Taking a poll- Are bald or balding men less attractive to women?

Taking a poll- Are bald or balding men less attractive to women? Or not?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tread Carefully

I really like bald men. When I see one, I have an incredible urge to rub his head.

Sexy, sexy!!

Let's take a pole of older women with sagging boobs? Some things can't be contorled I'm a balding man, I shave my head my wife says she loves it who knows, its what I was delt. I know her boobs don't look like they did when she was 19, I love her more now than ever!

• Like 3

Not a turn off at all BUT for me it can't be accompanied with a beer belly. If a guy is in shape (or even has a few extra pounds) and he's bald/balding it's fine with me. I look at the whole picture. Personality and attitude are just as if not more important.

I have noticed that quite a few of my female friends do not seem to think men who are bald are attractive. My husband has a receding hairline & he is very attractive- (not just to me lots of women think so)..

Also I have noticed that other men that are bald are also very good looking. I just don't even care that they don't have a full head of hair.

Is this normal? Or do most other women prefer men with hair? Or does it matter?

Just wondering, interested & curious.....

Not something I am into but my sister LOVES a guy who has a bald head/shaves his head. Most of her boyfriends have been of the shiny noggin variety. She has liked it since high school.

bald and shaved is better than thinning. thinning just looks old, or prematurely old. but i dislike all three and gravitate to men with hair :)

Define thinning? Trying to decide if I should buzz it

Do signs of bare scalp show through the hair, like under indoor light or out in the sun? Thinning. Forehead creeping up and back? Thinning. Etc, etc.

For me it's the total package...

I'm definitely not going for the bald guy who is also fat and/or could pass for my dad/grandfather. I'm also not going for the guy who shaves off his head cuz he can't afford a regular haircut (trust me, you can tell those broke arse guys from a distance).

My FWB had a receding hairline and the little spot in the back. When I met him, he wasn't bald and let it grow a bit high and I loved it...But, one day he came to see me bald and asked if I was "ok" with it, cuz he just preferred to shave it all off instead of dying it.

So, while I was glad he wanted to do something about the greys (cuz yes, balding and greying to the point where you look like a dad/grandpa is a turn off), at the same time, I wasn't cool with him going bald.

But, then again, he had a great body, was handsome and had beautiful blue eyes - so he was the total package. :)

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gp/Jason+Statham+Sophie+Monk+dating+HhigHEYcNOgl.jpg

Yes ^^...See, cuz while he's short, not the most handsome guy in the room - he's the total package cuz he's fit, he's good looking, has style, and a cool personality.

http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-446aeabf6757051fd78cc090ff4fee60?convert_to_webp=true

No ^^, cuz he's neurotic, horrible personality, the unstylish and too big glasses, no style, the way he wears his baldness (just shave it off or trim it lower), and he also was fat and not in shape.

• Like 1
I think one thing that's not being mentioned here though is there is a difference between a guy whose hairline recedes a little and one who is actually going bald (aka horseshoe).

http://www.nobaldnessnow.com/images/1.jpg

Here is a representation of different levels of hairloss for men, and the vast majority of men will get to a II hairline at around 30 or so, but most people (including girls) won't notice that they have lost much hair and basically they just will look a little more mature.

Its when you get into the III and beyond that people will notice and you will have to do something about it.

I'm number 3vertex which sucks

Plus I have a large nose and thin lips and would look even worse bald so I'm just screwed all around

I find bald men with close cropped hair to be very VERY sexy!

Just saying...

Oh and a goatee beard... I just wanna dress him up in leathers and ride him and his big motor bike all day long... Mmmmm

Sorry brain gone off on a train wreck there but bald men = Mmmmmm Lunch! :D

There are definitely women who won't look twice unless a guy looks like a Donald, but they're kind of like guys who judge women by the size of their boobs.

On my dating profile I try not to emphasize my baldness, but at the same time I give them enough to know what the deal is. I also have a second profile, an alter or stalker profile as it's sometimes referred to. I just use it to browse anonymously and haven't written anything in the essay parts. I posted a pic that I was pretty sure nobody would go for... shorts with motorcycle boots (yea, that's a real look), t-shirt and full pate shining in the sunlight...

And guess what- I get hits on that half-assed profile, including one really good hit (attractive, PhD, high match percentage), and we're going out tonight! Now the interesting thing is that she apparently has my other profile, the fully developed one, hidden because I can't even find her from there using the search.

Apparently the don't-give-a-flip attitude has some appeal.

My dad went bald. I'm still pretty young but I'm hoping that I don't lose my hair as well.

Seeing some of these posts though makes me feel a little better about it :)

BlackOpsZombieGirl

Personally, I don't like bald headed guys. I like guys who have a full head of hair or at least some hair, like if they cut their hair really short. The reason I like guys with hair is because I like to run my fingers through it if we're kissing or if we're um, doing other things to each other.:o I also like ruffling a guy's hair whenever the mood strikes me (and sometimes, that's often!), like if his head is on my lap while we're watching a movie or while I'm massaging his neck or back.:love:

But lately, I'm wondering if my opinion on whether a guy being bald is attractive or not is slowly starting to change... I have an online friend that I've been exchanging messages and having phone convos with for a few months now. I've grown to like him as the sweet and funny guy that he is; and even though we're only friends, I sometimes catch myself thinking about him in a way that I might be attracted to him (personality-wise, because I've never met him in person).

I've always assumed that he had hair, so when he recently sent me a pic of himself with a clean shaven head, I was a little taken aback because it caught me off-guard.:p But when I look at this recent picture of him, I'm starting to realize that maybe, bald guys can be attractive (to me)! I guess it just depends on who's sporting the shining dome and what their personality is. I've never really thought a bald guy was attractive in any way until recently.

Personally, I don't like bald headed guys. I like guys who have a full head of hair or at least some hair, like if they cut their hair really short. The reason I like guys with hair is because I like to run my fingers through it if we're kissing or if we're um, doing other things to each other.:o I also like ruffling a guy's hair whenever the mood strikes me (and sometimes, that's often!), like if his head is on my lap while we're watching a movie or while I'm massaging his neck or back.:love:

But lately, I'm wondering if my opinion on whether a guy being bald is attractive or not is slowly starting to change... I have an online friend that I've been exchanging messages and having phone convos with for a few months now. I've grown to like him as the sweet and funny guy that he is; and even though we're only friends, I sometimes catch myself thinking about him in a way that I might be attracted to him (personality-wise, because I've never met him in person).

I've always assumed that he had hair, so when he recently sent me a pic of himself with a clean shaven head, I was a little taken aback because it caught me off-guard.:p But when I look at this recent picture of him, I'm starting to realize that maybe, bald guys can be attractive (to me)! I guess it just depends on who's sporting the shining dome and what their personality is. I've never really thought a bald guy was attractive in any way until recently.

Come over to the darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk side.

I've never known any women attracted to a bald head.

I've known of many bald men without problems attracting women but it was usually because they were violent guys. Nothing to do with their lack of hair.

Guys with hair that is really thinning like comb overs, etc? Forget about it!

Thank God I lucked out with my hair :cool:

BlackOpsZombieGirl
I'm never violent, as long as nobody makes sudden movements. But then I shave my head.. I'm a mean mofo with a pair of clippers.

So, you shave your head bald because you just like it like that? Or do you shave your head because you are going bald and you don't want to have to do the dreaded 'comb over' or have the frightening 'handle bars' look? (when Jen posted about that, I literally LOL'd):lmao:

I know right? Thank god short-short cuts are ok today. I think in the 70s - 80s it wasn't socially or fashionably acceptable so balding guys were stuck with that horror show. :sick:

• Like 1
I know right? Thank god short-short cuts are ok today. I think in the 70s - 80s it wasn't socially or fashionably acceptable so balding guys were stuck with that horror show. :sick:

I think I am inching toward the buzz cut/shave. Haven't taken the plunge yet