How does a woman succesfully approach a man?

EngnimaticResponse
Yes, a good chunk of people got married straight out of high school. I know more married men than single. I am always checking for a ring and more often than not see one.

I'm 25. Not TOO old, but if men are looking for 18 year olds then I'm certainly not what they want.

But given my history, I don't think I have anything to lose from trying to start conversations with people. If I were a different person, sure, I may not want to approach. But for me? It's likely the best way to create more opportunities.

25. So the guys you approach are also in thier 20's? Could be an age group thing. Might not be "your time" yet. 30's guys would probably be a bit more responsive.

Unless you are still too close to LA (aka pretty people central) I don't see it being a looks thing. I've seen the pics you posted.

1. The glasses are a good look for you.

2. Definately NOT a dude.

3. I am reminded of something an ex-co-worker used to say: "Well, if she thinks she could have her way with me..... ...she's right."

Quite frankly, I would never, ever do this. It's pretty trashy, IMO.

Of course it is lol, nobody would ever do that. It's a comic extreme to make my point. Ie, that would be the way to turn "Hi" into "pay attention to me".

I've been around women who *say* much more than hi and still don't get taken seriously in this way. Because they just... converse, and think that's good enough, and wonder why after ten minutes guys make an excuse and bail. We bail on GUYS who just blather on about crap. We stick around people who are funny or interesting. And it takes two to tango, sometimes we're half of a dull conversation and know it. You've got to make it click.

Girl, I get you. I'm 25 as well and rarely get approached by men. According to, well everyone I know, as a moderately attractive, fit 25 year old woman (I'm no supermodel but I know I'm not hideous and I exercise 6 times a week) I should have guys lining up around the block to be with me. But looks aren't everything! I'm very introverted, and incredibly shy/self-conscious around men, and I'm noticing that it shows in my body language while out at a bar or somewhere else. It's something I'm become more self-aware of, and hopefully I will overcome it before I turn 30 lol.

I've been working on doing the "scary" thing and approaching guys at bars/messaging them first on OLD. It's incredibly scary for me but it gets easier with practice! I think smiling at them and saying "hi" as a starter is fine and not too much. It's not the man's job to approach women and if you're not getting the results you want from waiting and doing nothing, then you need to take action. :) Good luck!

• Like 1