenient to set up a date with them.

• Like 1

Sorry to ruin it for you but that OKC thing is a marketing ploy- everyone gets it after they have been on the site a while, google it....

The rule of thumb with dating sites is that everything they say is to be taken with a very large handful of salt as there is sleight of hand going on all the time.

?? I don't think so, it's also a site just as much for shallow men who aren't going to date any women who aren't pretty cause they are not good enough!! Anyway I went and had a look at it thanks to this thread, I'd never even heard of it before! And I am not seeing amazingly beautiful people on it whether they are men or women, they are basically not ugly and not overweight, that's about it. I read that there is some kind of fake out in the way the "voting" goes too!!:laugh:

I agree. Its not a site just for shallow women. The men are on there for the same reason. There is stigma attached to joining of course, because of the obvious differential selling aspect of the date site, but really many of the users on the regular date sites use it in a shallow way too. Sure they may want the face to face chemistry and the person to have a good career and interesting life, and a bit of attitude, but they need to be attractive to begin with to be messaged. The better looking on the conventional sites will do a lot better then the rest.

I guess many women would appreciate a site where 80% of the msgs they get will come from attractive to reasonably attractive men, but they'll probably only get 10% of the volume compared to OKC or whatever, but I suspect many would prefer the guy they date be modest rather than think of himself as only good enough for the 'beautifulpeople' and is not primarily focused on beauty when it comes to them. I don't get why an attractive women on a regular site would not get the attractive guys on there contacting her though. Theoretically she should stand out more from the other women.

Whats this voting fake out? I thought other members vote you in (tho the owners could rig it behind the scenes). It would be interesting to see the M/F voting. My guess is people would likely vote out a less attractive member of the opposite sex and let in less attractive members of the same sex to dilute the quality of their competition..but at the same time you would also want to let less of your own sex in to reduce the competition.

I would never attempt to use that site.

For 1, getting rejected would SUCK, and secondly, indeed I would be worried about the level of shallowness that might be found on that site, and like others posters said, the proclivity for flings.

On a similar yet different note, I've considered looking into farmersonly.com

I'm on Beautiful People too and ironically I don't find guys I'm attracted to any more frequently there than on regular sites. But I think that may be because I don't find the typical masculine/six pack look attractive (personal preference, I prefer the 'rocker' type).

Good looking rocker/edgy/alt type guys would probably get in if they applied, but they probably don't consider themselves like that or what to be part of that crowd (even if they are a bit vain about their image). The reality is good looking tatted up rocker/edgy/alt scene men & women don't need to use dating sites. They get noticed and tend to have plenty of people flirting with them IRL. My friends (objectively avg looks minus the long hair/make up/cool look clothing/jewellery) who were in bands seemed to be never short of some girl to call up at short notice. I guess you could say the same of the beautifulpeople people though, unless they are new to town, very busy with career/studies, introverted, looking for a certain type, or want to avoid the usual type in their social circles.

• Author
I agree. Its not a site just for shallow women. The men are on there for the same reason. There is stigma attached to joining of course, because of the obvious differential selling aspect of the date site, but really many of the users on the regular date sites use it in a shallow way too. Sure they may want the face to face chemistry and the person to have a good career and interesting life, and a bit of attitude, but they need to be attractive to begin with to be messaged. The better looking on the conventional sites will do a lot better then the rest.

I guess many women would appreciate a site where 80% of the msgs they get will come from attractive to reasonably attractive men, but they'll probably only get 10% of the volume compared to OKC or whatever, but I suspect many would prefer the guy they date be modest rather than think of himself as only good enough for the 'beautifulpeople' and is not primarily focused on beauty when it comes to them. I don't get why an attractive women on a regular site would not get the attractive guys on there contacting her though. Theoretically she should stand out more from the other women.

I didn't get many attractive guys messaging me. Maybe one or two? On the regular boards.

And I don't consider myself a girl who aims out of her league either! The men I have gone for were also very attracted to me.

I guess the men who message me ARE my league, and yet I am just not attracted to my league when it comes to online...

They aren't all bad looking just... I am not attracted to certain ethnicities, and mostly middle eastern or darker men message me, when I prefer blue eyes and my own colouring.

Or I don't mind brown eyes at all, but again, I am just not attracted to the middle eastern men. Brown eyes and Caucasian is fine!

Whats this voting fake out? I thought other members vote you in (tho the owners could rig it behind the scenes). It would be interesting to see the M/F voting. My guess is people would likely vote out a less attractive member of the opposite sex and let in less attractive members of the same sex to dilute the quality of their competition..but at the same time you would also want to let less of your own sex in to reduce the competition.

Only men voted me in.

Only women can vote the men in.

• Author
I would never attempt to use that site.

For 1, getting rejected would SUCK, and secondly, indeed I would be worried about the level of shallowness that might be found on that site, and like others posters said, the proclivity for flings.

On a similar yet different note, I've considered looking into farmersonly.com

Well the people in the site probably know they are good looking and feel entitled to only date other good looking people.

That is where I differ from people on that website; I know I am only hot to some people and just as many people don't find me that attractive.

I don't feel entitled to a hot guy nor have I ever been that attracted to them - I prefer cute guys with imperfections.

So yeah. I am certainly not a girl who thinks hey, I an entitled to hot guys because I am so hot:sick: you know, I am hot to some men but not others and so....

I don't end up with hot guys approaching me for more than just sex, and so I figure well, I am not a model look alike who hot guys flock to, so what the heck am I doing on a site full of said men?

I deff don't fit in and I doubt many of the local guys will deem me hot enough to message lol.

I haven't gone on the site yet since getting accepted and not sure it will be a feasible way for a girl like me, to meet men.....

• Author

And not only shallow women join.

I am not shallow - I go for average guys within my league, and who I find cute and feel hot for.

Most women on the site could very well be shallow - the women who are really attractive probably only date the hottest men - so it is fair enough that they want an online dating site that caters to their needs.

I don't see what is wrong with that. I didn't join for the reasons those women joined - I don't have the hot guys all flock to me and ask to date me. I am not in THOSE women's leagues look wise.

However, why are those types of women on the site shallow for thinking " well, I only ever date hot guys, so it is a good idea to go on a website where the types of guys I date go?"

I just don't see what is so shallow about those good looking women KNOWING they are hot, and wanting to seek out guys in their league?

I am well aware most of the men on the website are above my league look wise but I tried to get in for the sake of it.

What is so wrong with the truly beautiful people on that site who simply want to date within their league?