on beautiful people dating site I don't know what to expect

Leigh 87

What if that website is just full of average ppl who think they're beautiful? What if it's just full of fakers? I've never even heard of it. Is it new? How could you use that website and not be embarrassed to tell people?

Ha ha - of course... The real beautiful people website is a carefully guarded secret. This one is just a decoy to keep the overconfident-but-average-looking folks busy.

• Like 5
  • Author
Oh and if you have a cute slightly crooked tooth or they decide that your boobs are the wrong size etc they will tell you.

Narcissist City that site. But at least the guys will be good looking.

Good luck!

I have a prefect smile. I am also thin with large breasts.

But my nose is crooked so I am sure that would be brought up:lmao:

Yeah.

I think I will take my imperfect tooth- Irish, or the overweight and bald metal head - any day of the week:love: Each of those men were instantly attractive to me despite not being beautiful.com members... Their imperfections are what attracted me to them. There was just something about them (and me) that generated intense chemistry, and when I got a glimpse of their.. imperfect teeth or what not - it made me more attracted to them.

There imperfections were SO attractive to me.

I suppose in real life, I felt the chemistry with these men; online, I find it harder to instantly think someone is attractive to me since I cannot get a feel as to how we would interact and whether or not we would have chemistry.

I just get inboxed by men who I am never attracted to.

Anyway, I think I will end up meeting my future husband in real life - at college or on a train or in a bookstore -The whole principal of online sucks since I want to just run into someone by chance when I am not actively looking.

I thought it would be fun to go on a date with some sexy guys, as something fun to do during my studies, something to look forward to Friday night? If the members are that callous I will likely laugh in their face if they are really that bad and never go on another date from that website ever again:lmao:

I sort of doubt I will go on a date from the beautiful people website ....

I have a prefect smile. I am also thin with large breasts.

déjà vu?

Seriously Leigh, you're beginning to sound like a broken record. Ever thought about taking a break from dating? Or do you need constant validation from the opposite sex?

Focus on your studies, friends, family.. Anything else.

• Author
déjà vu?

Seriously Leigh, you're beginning to sound like a broken record. Ever thought about taking a break from dating? Or do you need constant validation from the opposite sex?

Focus on your studies, friends, family.. Anything else.

I am taking a break. I want to enjoy being single unless a guy I am excited about comes along in my every day life then I won't say no to it.

I have a crooked nose so I didn't think I would actually get accepted since I am not a model or anything. I am surprised I got accepted.

I didn't really plan to go on dates lol. More just to see if I would get in.

Then last night I was wondering if I should give it a go but based on what people have said, it sounds a little scary and not my type of scene really. I don't really need men I go on a date with to suggest I get a nose job lol. I am aloud to think I need one but I don't want a first date guy to tell me:lmao:

So you are asking if people on a website called beautiful people dot com, were you have to be voted on based on looks... are going to be shallow?

• Like 1
So you are asking if people on a website called beautiful people dot com, were you have to be voted on based on looks... are going to be shallow?

Yep...

... tell me you see the irony too! :laugh:

I am waiting for "Brightpeople.com" where you have to fill in a questionnaire on quantum physics within 5 minutes and only get accepted if you get a 99% pass rate...

• Like 4
LoveRefreshed
Yep...

... tell me you see the irony too! :laugh:

I am waiting for "Brightpeople.com" where you have to fill in a questionnaire on quantum physics within 5 minutes and only get accepted if you get a 99% pass rate...

Good god, as a phD chemist, I would use this site to identify those I should avoid as well.

A don't see the use of a site like this.

I want to meet men that are attractive to ME.

If 10% of men on regular dating sites are attractive to me I expect only 10% of men on that beautifulsite will be as well.

As for the other way around. I am a nice looking woman that stands out on regular dating sites, I am not sure I want to be on a site where all women around me are real competition lol !!

• Like 1
As for the other way around. I am a nice looking woman that stands out on regular dating sites, I am not sure I want to be on a site where all women around me are real competition lol !!

lol. that's another (and valid) way of looking at it.

Though if the bottom 10% on the BP site is equivalent to the top 20% on your OKC site, then some women might decide its better to battle it out bottom of the BP men than wait for the cream of the riff raff men to ask them out. ;)

• Like 2
  • Author

Lets look at this logically. I want both sites of this debate to be represented.

Yes, going purely on looks is a bad indicator of a good character. I have never personally gone purely for looks alone. On the other hand, it seems innocuous enough; member claim to just want a dating site where they can find partners who are of their equal in the looks department.

They purportedly got sick of joining regular dating sites and having 1000's of messages from people they were not attracted to.

I am genuinely curious as to whether some of the members are decent people who simply got sick of people they weren't attracted to messaging them online? I mean, I mostly get messaged by men I am not that attracted to, I think most of us can attest to that.. that those who message us aren't people we find attractive?

Surely people who are good looking can be nice people? Who just want to date other attractive people?

I am not one of those people that goes for hot guys - I really don't. It has never made an iota of difference when it comes to the it factor or spark... where my men where the hottest thing to me since I was infatuated with them at the time.

I guess I am more curious about the whole scene.

It sounds like there will be some really awful people and then again, perhaps some people who simply got sick of the regular online dating and felt they wanted to seek out similar looking people to them?

Maybe there should be online sites for certain "types", where people can access the types of people they are into?

I dunno lol. Just throwing suggestions out there!

LoveRefreshed

I think it's high and mighty, and a bit conceited that you know what you think is your equal when it comes to physical beauty. I will avoid personal insults, but let's just say that looks are obviously subjective and we have different perspectives.

People can do whatever the hell they want. You want to sit here and debate the merits of the website? I concede. There is nothing wrong with such a website if people want to use it. Just like there is nothing wrong with people who like to watch anime or be part of a metal band forum.

To each their own, but if you want to discuss an expectation, a generalization about the people on the website (as per your thread topic), then let's not debate the merits of it. I think you're a fool if you think that website is going to be your key to the "initial chemistry" you desire. That is called lust, and is far from love. I have been trying to tell girlfriends of mine this for a long time. They can't figure out why they keep getting dud dates, and in relationships with terrible people, and guys seeking only a ****. What they feel is lust and desire, it's not a real emotional connection. I am not saying that will not come with these people over time, but time is what it takes to love. That chemistry is never instant. What about this nice guy or that guy who likes you? Women and men alike who require good looks while the rest are options instead of weighing the whole package end up in these situations. For me, this whole dating site is nothing but the perfect storm for confusion among the shallow who are searching true love.

Best of luck with it still, but you don't need to justify to us, your want to be on the site. That's fine, with your perfect smile in which I hope you are doing so, smugly, as you log in. However, don't be surprised by the shallowness you find there, that is all we are saying.

• Like 3
Lets look at this logically. I want both sites of this debate to be represented.

This is not a debate you joined a dateing site for shallow people simple as that what is there to debate here?

Yes, going purely on looks is a bad indicator of a good character. I have never personally gone purely for looks alone.

If this the the truth then why join a site 100% devoted to looks?

They purportedly got sick of joining regular dating sites and having 1000's of messages from people they were not attracted to.

Thats life and honestly this is a arrogant and self absorbed attitude imo "how dare those ugly peasants message me" seriously? like how hard is it to just not respond or send a polite response..

Maybe there should be online sites for certain "types", where people can access the types of people they are into?

There are heaps of speiclised dateing sites everything from geeks to plus size to anyother kind of group one could want but they might have gasp *uguly people* in them..:rolleyes:

I dunno lol. Just throwing suggestions out there!

No your not your eather attention seeking or pourposely trying to get a rise im not to sure witch here and now that your not getting the positive reinforcement you were hopeing for your playing the "oh it was just a joke" safety card.. why do you NEED validation that you look good so badly Leigh?

Edit to add now that I think about it this thread itself is a nice big slap in the face to anyone on here whos ever had a hard time OLD and all the guys who never get even a message back did you even consider how it would make some feel before you created it? I bet not..

Edited by TigerLilly78
  • Like 2

I'm assuming that it's a lot easier for a woman to be approved for that site than for men to. Typically the average woman is more attractive than the average man. Also men are less picky than women when it comes to looks.

I wouldn't be surprised if the site is filled with lots of normal looking girls and model quality guys.

• Like 1
LoveRefreshed
I'm assuming that it's a lot easier for a woman to be approved for that site than for men to. Typically the average woman is more attractive than the average man. Also men are less picky than women when it comes to looks.

I wouldn't be surprised if the site is filled with lots of normal looking girls and model quality guys.

Both you and tigerlily mirror my thoughts exactly.

I will tell you why Tiger, because everyone is insecure to some extent, and if the pic is really leigh in her profile, well let's just say that her attitude is not justified by it. IMO. So she comes seeking validation for her insecurities, like most do.

• Like 1
  • Author

I have stressed numerous times that the men I have that instant spark with are NEVER the hottest guys.

The guys who have made me fall the hardest never NEVER been the hottest.

I am not looking for the best looking people. I am not the best looking person!

I wanted to give a website a go that would have less men that I wasn't attracted to, basically.

And yes chemistry is instant for me and certain men I meet. And again - it is their energy and just something about them -

I do look for that special spark that makes me and the guy both mutually "excited" about seeing each other after the first date, opposed to being " meh, I am not excited but they were a nice person so I will give it a go even though I don't get excited when they text"

I am not after a hot guy, lets put that just put that out there!

I am not sure I can fault the people on the website for wanting equally attractive partners.

I do not consider myself to be at their level look wise quiet frankly, however; a lot of the members are really attractive, why are they bad people for wanting a dating site that caters to their level?

There are valid points on either side of the debate.

• Author
Both you and tigerlily mirror my thoughts exactly.

I will tell you why Tiger, because everyone is insecure to some extent, and if the pic is really leigh in her profile, well let's just say that her attitude is not justified by it. IMO. So she comes seeking validation for her insecurities, like most do.

What attitude?

I don't think I am so great, I think I am attractive to some but not others. Enough people fancy me for me to have options and that is it - like many women my age!

I have clearly stated that I know I probably shouldn't have been voted onto the site....

I don't need to seek validation since there are always men who are very attracted to me - and yes I realise, just as many men ARE NOT attracted.

I was genuinely curious as to whether a girl like me could get the membership lol.

I have stressed numerous times that the men I have that instant spark with are NEVER the hottest guys.

The guys who have made me fall the hardest never NEVER been the hottest.

I am not looking for the best looking people. I am not the best looking person!

I wanted to give a website a go that would have less men that I wasn't attracted to, basically.

And yes chemistry is instant for me and certain men I meet. And again - it is their energy and just something about them -

I do look for that special spark that makes me and the guy both mutually "excited" about seeing each other after the first date, opposed to being " meh, I am not excited but they were a nice person so I will give it a go even though I don't get excited when they text"

I am not after a hot guy, lets put that just put that out there!

I am not sure I can fault the people on the website for wanting equally attractive partners.

I do not consider myself to be at their level look wise quiet frankly, however; a lot of the members are really attractive, why are they bad people for wanting a dating site that caters to their level?

There are valid points on either side of the debate.

Why do you keep mentioning that you never feel an instant spark for the hottest guy? Does that mean you are looking for the second hottest guy?

Are you trying to say that you joined that site so you wouldn't be messaged by men who are unattractive? That only guys who are good looking enough, can contact you?

• Author

tigerlily - actually, I don't feel mad at guys who message me - if I am not attracted I am flattered but don't respond.

I don't have time to respond to hundreds of messages from men I have no attraction to.

I just don't respond - but I don't feel BAD at them. I don't find them AUDACIOUS for messaging me -why is it a bad thing that a guy I am not attracted to, sent me a message?

I have always turned away guys in my every day life in a polite and gracious manner. I have been flattered - never have I felt " ew, why did THEY think they had a shot":sick:

I just don't have the time to send 10 - 20 rejection emails a day to men I have never spoken to before. I thought there would be less chance of me coming across men I am not attracted to on beautiful people......

So I joined to see if I would get accepted - which I am sincerely shocked that I did - and then I thought " well, at least I wont have to ignore most messages guys send me since I will likely be attracted enough to meet them, providing they sound like a nice person"

• Author
Why do you keep mentioning that you never feel an instant spark for the hottest guy? Does that mean you are looking for the second hottest guy?

Are you trying to say that you joined that site so you wouldn't be messaged by men who are unattractive? That only guys who are good looking enough, can contact you?

I don't look for any type of guy in particular.

I just feel it with certain men that I randomly encounter in public; it was at a rock concert a few months back and more recently, on a train. They were totally different types!

One was overweight and bald. The other was a skinny guy with glasses and an Irish accent.

So ya. I am open to encountering chemistry and attraction with all different types of men. Fat, thin, bald, long hair, different ethnicities...

I joined to see if I would get accepted and last night I thought " well, at least I will be attracted to most men who message me, so I can get to the personality part and see if they are nice"

If I am plain not attracted on okcupid I don't message back, I don't have time nor do I want a relationship badly enough to "see how their personality is" if I am just not attracted to their picture.

I thought beautiful people would eliminate THAT one little thing ^^^^^^

Now I am not sure I will actually use it. Still deciding.

• Author

And yeah the site is full of girls like me who yes, we have a nice smile but we aren't model material.

The guys are all model material.

Hence why I feel uncomfortable at the prospect of dating such guys - I have never felt instant chemistry, sparks or attraction for THOSE types of guys.

I find imperfections hot, hence the types of guys I have fallen hard for and had the instant spark with - they were unique and different and not a model cut out...

Can you see why I am having second thoughts now? It sort of goes against the types of men I have fallen for...

Plus I am not really keen to have men on first dates, tell me that " gee you would be beautiful if you got a nose job" or anything of that nature:sick:

Well Leigh you def wont find any balding overweight Irish guys with bad teeth on "beautiful people.com" so you might want to rethink this strategy of yours..:rolleyes:

• Like 1
I don't look for any type of guy in particular.

I just feel it with certain men that I randomly encounter in public; it was at a rock concert a few months back and more recently, on a train. They were totally different types!

One was overweight and bald. The other was a skinny guy with glasses and an Irish accent.

So ya. I am open to encountering chemistry and attraction with all different types of men. Fat, thin, bald, long hair, different ethnicities...

I joined to see if I would get accepted and last night I thought " well, at least I will be attracted to most men who message me, so I can get to the personality part and see if they are nice"

If I am plain not attracted on okcupid I don't message back, I don't have time nor do I want a relationship badly enough to "see how their personality is" if I am just not attracted to their picture.

I thought beautiful people would eliminate THAT one little thing ^^^^^^

Now I am not sure I will actually use it. Still deciding.

OK, what you are looking for in a guy seems to be very grounded in reality.

Though I do hope you realize that the bald overweight guy you liked would never be approved by that site. Glasses guy too depending on how he looked.

And yeah the site is full of girls like me who yes, we have a nice smile but we aren't model material.

The guys are all model material.

Hence why I feel uncomfortable at the prospect of dating such guys - I have never felt instant chemistry, sparks or attraction for THOSE types of guys.

I find imperfections hot, hence the types of guys I have fallen hard for and had the instant spark with - they were unique and different and not a model cut out...

Can you see why I am having second thoughts now? It sort of goes against the types of men I have fallen for...

Plus I am not really keen to have men on first dates, tell me that " gee you would be beautiful if you got a nose job" or anything of that nature:sick:

The reason people are giving you a hard time is because that site is strictly for shallow women where the only thing they care about is looks. It's basically a site that says normal guys aren't good enough. It also means that most of the guys there are only good looking and probably have nothing else going for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the average guy there sleeps with a lot of girls he meets from there.

• Like 1
  • Author
Well Leigh you def wont find any balding overweight Irish guys with bad teeth on "beautiful people.com" so you might want to rethink this strategy of yours..:rolleyes:

To me they were the sexiest men on the planet. They still are. I lose all control when around them. There was just something about them.

I actually don't think I will be as attracted to people on that website.

Reminds me of the date I had with a cosmetic surgeon who said that I could do with lip injections and critiqued my not 100% symmetrical face. I wanted to say to him that he needs to wash 'cause he smelt strongly of BO :p

I actively avoid guys who introduce comments about my looks too soon into getting to know me. They have always turned into bad eggs imo. Anyway cosmetic surgeon turned into a right creeper. After we met up, we had to get the same train as we lived near each other...and the dude kept getting creepier...he actually sexually harassed me, pushed me in a corner and touched my breast...I was so glad when he got off the train :o

Anyway, regarding that website...I quite like doing fun experiments but I'd rather not submit myself to the criticism of strangers. I will take tips on my look from people I know in real life. And I have enough people who I'm thinking so I'd rather stick with that than open myself up to more judgement. Plus, I kind of worry that the type of guys who use that site would be really conceited or shallow.

This is just an observation here because I notice detail ALOT...thats the second selfie on your avi since you started this thread why do you keep changing your avi pic to selfies? out of all the regular members on this site you are the only one ive ever known to have her avi pic be a selfie almost 24/7 since I joined why is that? the devil is always in the details..