Struggling to accept it... how did you?

Anyway, I couldn't help but test the waters one more time today. All of our communication of late has been texting, so brief. She sent me a couple of emails about insurance rates and this, so I decided to tell her that "I say some of the things I do" and "need to move my things" as coping mechanisms. I gave her one last opening, not by asking her to stay married, but rather I said I think the divorce is a mistake, but I know she wants to see it through, therefore I need to get my things out for my own feelings. It didn't give her the upper hand, but it did give her an opening to talk if she wanted...she didn't.

No matter, nothing changed. While I do feel she's genuinely concerned for my financial future (which doesn't involve her since we're legally separated and will be divorced soon), I'd rather incur that expense than have a lingering reason to interact with her. I just want this chapter to end so I can move on to the next.

I don't think there's anything wrong with doing this, especially if it helps you move on knowing you said your piece and tried everything. "I don't want a divorce" is simply an expression of your feelings and different than try to force some "Let's get back together" discussion she doesn't want.

At least, with certainty, you have your answer...

Mr. Lucky