You're right, women have it easier. Now what?

Men will simply have to stop approaching women, and paying them attention.

We all know that would never happen, but if we imagine that it did, the result would be women being forced to put in more effort and actually approach men and win the male's affection for a change.

We all know that in reality it's the other way around. Argue all you want, but in the majority of cases, the women puts in drastically less effort in any relationship she enters. She doesn't have to worry about the man deeming her a loser, and she certainly doesn't have to worry about the man breaking things off because even if he did, the next salivating male is always around the corner for her.

This may actually start happening. Google "Herbivore Men". In Japan, it's estimated that anywhere from 60-75% of men under 30 consider themselves herbivore men. They do not actively engage women.

It's certainly possible that this may spread. Marriage is already down in the US.

This may actually start happening. Google "Herbivore Men". In Japan, it's estimated that anywhere from 60-75% of men under 30 consider themselves herbivore men. They do not actively engage women.

It's certainly possible that this may spread. Marriage is already down in the US.

Not just in the US

Marriage is declining globally: Can you say that? | Family Inequality

How should they admit this?

Some kind of public decree? Poster on their door? Slogan on a mug?

How does their realization then subsequent proclamation in any way help you?

That can be expanded to just about anyone's behaviour towards any desired thing.

We all want the best.

What one calls "settling" others call "acceptance".

You are admitting it right here, albeit in a round-about way. Thanks though and confirming what I thought all along.

If you are not the best, then you shouldn't strive to get the best (or risk being settled for). Therefore, it's better to not try at all.

Yeah, well, that's the difference. Guys mainly want sex. Women mainly want love. Some women can get sex if they're not picky, but getting love at a level they're capable of is really hard to find.

I know many women that want mostly sex. In fact, I know more women that want purely sex than men....and have no shame about it either.

You might say that women have turned into men, which is as equally disappointing as everything else discussed here.

I don't really think so, no.

Most guys would be happy to be with women at their level.

Are you saying you've never turned down a guy who is around your level, somebody where you'd be walking down the street and people could think you were a couple?

I have been turned down by a number of women who could literally be my sister.

I think that's the main reason guys complain TBH. Because they DON'T go for the hottest women. They go for average women and expect those women should like them.

Not the case. Women like what they like. You cannot feel entitled for her to like you because you are generally on the same level.

Exactly, all women like the tall model with a 6 figure career who is also outgoing and a lot of fun. The rest of us be damned.

I go for average women all the time (I don't even meet hot women regularly) and I never get them.

Exactly, all women like the tall model with a 6 figure career who is also outgoing and a lot of fun. The rest of us be damned.

I go for average women all the time (I don't even meet hot women regularly) and I never get them.

Just because YOU think they are average, doesn't mean they are.

• Like 1
Just because YOU think they are average, doesn't mean they are.

True...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One person's average, is another person's stunner.

• Like 4

Even Physical Beauty has its superficialities, despite gender. These threads that get started on this topic astound me TBH...how can you even know if someone is LTR material until you get to know them? That takes at least six months to a year to know that....to be caught up on looks, even the most beautiful people have a face that you don't want to see.

• Like 2
JuneJulySeptember

Not exactly what I meant.

Some women do chase after the tall/dark/handsome/etc. A lot of other women might not, but still have a type that you need to fit.

Basically, all I'm trying to do is to get people to quit saying "Rejection is your fault."

It's terrible and it kills men's self esteem. You are really saying that you have never rejected a man whose looks were fine and his personality was fine? Of course you have.

BTW, I'd like to point out that all the women who say that men would never get rejected if they went for women in their league, that means that all of the men you have rejected you have done so, because they are below your league. Not good on you. :confused:

• Like 2
Rejected Rosebud
Yes, but women will sleep with the top 20% and chase those men, while settling for the other 80% only when they fail with those men.

This is common knowledge.

I think you will find very few people on Earth who accept this as common knowledge, outside of the Internet communities that you and a small handful of other guys here frequent.

It's a really silly idea! :p

Rejected Rosebud
Pretty much everybody wants a hot woman or man. Women care about physical attraction as much as any man. I am not going to judge women for it because sexual attraction is human nature but people shouldn't be hypocritical about it.

I don't see hypocrisy here. What's being noticed is that the most whining about the percentages of men who get the women or whatever that nonsense is all about is only pertaining to the HOT women. I'm sure these complaining fellows are not even acknowledging the existence of the not so hot women in these mathematical proclamations.

• Like 2
Rejected Rosebud

Basically, all I'm trying to do is to get people to quit saying "Rejection is your fault."

It's terrible and it kills men's self esteem.

Rejection is actually a no-fault situation. It's a part of life, not a pleasant one. If you ask me out and I say no, neither one of us is at fault though you're the one who ends up with hurt feelings. I understand that feels terrible, but it still wouldn't be my "fault."

If a person's self esteem is dependent on outside validation, that person needs to take responsibility for that themselves. It's tough but really true.

You are really saying that you have never rejected a man whose looks were fine and his personality was fine? Of course you have.

I have quite a few times, for different reasons. I don't feel guilty about it either.

BTW, I'd like to point out that all the women who say that men would never get rejected if they went for women in their league, that means that all of the men you have rejected you have done so, because they are below your league. Not good on you. :confused:

Are women really saying men would NEVER get rejected if they stay within their "league"? I doubt it. Just because somebody's in your league doesn't mean you are going to like them. It might improve the odds though.

• Like 2

The day guys stop acting like girls but men is the day these threads will become obsolete. No offence but some guys here need to learn a thing or two about not only dating but life in general.

From a guy who still managed to pull aspiring models even though he was slightly pudgy, shorter than the girl, had a good blotch of acne going and even the stereotypical nice guy tendencies. That was the old me; not even going to elaborate on the new me now.

*snaps fingers*

Men arent magically appearing before me. I thought they said I didnt have to do any work? :(

Sorry, traffic was terrible and my train was delayed.

• Like 2
Yes, but women will sleep with the top 20% and chase those men, while settling for the other 80% only when they fail with those men.

This is common knowledge.

Could we not say the same for men?

"Men want to date the top 20% of women (Adriana limas of the world), but end up settling for the bottom 80% of women."

The day guys stop acting like girls but men is the day these threads will become obsolete. No offence but some guys here need to learn a thing or two about not only dating but life in general.

From a guy who still managed to pull aspiring models even though he was slightly pudgy, shorter than the girl, had a good blotch of acne going and even the stereotypical nice guy tendencies. That was the old me; not even going to elaborate on the new me now.

Damn, this is just offensive to everyone- guys and gals alike.

• Author
Lernaean_Hydra
You are admitting it right here, albeit in a round-about way. Thanks though and confirming what I thought all along.

If you are not the best, then you shouldn't strive to get the best (or risk being settled for). Therefore, it's better to not try at all.

Great, so now that your theory has been validated, I assume you'll be removing yourself from the dating pool entirely and no longer commenting on its current state of affairs?

*snaps fingers*

Men arent magically appearing before me. I thought they said I didnt have to do any work? :(

I've just now done the same thing and actually, two men just appeared at my window. Surprise, surprise though, they're both twice my age and unemployed with criminal records. Hang on, I think they're undressing...

Ah well, looks like all these men were right. I guess since these two guys want to sleep with me that means I have an easier time in dating... Because as we all know, unsuitable guys wanting to bang you is the exact same thing as suitable guys wanting to date you. Lucky me :bunny:.

• Like 7
  • Author
Lernaean_Hydra
Damn, this is just offensive to everyone- guys and gals alike.

I actually didn't find his post to be offensive at all.

I actually didn't find his post to be offensive at all.

Interesting. The way I see it, he's saying guys who act like girls (ambiguous as that is, and as though that is a negative thing) are continuing this ongoing banter. So it's not even the men themselves, it's men behaving like women causing all the problems.

Interesting. The way I see it, he's saying guys who act like girls (ambiguous as that is, and as though that is a negative thing) are continuing this ongoing banter. So it's not even the men themselves, it's men behaving like women causing all the problems.

As a woman, I'm attracted to masculinity. That doesn't mean an individual can't have a balance of masculine and feminine overall, but it's the masculine stuff that sparks desire.

• Like 5
Could we not say the same for men?

"Men want to date the top 20% of women (Adriana limas of the world), but end up settling for the bottom 80% of women."

Who is this Llama you speak of, and why would men want to shag it?