Taking a poll- Are bald or balding men less attractive to women?

Taking a poll- Are bald or balding men less attractive to women? Or not?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bald and balding are very different things. If I ever start balding *knock on wood* then i'm shaving it all off.

balding is genetic, so knocking on wood won't stop someone from having thinning hair

• Author
Glad someone made a thread about this. As a 23 year old guy with a receding hairline that drives me nuts I'm curious to see answers from woman. It's given me countless bouts of anxiety over the last couple of years and has been a huge shot to my confidence. Luckily if I grow out my bangs or keep it short and gel it up you can't notice, but I'm sure it's not always going to be that way.

Ladies what would you prefer on a guy who's balding? Shaved down really short but still visible hair? Completely bald? Hair transplants? Would a receding hairline on a guy in his early 20's be a turnoff to you?

NO-

I seem to actually prefer men with receding hairlines! I think it looks super hot & masculine on guys....I also like beards or goatees a lot. (not mustaches all by themselves tho--they tend to look creepy)

I think getting your hair cut done shorter on the sides & back and longer on top might look good. It depends just depends on your personal style...I think hair transplants are totally unnecessary and extreme.

• Like 1
NO-

I seem to actually prefer men with receding hairlines! I think it looks super hot & masculine on guys....I also like beards or goatees a lot. (not mustaches all by themselves tho--they tend to look creepy)

I think getting your hair cut done shorter on the sides & back and longer on top might look good. It depends just depends on your personal style...I think hair transplants are totally unnecessary and extreme.

Yes that is the key, the shorter your haircut and the thinning area won't look as bad

Bald is sexy!

Comb overs and Friar Tuck fuzz are not.

Embrace your baldness!

I was always told its not a bald patch but a solar panel for a sex machine!

Bald is gorgeous... More so with a beard... but now I am just being kinky! :D

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

Its pointless to ask this question on a forum like this....

Because most of what you are gonna get is a bunch of canned "like" answers from women...They'll say how awesome it is that a guy is balding and that male pattern baldness is the sexiest thing in the world....:rolleyes:

You would get the same canned answers if you started a thread asking if ladies like a guy who is nerdy , chubby or has a small dick......

The reality is that most women like a guy whos great looking, has a great body and a big dick...And thats fine...men like women who have big tits and a small body and arent needy and annoying...I just think men are more honest about it....

A friend of mine is bald..He is a relatively successful and decent enough looking guy that has been doing OLD for some time...probably the most common knock he gets is from women that state they prefer a guy with a full head of hair....Oh well...:laugh:

TFY

Bald is sexy! ...a solar panel for a sex machine! Bald is gorgeous... now I am just being kinky! :D

Fortunately, this attitude is what I've experienced in the post divorce dating world... and I do my best to promote it. Of all the attraction/compatibility factors that I know of, it's less of an issue and often it's a woman's preference.

I feel sorry for the poor fluffy-headed schmucks who think hair is sexier than their gold chains. And the women who fall for that act... a smooth pate is like a filter that protects against superficiality!

Hair makes a difference to alot of women just like weight makes a difference to a lot of men how ever there are always the exceptions to this I myself like a head of hair my current BF has the most amazing med length blond hair and I love it! I will not lie..

• Like 1
Its pointless to ask this question on a forum like this....

Because most of what you are gonna get is a bunch of canned "like" answers from women...They'll say how awesome it is that a guy is balding and that male pattern baldness is the sexiest thing in the world....:rolleyes:

You would get the same canned answers if you started a thread asking if ladies like a guy who is nerdy , chubby or has a small dick......

The reality is that most women like a guy whos great looking, has a great body and a big dick...And thats fine...men like women who have big tits and a small body and arent needy and annoying...I just think men are more honest about it....

A friend of mine is bald..He is a relatively successful and decent enough looking guy that has been doing OLD for some time...probably the most common knock he gets is from women that state they prefer a guy with a full head of hair....Oh well...:laugh:

TFY

But not all women are qualified to get a guy who has a great body and big dick

I haven't had my hair toy too long yet, but I just arrived in SoBe and I'm going to wear it all week. Or maybe one day and not the next.

I'll definitely post to this thread about the reactions with and without, on the same exact person, in the same week.

I'm dying to someday walk down the street, grab the thing and pull it off a second, saying, "good morning" like you would tip a hat... now THAT would be funny! :lmao:

I guess you have no idea how painful it is to try and have a quicky with an enormous member then... Or tried to deep throat it...

Embrace who you are and what you have got gents... But please no cheese, wither by means of a comb over or by lack of washing...!

• Like 1
most_distant_galaxy

A man I still think about from time to time is someone who was balding, :love: He was really handsome and sweet overall.

A man I still think about from time to time is someone who was balding, :love: He was really handsome and sweet overall.

If the thinning area is just in the middle of his middle that means you can only see it when he bends down

Adding another anecdote, and perhaps qualifying why things look like they do, I was the only balding husband/man my exW had been with. I saw pictures of her first husband, met her second husband a number of times, and interacted with her current BF a few times as well and they all had/have full heads of hair. I was also the only overweight guy she married.

A perhaps more pertinent question to those who love bald men is who they are married to. If a bald man, then things match up. If other, then more investigation is needed. In my own case, from statements I heard directly, I was somewhat of an 'experiment' in the preference area, aligning with discussion often read here about women having experiences with one preference and then, after those experiences, trying something else. In my M, I was apparently 'something else'.

Bald, or buzzed, is my strong preference. I also like heavier-set men. My ideal physical type would be a bald or buzzed football lineman type. My kids tease me about it. I’ve dated men that my friends considered “wow” guys, more the quarterback or receiver types. But they’ve been very smart, warm and affectionate, or a heck of a lot of fun to make up for lack of bald lineman-ness.

In defense of women being consistent, while at the same time perhaps validating the point about the effects of experiences on expressed preferences, it did take many, many years of interacting with women who expressed a dislike for balding men, especially at a young age like I was, before I noted any substantive change. Most of that change occurred after I turned 35.

As a program note, the vast majority of women I approached and/or dated were either divorced or never married single mothers. I think my exW was the only woman I ever dated who was childless. I mention that because being a single parent is a markedly different life experience than being simply single. It's a big responsibility and I respected the ladies would desire to be prudent in their choices and strong attraction is important in the choosing process.

It just occurred to me that, other than a couple of young guys I know who shave their heads (I have no idea if they're bald or not), none of the males in my social circle are a 'chrome-dome' like I am. Never thought about that before. Hmm...

In defense of women being consistent, while at the same time perhaps validating the point about the effects of experiences on expressed preferences, it did take many, many years of interacting with women who expressed a dislike for balding men, especially at a young age like I was, before I noted any substantive change. Most of that change occurred after I turned 35.

As a program note, the vast majority of women I approached and/or dated were either divorced or never married single mothers. I think my exW was the only woman I ever dated who was childless. I mention that because being a single parent is a markedly different life experience than being simply single. It's a big responsibility and I respected the ladies would desire to be prudent in their choices and strong attraction is important in the choosing process.

It just occurred to me that, other than a couple of young guys I know who shave their heads (I have no idea if they're bald or not), none of the males in my social circle are a 'chrome-dome' like I am. Never thought about that before. Hmm...

Any guy who has a bald head was probably going bald.

I can't believe a girl asked me this on a 1st date because of my thinning hair.

"Ever you thought about getting a bald head?"

Surprisingly she called me after the date

I've never had any preference. Although I do prefer that a balding guy just shave it all off or trim it super short. No Bozo the clown looks, comb overs, or any of that. When it is super short, it is fun to run my fingers over it like soft astroturf. Ever had a guy with a super short, trimmed do run it over your body? He doesn't need a lot of square footage to pull that off. lol. A bald head makes it easier to give scalp massages too. Grease it up and...use your imagination.

Will admit that I tend to single out the younger guys who are very attractive, but are balding prematurely. I look younger than my age. They look older than their age. We fit together nicely ;)

I like longer hair too. I dunno. I like playing with men. What can I say? When I'm in love, whatever he's got is whatever I'm into.

Edited by RedRobin
  • 9 months later...

Just want to know what women think of guys with thinning hair/bald heads/shaved heads. Do they find them less attractive than guys who have hair? Does it matter?

I like it! Makes no difference if the overall package is attractive. Can be very sexy and attractive! Studies show bald men have higher testosterone levels.

If that is your pic, you are handsome and very attractive! No worries. Besides, you wouldn't want a woman who would care about something so singular and shallow. You are a whole man!

• Like 1

I can't say in today's dating milieu but back when I was young, long, thick hair was in for men and I did get some pushback (stated as reasons) from women since my hair started thinning markedly in my mid-20's. It wasn't so much an issue for MW's since they were after something else, rather the single women I ran into. It became less of an issue over the next 15 years or so. However, my exW did mention that a number of her friends inquired why she'd be dating a bald guy, so perhaps the perspective ran with our generation, not so much the current social milieu. Today, it's practically a zero issue IME. I keep wishing for the rest to go away so the buzzing and shaving can end. Getting lazy in middle age I guess.

Women don't care as long as it's not something like Donald Trump does

Lol...Trump has the most complicated comb over I've ever seen.

Over the last few years bald heads on men have become somewhat fashionable. Even guys with full heads of hair sometimes get their heads shaved or clipped as close to the scalp as they can. I don't mind bald at all.

bald and shaved is better than thinning. thinning just looks old, or prematurely old. but i dislike all three and gravitate to men with hair :)

• Like 2

I've never had a problem, I don't shave completely bald but pretty close sometimes. Women have preferences just like we do. This is like a woman posting to ask if guys prefer long hair or shorter hair and neither type have trouble attracting people.

• Like 2

Those pretending to have more hair than they do is a turn off for me. Just buzz it. I think going the extra mile of shaving your head is overkill but whatever floats your boat.