I had an affair with a friend and need strength to get over it

Levelheadedgirl

I obviously can't tell you how the OP's life would be after a confession. She's obviously not coming back to tell us either. Infidelity is not a one size fits all type of situation. Not everyone reacts the same. Some BS's understandingly go on a rampage, some don't. IMO, it's all about how a person handles pain. I've been through so much tragedy in my life that being cheated on wasn't as devastating to me as it is for others. Don't get me wrong, it hurt and it sucked, but everyone handles things differently.

Then let her roll the dice...and see how he reacts..

But thats not how it works ...Most ALL Waywards here..want their cake and eat it too...They continue to LIE..DECEIVE and BETRAY their BS until caught or guilt consumes them...

At that point most BSs here could care less what their hurts,feelings or unmet needs were..

Again..Some Damage CANNOT be repaired,,,Some Hurts can NEVER be Forgiven or Forgotten...

Thank you good to know.

Correction - wayward forum here or another website?

I appreciate the information.

If the truth is too much for you here...Try Talkmarriage...more for those who do not want to deal with the true aftermath of infidelity...Badkarma2013

Your truth is not my truth and my truth is not your truth.

That's the truth.

I think I'll stay right where I am, thank you.

• Like 1

People, she is gone. She left over a week ago, quite likely passing on a disease to her innocent husband.

Shall we stop now, and help somebody who is still around?

I want to especially help other waywards. If comments get to be too much, I try to defend and at least try to understand where the WS is coming from.

Why do you need to defend anyone? The poster can speak for themselves. Or if the poster has bailed then there is nobody to defend, are you defending all wayward spouses in general?

People talk about how people who have been betrayed are projecting their own betrayals into their posts. Doesn't that mean it is possible that betrayers could also be doing something similar? In that you put yourself in the OP's place, but you are not the OP though, you do not need to defend them, this is not your situation(whatever it was).

So then when you jump in and go "defending" these people then won't that just spurn other posters even more, because then they think "oh, this person is defending a cheater!" or something? I'm just trying to think of alternate solutions to dwelling on the comments of others.

• Like 1
And not engaging in their rants...

I'm here to help other waywards and betrayed spouses if possible...but I don't have the time of day for nonsense and meanness. But it takes a strong wayward to stay here. New ones in the process don't stand a chance.

Why is there no way to protect waywards from bashing of the angry betrayed spouses?

Well this is the Infidelity forum and waywards might feel more comfortable in the OW/OM forum.